Juliepf is in trouble.

Options

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning everyone

I am just waiting to see if the surgery are working and if so will get rich to come home and take me down.
    It did bleed durung the night and now with another clean we can see the little hole where the fluid is flowing from. It is the same hole as usual, the one that I had the bursa removed from. (good job really otherwise I would be full of holes :shock: :lol: and would look soooo cheesy :lol: )

Anyway I can look on the brightside and think that what was causing my discomfort has now obviously burst probably with the help of the AB's and should now start to get better.
    I will keep you informed :smile:

Elna....you are so right my Rich is a little treasure. His nick name for a few years now has been Dr.Dick ......oooh writing that down looks rude but its not meant to be :lol:
    I hope you are well and yes I promise to rest up.

Hi Joan, thankyou for your well wishes and the lovely card.
    I hope you are well too.

Love Juliepf x

awww cris we just clashed :lol: as I was posting.
    Bless you for taking the time to think about me.
    Especially as you have so much to deal with yourself. You take good care and I hope today is an ok one for you. Jumping in your pocket right now.
    Love and hugs Julie xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    :lol::lol: You made me laugh, Julie, you mentioning Rich's nick name. Say no more. :wink::lol::lol:

Bless, you have not lost your sense of humour and you are looking on the brightside. We can all learn a few lessons from you.

I do hope you can get an appointment today.

Thinking of you, you brave girl,

Love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    Options
    morning elna :grin: glad i made you smile :grin: I try to keep cheerful.

HEY....MY SURGERY IS OPEN......YYYYEEEEYYYY

I have an appointment at 11.10

Love juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    That is good news: I wish you the very best and I will be there too, sitting on your lap. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,443
    Options
    Dr who??

p0110.gif

Julie

so glad you have an appointment at the docs lass.

Thinking of you

Love

toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am thinking of you.

t4427.gif

Woo-hoo! It worked!
  • julie47
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am thinking of you.

t4427.gif

Woo-hoo! It worked!

yeeeyyy dd you found your emotions again :grin: thank you for sending one to me :grin:
  • julie47
    Options
    Well I am home from the docs

TONI it may well have been dr Who or one of the daleks. :lol:

She wasn't even going to look at the wound until I insisted. :roll:
    Then all she said was keep taking the AB's and see how i goes.
    I asked if I could have had a few more to give me 10 days supply instead of just the 7 as I take longer to heal. But No.....Keep taking these and see how I go.

She asked me did I want a nurse to take a look.....I politely said, well with no disrespect to the nurses but they will only look and dress it with the dressings I am already using. I didn't see the point in waiting again especially as Rich had nipped out of work to take me and was due back.

So I guess I will just have to take it easy and let my body recover in its own time.

(It had just better hurry up) :x

Well thankyou all for reading my moan

Take care

and hopefully my next thread will be on the 16th saying.....I am IN :lol: and I am not budging till the neck/spine is done :lol:

love juliepf xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm a little peeved. Does that stupid doctor not realise just how awkward it is for you to get to the surgery? Grrrrrrrr. I am so sorry that you were not given any extra anti-bios as that seems like common sense to me, given the other meds you are taking. Right, let's try another piccy.

t4621.gif

Yippee!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    I'm peeved too. if it's not fully healed by Friday, Julie, I suggest you ring in for more antibiotics. Surely you won't need to go down again as they're now well aware of the situation. And, if it's actually worse, call her in.What are you supposed to do? Hop down?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hello dear Julie x:-D

How are things atm? Have the antibiotics worked ok and all systems go for the 16th? I really do hope so? The days are going too fast for me, with so much to do, it would seem and I wonder if they are for you too. I know you are very organised and have your tree up too but then you always do at the beginning of December don't you? x;) I have brought everything down from the loft and will probably decorate the tree this weekend. x:-)

Thinking of you,

Lots of love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • julie47
    Options
    Thankyou elna for asking :grin:

My stump still has the hole but that will be there for a while. As lomg as it doesnt ouze out anything I am hoping it will not make any difference to the surgeon.
    I am not going to put the leg back on until possibly next friday for the journey to the hospital, but, then again I may just take it with me for after the op.

I will admit to everyone that, I am feeling very weepy, scared and angry at the fact that this op is taking place so close to christmas. (silly I know as you can I suppose celebrate at a later date if needed)

I will ring them next week to ask if it is an evening op or the next day.
    sooooo this time next week, I will (fingers crossed) be on my journey to the hospital.. :???:

You may all have to help my Rich drag me to the car :lol: Then stand outside the Room door so that I can not escape :lol:

Love Juliepf xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No wonder the flutterbups are beginning - the clock is now ticking down in no uncertain fashion and of course the apprehension will be growing. You know we will be there in force, before, during and after: even if some of those around you may not fully grasp the seriousness of this I reckon we do. Would you also reassure R that we are there for him too? Well, I am!

It will all be fine my lovely pf, of that I am sure. DD
  • julie47
    Options
    Thankyou DD as always for your kind words of encouragement.

