what has made you happy today

Options
lilac63
lilac63 Member Posts: 19
edited 12. Apr 2012, 16:31 in Community Chit-chat archive
feeding my beautiful 4 weeks old grandson, knowing that his warm safe and so loved

Comments

• bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    My beautiful nephew came over to see me to wish me a happy birthday, it was wonderful to see him as he had a bad head injury November last year and is still suffering with hurrendous headaches and is going through C.T scans & MRI scans to see what's causing them. He is only 11yrs old. He can't go to school full time or play like normal boys should at that age. But to see his beaming face & to feel his warm hug made me so happy, best birthday present ever!
  • georgie66
    georgie66 Member Posts: 403
    Options
    sun is shinning .
    going out this evening to see "Phantom of the Opera"
    looking forward to seeing it.
    got front row seats so i don't have to walk to far
    :)
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    the gas man came early :D I am normally the last in the queue

and I am going out for a meal tonight :D
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    lilac bubba and georgie all your posts made me happy :D
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    julie47 wrote:
    the gas man came early

Bless you, Julie, you're easily pleased. No wonder you're such a happy person :D Have a lovely meal tonight.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • georgie66
    Options
    ahh julie thanks for that.
  • smol
    smol Member Posts: 43
    Options
    helping my daughter make a lovely, very chocolatey cake for my hubbies birthday. Won't be eating any though, way too sickly!
    Sarah

‎"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do."- Edward Everett Hale
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You’re not even the only person on the forum who does, rehab. We’re about to change service providers and I’ve just set up a gmail account I don’t particularly want just to ensure I don’t temporarily end up without an email address if there are hiccups. How addicted is that? (Rhetorical question. Please don't attempt an answer.)
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    You’re not even the only person on the forum who does, rehab. We’re about to change service providers and I’ve just set up a gmail account I don’t particularly want just to ensure I don’t temporarily end up without an email address if there are hiccups. How addicted is that? (Rhetorical question. Please don't attempt an answer.)
    Thank God for that SW, I was pacing around like an expectant father, and constantly looking for the green flashing lights to activate......I really need to get a live! :D

I'm also like that!! My laptop is my life, my window to the world and my doorway to my friends so when it goes done I freak out and don't know what to do with myself!! I'm like a shopoholic on sales day waiting for the shop to open when I'm waiting for the green light to activate!!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    We should form a self-help group, ' The Greenlighters ' we could offer support to each other when our Internet goes down.........doh! By letter?

By mobile phone. I'm so hooked I've already arranged with my sons that, if it all goes wrong tomorrow (It's phone, broadband and digital TV) I'm contactable by mobile - their Dad's as I don't have one.)
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    couldn't live without my tinterweb :shock:
    My phone in general actually, I use it more than the computer as it's touch screen and easier to type. A little more awkward though. We have a real problem with our modem, it's constantly packing in and we have to go in the front room to unplug it and plug it back in.. :roll: It's very annoying when indoors add I use the wifi from the modem but when I'm outside I can use the phones own internet connection..
    Ramble ramble, sorry. I've been sooooooo doped up since monday I dunno what I'm talking about. And I'm exhausted and I'm a lot of pain so logging off. Bye for now folks :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Colin1
    Colin1 Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    I'm out of bed feeling a bit better and i lost a stone
    Colin
    WHEN GOD GIVES YOU LEMONS MAKE LEMONADE
  • georgie66
    Options
    good for you colin for loosing a stone..
    would do me good to do that..

i am happy to be having a good spell may it continue
  • Colin1
    Options
    Got a phone call from my big brother, ok he wants to borrow but hey he chose me to borrow off
    Colin
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    A big fat cheque has arrived in my bank account so I'm now busy spending some of it and our passports arrived today! I have already bought some much needed shelving units to store all our books c.d's, video's and dvd's.

I think I'll go somewhere nice and peaceful...... :D

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Lots of things! but mostly that the care agency I use has been in touch to let me know that from this week my favourite PA will be visiting regularly. I've had a bit of trouble since late December as my allocated helper had no enthusiasm for, well, helping. So a great burden has lifted!

That said, I suppose I should be grateful that the unwilling helper never turned up drunk, as one lady did last summer – but that's another story…
    Phoebe
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Colin1
    Options
    MyPoppy made me happy today wants to take me out for a meal to say thanks for taking her to work. She makes me happy just being my poppy and doesent need to take me out.
    Colin
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Colin1 wrote:
    MyPoppy made me happy today wants to take me out for a meal to say thanks for taking her to work. She makes me happy just being my poppy and doesent need to take me out.
    Colin

Aw, Colin, that is so good to read. It is the little things in life that mean so much to us, isn't it?

I am also very impressed with your determination to lose weight and it has paid off, hasn't it?

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • Colin1
    Options
    ONE STONE now Elna and i'm determind to keep it up, just wish i wasent starving all the time, LOL hope i get used to it soon
    Colin
  • elnafinn
    Options
    You are doing really well, Colin, and your family will be proud of you and you should give yourself a pat on the back too. It is very difficult to motivate oneself to lose weight and even more difficult to keep up that motivation especially if you cannot exercise. I am full of admiration. Instead of just talking about it, you have done something positive about it and are now reaping the benefits ......... even if you are "starving". :wink: :roll:

Keep on, keeping on. :D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • elnafinn
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    A big fat cheque has arrived in my bank account so I'm now busy spending some of it and our passports arrived today! I have already bought some much needed shelving units to store all our books c.d's, video's and dvd's. I think I'll go somewhere nice and peaceful...... :D Elizabeth

Elna likes this. :D:D

• elnafinn
    Options
    :D Just sold my Dr Martens for £29 inc P&P - had them in the cupboard for about 15 years and bought them in an Oxfam shop. Yay!

Elna x

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    :D Just sold my Dr Martens for £29 inc P&P - had them in the cupboard for about 15 years and bought them in an Oxfam shop. Yay!

Elna x

Well done Elna!

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elnafinn
    Options
    It is a glorious day weatherwise :D
    Did not have to wait more than 5 minutes for each of the four buses I had to catch today :D
    Not all good news at my 6 month post spinal op but was told my balance is better than before the op so that is a positive :D
    Made my wonderful, but serious consultant laugh :D
    Completed my Friday cleaning job so have pocket money in my purse :D
    Visited my 86 year old friend :D
    Lovely to be back home after being away since early this morning :D
    It is the weekend :D
    Fish and chips soon :D
    I have so much to be grateful and thank for :D
    YAY :D:D

Elna x

Hope you all have a good weekend :D

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    elnafinn wrote:
    It is a glorious day weatherwise :D
    Did not have to wait more than 5 minutes for each of the four buses I had to catch today :D
    Not all good news at my 6 month post spinal op but was told my balance is better than before the op so that is a positive :D
    Made my wonderful, but serious consultant laugh :D
    Completed my Friday cleaning job so have pocket money in my purse :D
    Visited my 86 year old friend :D
    Lovely to be back home after being away since early this morning :D
    It is the weekend :D
    Fish and chips soon :D
    I have so much to be grateful and thank for :D
    YAY :D:D

Elna x

Hope you all have a good weekend :D
    Elna I cant help but be happy after reading your post..
    Today I spent the morning at the garden centre...the sun was shinning the birds where singing away, and there were lots of Bumble Bees... :D:D
    Love
    Barbara