Hugs n luv for Skeizer

Options

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    (((((((()))))) these are for you my love...wish I could ease your pain....but we are all here for you xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • diamond
    diamond Member Posts: 396
    Options
    Thinking of you Chris at this sad time.xxxx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Sorry to hear your sad news hugs from joanne
    Joanne
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Dear Cris,

I'm so sorry to hear about Ben. I know how much all your animals mean to you. It's heartbreaking losing your companion. I'm sending you my love and will be thinking of you,

love Eileen (((((()))))) XXXXXX
  • freesia
    freesia Member Posts: 409
    Options
    SENDING you "A Huge BIG hug...!"
    so sorry for your loss of a beloved companion/pet...

Hugs
    freesia
    x
    hugs freesia xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    (((Cris))) you did the right thing however hard it was. Ben was loved by you and had a good life with you. Treasure the happy memories.

Love x
  • Puschinka
    Puschinka Member Posts: 176
    Options
    Dear Cris, my heart goes out to you.
    It's such a hard decision to make, but you made it because you love your dog and because you care and you knew he couldn't make that decision himself.
    He depended on you to know when the time was right... and as always, he knew he could trust you to make the right decision for him.
    My thoughts are with you, I know how much it hurts to lose a much loved pet.
    I'm sure he had a wonderful life in your care and he loved you unconditonally.
    You will never forget him and I hope all the lovely messages from your friends here go a little way towards coping with your loss.
    xx
    Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans.
  • Folara
    Folara Member Posts: 568
    Options
    Dear Cris, I am so so sorry. It's horrible losing one of your friends like that. I lost my best friend Daisy Dog last Easter and I still miss her greatly.

You have been a brilliant mum to your family of strays and waifs and if they could talk every single one would tell you they love you.

Big hugs sweety.

Fols x
  • ruby2
    ruby2 Member Posts: 423
    Options
    Cris
    Ben couldn't have had a better doggy life anywhere! surrounded by freedom and love.
    x
    Ruby
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Just PA'ing for our Cris she would like to thank you ALL so so much for all your kind words and thoughts , each and everyone she really appreciates it and is quite moved at the moment. she will pop in later,

Thank you All

We are all thinking of you Cris at this sad time You give so much love and care to your employers with a safe place to rest and get fed :D Gimps had a place to rest up and forget his past he would be grateful to you for that .

Luv n hugs Rose xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    cris today is a new day i know it will still be sad for you but we will be here for you when ever you need us val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    ((((())))). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Cris

Sending over stamina, comfort and love. Your wound is very raw but will gradually heal over time. Ben has a special place in your heart as each and every one of your animals have , both past and present.

Gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Oh you kind people.

I am so emotional just now and so all I can say is thank you all for your kindness and your care.

Ben was a difficult dog, he was majorily messed up but he came so far and all he got was my space and kindness and he became my shadow... can;t tell you how often I tripped over him even though he was a big collie. Well over knee high.

I originally talked to the vets cus he had a very bad day on wensday.... I had to bath him 3x actually and he was peeing everywhere as he moved etc (sorry tmi but I just have to tell someone)

It was hard work and then thursday morning I woke and smelt him again (he used to insist one sleeping beside the bed for the last year of his life).

I have trouble getting out of bed, I really do used gravity to get my feet down and the bed is raised to the point that as soon as the are I am actually standing if that makes sense? Anyway I got my feet down and narrowly missed a load of muck as well and I just thought I can't live with this....

So I talked to the vet. Ben was already on tramadol and on a good day he had a quality of life but on a bad one I know he didn't and to be honest nor did I with all the bending and cleaning up and the aggravation of the lumber.... I just have never put anything down for incontinence..... Its made me feel very guilty but....

Thankfully Thursday he fell over and couldn't get up so there was a back reason. I had already made the appointment though....

I didn't think he and I had really bonded but at the vets he showed he had.... It was a very hard choice as he was having a good day Friday..... The vet and I talked about trying other drugs for the incontinence but that left the arthritis and all that was left for that would have been daily injections and I know how much pain he had in his back cus he and I had the same problems.... he honestly was my future.... That scared me witless but also makes me know what I will want so I decided he would want the same....

I wish they could talk.....

I apologise for how long I have gone on and for how emotional it is I really do say sorry.

You know he had such a bad life before 12 but he loved every min here till the bad days ion the last month and that must become a comfort once I stop feeling so guilty....

Your messages have helped so much cus you understand and well I kinda feel I failed him but I didn't do the damage and he was too old to undo it all....

Bless him I miss him more than I knew I would but I don't miss the mess... guilt is such a stupid thing to have isn't it?!

Sorry but thank you all so much. Love and tea and really do thank you all. Cris xxx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Cris many many hugs do not feel guilty these things are never easy you let him have some good times and you gave him love and respect even in the hard times and he knew that , giving up for you is not in your nature but times like this you helped Ben in the only way possible , at some point in the future you will see the happy Ben in your mind and not the sad Ben ,love and hugs xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,954
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i know how hard it is when you have to let a animal go.
    there are so many people about who dont care for their animals it means nothing to them.
    i know you always do the best for all your animals.
    take care ((((((((cris))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Just sending you some more HUGS my dear friend (((((()))) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    I am so very sorry about your sad news Cris. Like many others, I know from experience how hard it is to make that awful, final decision, I genuinely believe that it was the only - and kindest - thing you could have done.

Thinking of you loads and sending love, ((()))s and gentle, healing deer nudges.

Tillyxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,483
    Options
    Cris

I can see Ben

Playing ball with Harry and my girls for hours in your fields :D

I think he is likely back there now having fun. He was an odd dog granted....never looked you in the eyes. 'Something' more than we know had happened there for sure, but bless him he really WAS happy with you :D

So glad you were able to lay him to rest before the worst of this rain and hope YOU will take today to rest too now.

Love and hugs from all of us here.

Toni xxx
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Cris so so sorry to hear of your loss my thoughts are with you right now, having two dogs I know how you must be feeling right now.
    Ben will always be with you in your memory and you gave him a happy care free life Cris and that's all he ever asked for from you, his passing will be eased with the passage of time and the memories of all the good times you both had will be a comfort in time I’m sure.
    Your life has been deeply enriched by him simply being by your side for so many years, dogs are such loyal and trusting friends they ask for little but give so much back, and even though he has gone it's still better to have had the chance to a have loved him and lost him rather than never having had his companionship at all, you were loyal and loving to him and he to you and that’s all he would have wanted from you. He will live on in your memories and dreams and maybe in time you’ll be able to look back at those days you had together and smile again.

Mell xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    ((((((())))))). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    adding my ((((())))) and love to the pile, along with a wish that you take things stedy for a while, and also be a bit kinder to yourself.

Wonky xxxx
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Can remember the feelings when we lost our dog many years ago.Sending hugs(((())))Mig
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Thinking of you Cris and hoping that the damp isn't affecting the bones too badly. x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Cris,

Sending a top up of hugs.