babytiger Member Posts: 360
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    sending you some loive through.... get well soon xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Julie...Just to let you know I am still thinking about you..and really willing you better..sending loads of healing hugs (((((()))) and love xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Everyone and thank you for all of your kind wishes.
    It was so lovely to read your responses and I hope that all the vibes I am getting from you all work.

I was really quite annoyed with myself on saturday morning when Richard was trying to ut on my leg and I had to tell him to stop.
    We tried 3 times but it hurt too much.
    I rested most of saturday but yesterday decided I had to try the walk in centre and see if they would give me antibiotics to get on top of the problem asap.
    I spent most of the day just reading and sleeping.
    Today although it doesn't look red, Inside it feels as though it is burning on the bone. I will be leaving the leg off all week and I will give it till friday then go to my own gp to get more ab's if needed.

I will learn my lesson one day....I only walked probably a total of 15-20 yards. I have been told I shouldn't walk only use the leg to transfer. BUT...you have to try eh? sometimes you can prove experts wrong.

Well my lovely friends
    I thankyou all again for your good wishes and I promise.....I will rest up.
    This op is so important I dont want it cancelling.

Love from Julie xx

PS Welcome to the new people who have kindly responded to my post I hope you enjoy taking part on the forum, as you can see they are a great bunch.
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Julie, sorry I am late to thi, I thought I had already replied. I hope the antib's work speedily for you. Rest up and get well soon.

Thinking of you x
  • julie47
    Options
    Thank you SG :smile:

DD.....I am so sorry... I forgot to thank you for posting this thread for me :oops:
    I am very grateful to you.

I am going to be good and take it easy :wink:

Love Juliepf x
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Julie, as you say, "this op is so important I dont want it cancelling". It is, I totally agree that is why I am worrying for you. I know what you did was not good but I would be the same I am sure, just wanting to try and it was no distance really, was it? Bless you, I am sure you will not try that again in a while. The temptation must be so great sometimes, just to walk a few yards. You are so good with such a immense amount of will power.

Thinking of you all the time,

Hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi Elna

Thankyou for all your kind words. I am hoping your good vibes are coming through to me and this all clears up. (your vibes are brilliant, if you remember you willed the letter to come and.....it did :shock: :lol: )

I have just taken the 30'clock dose. I am also resting....which is hard.
    Rich took me to get my auntie a 70th birthday present, I sort of knew what I wanted, got it and came straight home. Thats it now....I promise.

I hope you are ok my lovely friend and that you are still taking things slowly.
    You are always in my thoughts.
    Love Julie xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    I have just taken the 30'clock dose.

30 o'clock? Blimey, Julie, what's in those meds?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    Options
    :lol::lol: sticky......I need to go to spec savers :lol:

or......just wear the ones i have got :shock:
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    only just seen this post as i havent been on for a while,lots of gentle hugs
    and warm thoughts",keep taking the tablets" as the saying goes.Mig
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Julie,
    I am glad you got you aunties present but even happier to hear you are resting. It is just not fair that you are having to go through this but I have everything crossed for you that it clears up before Friday.

More positive vibes coming your way.

Lv, I x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Hi Julie

just popped in to see how you are today?? Crossing fingers for you that things are on the up and up??

Worrying about pressies you need doesn't help so a quick nip out is ok in my book x;)

Love and hugs

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    No thanks are necessary you daft 'aaporth. I have no idea how you manage as well as you do given the circumstances. As for me, well, I've had better days. :roll: At the least I can say it's been a smashing one :roll: as I have single-handedly destroyed a new jar of coffee, two pints of milk, two glasses and one mug. I've worn out the vacuum and the dustpan. And me. :sad:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Star2001
    Star2001 Member Posts: 96
    Options
    Sorry I missed this Julie. Just wanted to send you my best wishes and a (((hug)))

Star x
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi star dd toni ironic and mig

Thank you all for your hugs and wishes, I very m uch appreciate your kindness.

Oh blimey dd what a day you had. What a mess that would have been, no wonder you are now shattered.
    Now....if that had have been me I would have said a few strong words then just poured boiling water on the floor got on all fours (i wish) and lapped it up with mi tongue :lol:
    Drink and job done with one stone :grin:
    ........kidding, you know I am far too posh to do that :grin:
    Hope you don't suffer later for all the cleaning you had to do. Rest now.

Star thankyou for your hugs. :grin: Need them just now. A little bit deflated.

Toni thank you for poppin in. I am ok just a bit fed up with my stupidity.
    I have tried to think of everyone else (ie) visiting, buying and writing present and cards, organize other things all before the op and now I am paying for it. Sometimes I just wonder :???:

Ironic thank you for your vibes :grin: I really hope I don't need to go back to doc on friday, it is just so much hassle. :roll:
    I am trying my best to will it better.

Mig thank you too for poppin in :grin:
    :lol: yes I will keep taking the pills, what would we do without em :lol:
    Just hope they work.

Take care everyone and keep well

Love Juliepf x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Hi Julie,

Sorry I missed this too. :roll:

I hope you're resting well and that the pills are doing their work.

Thinking of you and sending more positive vibes.

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Anuva hug for you Julie

Hope you are doing ok and recovering.

as to your reference to licking stuff off the floor - how very uncouth :lol:

l know you wouldn't be so disgusting!!, but l could actually picture it!

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It did cross my mind, Julie, (just as when I dropped and smashed a full bottle of wine a few weeks ago :grin: ) but the glass was a factor in both cases. I stupidly replaced the two pinter of milk with a four pinter. I do wonder what I have for a brain at the moment - actually I don't, I know: not a lot. I think a plan is to get one pint, then top that up from the four pinter. Oh the changes we have to make!

I hope you are having a quiet day today and that you are up-to-date with the anti-bios. DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Oh Julie, I'm so sorry to hear that....hoep the anti biotics kick in quickly
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I've had a text: her plaster has turned a little red despite her resting all day. :sad: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Julie I am just popping in to send you more good healing vibes....and lots of hugs to go with them (((((())))) xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    Options
    dd thank you for updating the forum :grin:

Rich has just done a marvelous job of cleaning me up. By the time he came home the large dressing was full of blood. I hope this now means that it is starting to get better. It certainly does feel more comfortable. He will change the dressing again tomorrow morning and see if there is any improvement. If not I shall have to make an appointment at docs (if they are working).I am hoping that it can now start the healing process AGAIN :roll:
    Looks like bed rest again

.barbara and hileena Thankyou for your hugs
    You are so kind to think of me xxxx

Night Night everyone hope you sleep well

Love Juliepf xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw Rich is a little treasure, isn't he, Julie? Sounds horrid all that blood but pleased to hear that you are now feeling more comfortable and yes, it must start the healing now. No time to lose. Please do all the resting if that is what it takes. You have to be in that bed on the 16th.

Hope you sleep well, night night,

love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Julie

I've just caught up with this thread and I'm so sorry that you've been having such a tough time. I do hope that you will heal soon, and that your op will be able to go ahead as planned.

GetWellSoon-1.jpg

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    thinking of you Julie and sending o many hopes. love and a hug Cris xx