Happiness is . . . .

Options

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Methinks you have posted on the wrong thread, Mel, you do not sound at all happy and I am sorry about that. This is a thread to relate what made you happy today. We cannot put right what is wrong round about unfortunately but we can still find something that made us happy for a time, during the day. Admittedly one may have to think hard about it but one can usually find something.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Happiness is .......having some respite for a short time today from my popping neck, head pains, pins and needles in my arms and hands and hardly being able to put one foot in front of the other without feeling drunk (although not). Receiving a lovely card in the post from my daughter.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Happiness is a forum with some b&%s and posts ya can really get ya flippin teeth into!, and not some politically correct fun banished addled waste land we have now, I mean where have all the mad buggers gone, where’s all the 3 dimensional free thinkers?.
    The bunker babes have gone to God knows where, fat Kev has been locked up for rioting the bunker is now a Mosque, and I feel like a good friend has died every time I visit here, I'm so sad to see what's come to pass, well done MOD’s you’ve made the place totally safe and mind numbingly bland, the total opposite to real life, humans need risk to make them feel alive it’s what drives diversity, it’s like Shaun of the dead without the humour.
    I don't mind reading about someone’s cat that's just chucked up on the sofa but please please for God's sake lets have some decent discussions mixed in
    The whole of the Arab world is struggling to break free of oppression, there's blood on the streets and the smoke of rioting in the air but all we have is "my cats dead coz I ran it over with me Zimmer frame" whoopee fecking do!!, not!.
    It's soooooooooo boring it makes me teeth ache, thing is I can't post anything decent as it will be censored or deleted, this site is the total opposite to the chaos that drives the natural world around us, we need energy and passion back on here and not this, all that’s left is the bland dead remnant of a once blisteringly bright and beautiful vibrant star that once warmed us all to our cores and enriched our lives so deeply, we made friends and had a laugh, OK so it may have burnt us from time to time but at least it let you know you were still alive. This does the total opposite.

Happiness is seeing a post ( and a rant! ) from Mell :grin:

The Bunker babes are still around, Mell- we're on a bus touring round the country looking for you among others who seem to have gone missing recently. As for the mad buggers, that still includes quite a few of us :lol:

I think we have to accept that there is a place on the forum for all sorts of threads, and what might seem boring to some people is not to others. Also, some people like more light-hearted and amusing topics, but your posts about the state of the world have always been very interesting and thought-provoking to read, so I hope you will continue with them. I for one would miss reading them.

I don't see why you should feel that you can't post your opinions about any topic as long as you keep within the rules of the forum. I'm all in favour of freedom of speech, but there have to be some boundaries. If you think about it, a free for all on here wouldn't be very pleasant, and some people might become offensive. I think I could stick up for myself, but some people wouldn't be able to.

Anyway, please don't stop posting. Your '' energy and passion'' are always much appreciated by me and many others.

Joan ( moon dancer :grin: )
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • elnafinn
    Options
    ..... an mri scan this morning - got a cancellation, happiness indeed :grin:

Elna x

• mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Thanks Joan I knew I could rely on you me dear!.
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    cats dead coz I ran it over with me Zimmer frame" whoopee fecking do!!, not!.
    It's soooooooooo boring it makes me teeth ache, thing is I can't post anything decent as it will be censored or deleted, this site is the total opposite to the chaos that drives the natural world around us, we need energy and passion back on here and not this, all that’s left is the bland dead remnant of a once blisteringly bright and beautiful vibrant star that once warmed us all to our cores and enriched our lives so deeply, we made friends and had a laugh, OK so it may have burnt us from time to time but at least it let you know you were still alive. This does the total opposite.[/quote]

mel so great to hear from you again you have been missed with len on a sabatical it been so quiet here missed your posts even if some go over my head and took two attempts to read them but have missed the fun they cause please post we need to remember we are still alive and kicking even if getting through the day enough for some of us the rest need something to distract us val
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Thanks Joan I knew I could rely on you me dear!.

Number 1 Mellman fan, still alive and kicking :lol::lol:
  • elnafinn
    Options
    ....out for a meal tonight with friends and they are paying - double happiness :lol:

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    .......a day having our grandaughter with us on Saturday and again on Sunday for a couple of hours. :grin:

Elna x

• joanlawson
    Options
    Happiness is meeting a boy today who I used to teach when he was 7. He's now 17, and has grown up to be a lovely young man who is doing his A levels and hopes to go to uni next year. It's a nice feeling to know that I played a small part in his education :grin:
  • elnafinn
    Options
    ....... posting my form off to receive a free bus pass. Yay!

.......going to took after my grandaughter in a couple of hours. Yay!

Elna x

• Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    ....snuggles with my doggy when I'm feeling down.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    ......receiving lots of photos of two recent family events in the post from my SIL :grin:

Elna x

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    getting to bottom of wash basket and no one filling it back up???
    val
  • elnafinn
    Options
    ......... wrestling with three giant sunflower plants and I won :)

Elna x

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    An unexpected 'phone call from a friend who sounded so very, very happy that it made me smile! :smile: DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Happiness is making other people happy. DD
  • NinaKKang
    NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
    Options
    My car STILL being out on the street, right outside the neighbour's house :D

Nxx
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    ......surprise visit from our eldest son who had an unexpected job in our area , made my day .
  • elnafinn
    Options
    ....... husband is home as he has taken a day's holiday. :grin:

Elna x

• elnafinn
    Options
    ............making 12 servings of butternut squash for the freezer. Squash and onions from the allotment :) I also threw in a large chopped up courgette also from the allotment although not in the recipe. :grin: Carrots were bought.

............. Greek salad tonight with toms from greenhouse and cucumbers from the allotment. :)

Elna x

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    The kindness of people who have contacted me and my daughter who has called to see if I am ok while my OH has been away for 2 nights.
    Thank you :grin:
    He comes home today :grin: yey!

juliepf x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    When a friend turns up at your door unexpected (cause she is normally at work) and says "Is the kettle on?" and produces a fresh cream strawberry tart. :grin:

y u m :grin:

juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Deciding between Lee Child, Mark Billingham or Peter Robinson. (crime novels, before you all start wildly speculating). Robinson wins, Alan Banks here I come. DD
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Enjoying going out in our new ( to us ) car with a big enough boot for my wheelchair and the shopping . NB to DD , try Peter James ; crime novels set in Brighton area . Jillyb