Options
13»

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi DD
    You did well.....I still havnt taken pixi out yet never mind reverse her onto the drive. Thats great. Thought you might get to the pub...once again good for you. Now flop and relax.
    What do men have brains for?? goodness knows or more to the point ...where are they??? :lol::lol::lol:
    I thought about ironing but thats as far as I got :lol: ..thinking about it :lol: .
    I'm about to flop on the settee.
    Love
    Hileena
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Oh DD, sounded painful ... I'm glad you are on the mend.

What I'm unclear about is are you using your toilet frame as your new perching stool or is this only temporary until you manage to get Mr DD to the disability shop with the inconsiderate opening times?

Take care,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello Speedy, it's lovely to hear from you! Yes indeedy, my toilet frame is my new perch, and is destined to remain so for a while yet until my researches are completed. There are a couple more shops in the locality that I need to investigate - like the one I went to on Friday they are only open Monday to Friday, 9-5. I just don't get that. It's not summat I would but without trying either, so tinterweb is out. What a malarkey! :smile: I hope you and S are having a good summer break. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning all. I am pleased to report that the bruises are fading (I am on my second bottle of witch hazel) and the bend in the left knee has improved to about 85 degrees worth, so I am not far off what it was before the tumble. I am going to have a go today at tidying up, finishing the ironing, and doing one lesson. I am only looking forward to the latter. DD
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    So pleased to hear that you are now on the mend a little DD , please don't try to do too much too soon especially if Mr DD is also suffering at the moment . A bit of dust or untidiness never hurt anyone ! Thinking of you , PS if you're looking on line for stools , I find : the Ability superstore : to be very good and fairly reasonable . Jillyb
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    DD I am pleased that the bruising is now starting to fade and that this morning you are not feeling too bad.
    I hope you soon get sorted with a stool, and I quite agree it is silly for them to close on a week-end.
    Good luck with the chores today, I am just resting between mine. :grin:

Take care
    juliepf x

glad your comp is now working jillyb1 nice to have you back :grin:
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am pleased to report that the bruises are fading (I am on my second bottle of witch hazel). DD

Thought you preferred Wherry.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh sticky, I do. :sad:

This morning I think I have, actually, hurt myself. My left knee feels very 'wrong', it is crunching and grinding like no-one's business, it is hurting a little, it's lost some bend and I am not feeling too good due to heat. I cannot be harrised to go and get it looked at - I know, I know, stupid or wot? It is incredibly hot and humid here, Mr DD is working at home and still limping so I am going to rest things and if there is no improvement by tomorrow then I shall bite the bullet and go to A&E. :sad:
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh dear dd

Just as I thought youu were on the mend. Yes, please rest as much as poss. Make a flask for mr dd so that neither of you have to keep treading those stairs. I don't blame you for not wanting to venture out, it is humid here too, and last thing you want is to sit among ssweaty individuals in a&e.
    I hope your knee feels better tomorrow but if not I will jump in your pocket and lead you to a&e. Best to get it checked out, especially seen as there is now a grind.

Thinking of you
    love juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Awww DD
    I'm so sorry....you are going through a lot at the moment...just when you thought it was getting better. Have you done anything or was it driving daisy that aggravated it?
    The humidity here is dreadful.....cant stand it. Think you've got the right idea......relax and get yourself to A&E tomorrow if no better.
    Can Mr DD take you?

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Mr DD will be safely out of the way at work tomorrow, I may well get a taxi to the hospital. I suspect he will be going swimming bright and early so I plan to set off bright and early too, my aim is to be there by 6.45am, my hope being there will be very little waiting around! It does feel odd, kinda 'dead'. :shock: It's a bit of a bind: we get so used to pain and discomfort we don't necessarily recognise when there is a 'real' problem. Ho-hum. :roll: Je suis peeved. :sad:
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Oh DD, what are we going to do with you. I know send you plent of hugs. I hope everything goes well tomorrow for you. Get that knee looked at to, tell them everything what's happened, they'll sort you out.

Until then take it really easy unless I will contact Mr DD and tell him to give you a smack for being a naughty girl. Just rest rest and more rest.

Thinking of you.

Karen xx
    Karen xx