And thank you for being there for my Rich, it is so nice that you will be thinking of him too and I will pass on the message :smile:
    (can I say you send a hug too :lol: )

Love Juliepf x
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Julie
    Christmas is one of those times when we all want things to be perfect..so you will be tearful...just remember my love its is one day...I know you are probably having everyone saying this...but once you have had your surgery and you are home..the tree will still be there and all the decorations...and then they can all pamper you for your Christmas...and dont forget we will all be in your pocket...and we could bring some crackers and maybe a bottle or two of brandy...just medicinal.. :P
    Sending you loads of hugs and love ((((()))) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Aw dear Julie, if I were you, but it is easy for me to say, I would not wear the leg but take it with me. Just to be on the safe side. I know it is a real love/hate relationship going in for this particular op, isn't it and being so near christmas but I am sure they will not keep you in any longer than necessary because they do like to clear the wards/rooms as much as possible, don't they? At least there will be a bit of christmas spirit around the place at that time. x;) You will be home for christmas anyway. You are all uptodate so I hear so, try to stay calm. I think you will get into the car, because you cannot bear to go through all the waiting and yet another pre op. You have mermaid and me who have been through similar to help you through as much as we can.

Will pm soon, I have not read it yet.

Love

Elna x

• joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Julie

I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and I hope that everything will go well for you on the 16th. It was on that date two years ago that I had an operation on my knee, so I know how you feel about it being so near to Christmas, but it worked out fine for me and I'm sure it will for you too.

Flowers-ThinkingofYou.gif

Love from Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi Barbara, elna and Joan

A big Thankyou to you all for for thinking of me and with your kind words of encouragement (and brandy x;) x:lol: ) helping to settle my nerves. It is really nice to know that you are all right behind me.

Have a good weekend

Love Juliepf x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am thinking of you, very very much. DD
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    Oh Julie....I hope by now the antibiotics have worked.
    Rest assured...hospitals don't like keeping patients in at Christmas.
    I used to hate working Christmas day....especially when my children were young.

Anybody that can speak and eat....has some-one at home is usually thrown out.

I was thinking about holly for pocket duties....but NO....too prickly.

I will be there...in the meantime keep up the resting and me time.
    I will be thinking of you.((((()))))) May
  • mermaid
    mermaid Member Posts: 104
    Options
    Hi Julie

Hoping so much that your leg will keep clear of infection for the 16th and that the surgeon is happy to go ahead. You have so much to cope with and have been amazingly patient.

Of course you have the wobbles at this stage and yes Christmas is an emotional time anyway. Just hearing all the Christmas songs sets me off every time and if you have lots of other stuff going on its a recipe for the wobbles.

At least the 16th is a week before actual Christmas, so I'm sure you will soon be home with your loved ones and you have every excuse to sit back this year. I'm sure they will take good care of you in hospital and it is these days leading up to any op let alone a spinal op which are the worst. For me it was relief when D-day actually arrived.

Do hope you are getting some sleep as you will need to be as strong as you can be.

Take good care and I will be thinking of you very much next Friday,
    Love Lizx
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Julie I'm so, so sorry I'm late catching up with this :oops: I truly hope you are feeling a little better? that the antibiotics did their job and that all your good behaviour resting has been rewarded x:-D Nerves are completely understandable, but I have faith in you Julie, you can do this, surgery will be succesful and you'll be ok, positive thinking now. I've lit a healing candle for Cris, I will keep one lit for you too Julie. Love and gentle hugs to a lovely lady. ((((())))) Xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • elnafinn
    Options
    You are indeed a lovely person, dear Julie and you know that Liz and I shall be on hand, as old hands at similar ops if you know what I mean and with the support of so many of the forum, plus your family and other friends, you shall be whisked in, looked after excellently and whisked back home again in no time and still have a few days to gently potter about inbetween resting, before the real festivies begin. x:-D

I have carols/christmas music on and just finished decorating the tree. Present wrapping to be started now. I feel that I am getting there eventually. I know that you have already done these things. x;) x:-D

Lots of love and enjoy your last weekend before the op and next week, look forward to the next weekend, after the op.

Loads of love
    Elna x

• suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Julie, I will be in your pocket to give you some support. It is daunting to think of an op and natural to be apprehensive. I hope Rich doesn't mind the great crowd you are bringing with you!!!! :lol:

As for the antibiotics, my gp is good and will prescribe over the phone. I would stand my ground, and ask for it to be sorted via the phone. Ridiculous to make you attend the surgery. :eek: I hope you can get sorted.

Keep warm and having a nice realxing,restful weekend.
  • julie47
    Options
    To Dear DD,May,Liz,Poppy and Elna Thank you all for your good wishes and for thinking of me.

DD you really are a true friend and I thankyou so very much for your support and encouragement.

May thankyou for the reassurance that they will want me out as soon as possible. I will make sure I eat ,and well you all know that I can talk for england x:lol:

Liz thankyou for sharing your experiences with Elna and myself it really does help to know what to expect.
    I am sleeping okish....I have had a couple of good nights where I haven't dreamt or been restless.
    I will keep myself busy next week pottering around the house and tidying drawers that are already tidy x:lol:

Poppy a healing candle is such a lovely thought. Thankyou.
    I hope you are feeling much better, it is so nice of you to post when I know you haven't been well yourself. You take care.

Elna you are a real treasure and I thank you too for all of your support. You are always in my thoughts and knowing how well you recovered gives me hope and determination to followw suit.
    Lovely that you have started your christmas preparations, I always have xmas songs on while trimming thetree too, it really does get you in the christmas spirit.
    Good luck with the presents x:lol: sticky tape and scissors my worst enemy x:lol:

Take care everyone and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Corrrrr...just watched harry on strictly come dancing....my heart racing now x:lol:

Love Juliepf x

Suzy....we just bumped x:lol: Thankyou my lovely for yyour support.
    The ABs finished and hopefully fingers crossed it is doing well. It is me now that is being cautious.
    Rich is willing to carry a few in his pocket for me if mine get too full x:lol:
    Just make sure he buys you all a drink
    x;)