jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hugging the ones you love ( and the dog ! ) . Jillyb
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Happiness is : Having a romantic night with Mr White! And getting snuggles and loud purrs from bubbadog. And finally having lots of Dip Dabs!!! :smile:
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    loving and being loved
    val
  • valval
    Options
    do you remember the love is wrapping paper from the late 70s cute pictures
    val
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    I remember those val and the cards too :grin:
  • julie47
    Options
    When oh comes home from work
    and when my daughter an sil come to visit :grin:
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    Winding up the racist, abusive, annoying neighbours by not moving my car from outside the front wall of their house :D

And family and friends and that too!

Nxx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Finding a pair of jeans that actually fit me, as I did today :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    For me today's happiness was seeing my gorgeous dr at the pain clinic who says he will try to mend me - he thinks I have a trapped nerve in my neck and was so sympathetic when I read out my list of symptoms. If only all docs were like him - he makes his patients feel special as I am sure I do not get any preferential treatment. :grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    a glass of single malt and plain chocolate brazils............. :grin:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    A pint of real British Ale Not the piddle we get here in Spain
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    A huge bag of Maltesers and a bottle of Lucozade;

Havent had either if these for three weeks as I am on a diet, am definately having withdrawal symtoms :x
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • julie47
    Options
    Today my oh is home for the rest of the week and finishing decorating our bedroom that he started at the weekend.

Looks good too :grin:
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    ....meeting my friend for lunch today. :grin::grin:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Ah Julie, is it the OH who looks good or the newly-decorated bedroom? :smile:

I hope you have a lovely lunch, elna.

Happiness is absent today :sad: but may be back tomorrow. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Sorry that happiness is absent for you today, DD. Just swing those tassels around a bit, and I'm sure it will return soon :lol::lol:

Happiness for me today is going to my art group where I can lose myself in paint for a couple of hours, in between chatting to my good friends there. I owe it all to AC as the group is part of AC in my area.
  • valval
    Options
    happiness is unexpected meaasge from a friend just had pm from trisher made my day :grin::grin::grin::grin:

dd sorry it not a happy day for you know you do not do hugs but i do so here one for you

t4624.gif

hope it better soon val
    val
  • julie47
    Options
    oh dd......its both :grin:

picture the diet coke advert :lol::lol:

(not the one with santa :lol: the one with the hunk in it :lol: )
    hope you are feeling a little brighter this afternoon.

Val, it is nice to hear from people unexpectedly isn't it, it makes you feel special knowing that someone is thinking of you. (my son in laws mum popped round to see me yesterday, I was over the moon)

Joan I hope you have enjoyed your painting group. What have you painted today or is it something that takes a few weeks?
    juliepf x
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Drinking a large skinny latte and eating a scone and butter in the sunshine at my local marks snd spencers coffee bar.

and

Watching my two dogs chasing each other in circles in the park, also in the sunshine.

Marion
  • joanlawson
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    oh dd......its both :grin:

picture the diet coke advert :lol::lol:

(not the one with santa :lol: the one with the hunk in it :lol: )
    hope you are feeling a little brighter this afternoon.

Val, it is nice to hear from people unexpectedly isn't it, it makes you feel special knowing that someone is thinking of you. (my son in laws mum popped round to see me yesterday, I was over the moon)

Joan I hope you have enjoyed your painting group. What have you painted today or is it something that takes a few weeks?
    juliepf x

Julie, I'm painting a canal scene with boats at the moment, but it will take a while to finish. Here's some I did earlier. They're a bit dark because I photographed them on the wall behind glass, but click on the picture to make it bigger, and they look better.

th_DSC02946.jpg th_DSC02929.jpg
    th_DSC02926.jpg

Joan
  • julie47
    Options
    Oh Joan they are beautiful.

What a talented lady you are. That has certainly made me happy today to see such lovely paintings.
    Thankyou. :smile:

Juliepfx

DD ....hope you are happy today my friend. :smile:
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Wow joanlawson, who's a clever girl then? :smile: I wish I could do something like that, they are lovely. I know that julie47pf is a dab hand with the old artistic stuff too, I am deeply envious of the pair of you. As for the happiness bit . . . . . . :sad: It matters not. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • valval
    Options
    i do wish i could pain often look at things and think that would make great picture but have no talent
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Happiness is a forum with some b&%s and posts ya can really get ya flippin teeth into!, and not some politically correct fun banished addled waste land we have now, I mean where have all the mad buggers gone, where’s all the 3 dimensional free thinkers?.
    The bunker babes have gone to God knows where, fat Kev has been locked up for rioting the bunker is now a Mosque, and I feel like a good friend has died every time I visit here, I'm so sad to see what's come to pass, well done MOD’s you’ve made the place totally safe and mind numbingly bland, the total opposite to real life, humans need risk to make them feel alive it’s what drives diversity, it’s like Shaun of the dead without the humour.
    I don't mind reading about someone’s cat that's just chucked up on the sofa but please please for God's sake lets have some decent discussions mixed in
    The whole of the Arab world is struggling to break free of oppression, there's blood on the streets and the smoke of rioting in the air but all we have is "my cats dead coz I ran it over with me Zimmer frame" whoopee fecking do!!, not!.
    It's soooooooooo boring it makes me teeth ache, thing is I can't post anything decent as it will be censored or deleted, this site is the total opposite to the chaos that drives the natural world around us, we need energy and passion back on here and not this, all that’s left is the bland dead remnant of a once blisteringly bright and beautiful vibrant star that once warmed us all to our cores and enriched our lives so deeply, we made friends and had a laugh, OK so it may have burnt us from time to time but at least it let you know you were still alive. This does the total opposite.