ONE WEEK TO GO Pocket duties required

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 12. Jul 2013, 05:53 in Living with Arthritis archive
Just one week to go now till my first THR... :shock: and have you seen the weather forecast for next week...high 20s you couldn't make it up... :roll: there I will be in my teddies all sweaty..hubby will have to hose me down in the garden...no shower for two weeks... :roll:
The good news we are going to wales for the weekend...a lovely B&B we have been to before with a lift...and a stunning sea view... :D
Tomorrow is my therapy session at the hospital.. I am Barbara and I am a ******* no they just show you how to do things and I have to take all my measurements...chair , bed, toilet , leg...
So put the date in your diary I have ordered extra beds for you all....and I will supply the mini fans xx
Love
Barbara

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I'll be there...in your pocket.

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Count me in. I will be there with the damp sponge, the magic spray so beloved of footie physios, a punkah wallah, peeled grapes and chilled Pimms. (That counts towards your five day thanks to the cucumber, apple, mint other goodies.) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Working on menu anything you really like ? Hope you have a good break.Mig
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    I'll be there too, hope your pockets are big....
    Best wishes Barbara(())
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks so much DD, Mig, Hileena and boomer...what would I do without you all......Tomorrow.they want me there just after 9...so I have my measurement ready...and I will see you all on the 10th.... :o brandy is permitted....
    Love to all of you xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Good luck Barbara

I will be there for you

take care
    Lily x
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Options
    I will be there for you too, Barbara. May it all go as well as it can and best wishes for your recovery. Enjoy your break away.

Susie
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    I'm available. Nervously excited for you!!xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I'll be there too, Barbara. Hope that everything goes well for you. x
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    Put me in your pocket I will be with you all the way
    Maria
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara,
    I hope the OT therapy session was helpful for you. I will be there for you next week, in fact I am at clinic on the 11th!! But I don`t think you will want me annoying you on the ward!! :lol:
    If you need a chat before the day PM me or text. Have a lovely weekend away xx
    NB
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    I'll be there Barbara, can I bag a bed by a window please. :D
    Thinking of you, ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Oh course I will be there with you Barbara, Mini fans and cooling spray at the ready! And you have that lovely weekend away in Wales to look forward to! Good luck with everything!!
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    I am in your pocket too, Barbara. Sorry this is a little late. I did try to get onto the forum last night but without success. It was obviously having a 'hissy fit'. Hope all goes well today. Beryl. (((())))
  • DebraKelly
    DebraKelly Member Posts: 398
    Options
    Will be there for you.
    My Dad has this done last year and he is much better for it.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    have you seen the weather forecast for next week...high 20s you couldn't make it up... :roll: there I will be in my teddies all sweaty..hubby will have to hose me down in the garden...no shower for two weeks... :roll:

Please may we have the video, Barbara :lol:

Not only will I be there but I promise you nothing will keep me away. You are one of the most supportive people on this forum and you more than deserve our support in return.

Will they allow all those extra beds though? If we have to double up, can I have one of the blokes, please :lol: :oops:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks Lily, Susie, Debbie, Megrose, Maria, NB, Numpty, bubba, Beryl, Debra and SW
    Well I have just got back..a man was taken poorly in the middle of the session so they had to lie him on a bed in another room, and then they sent for the paramedics....its not a accident and emergency hospital...so they took him to another one...
    Gosh that 90% terrifies me...it seemed worse when she did it...anyhow it was a big help...I will get there many do.... :o
    My hubby didnt come him...it was more me than him didnt think he had to..wait till he has to put the stocking on..me not him
    SW are you really sure you would want to watch... it will be X rated... :lol:
    See you all later and thanks for your support...
    NB you are very welcome to come and visit while you
    are there... :)
    xxxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,947
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    I will be there for you anything you want just say.
    I hope all went well today
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Yes...I had forgotten about the "passion killers" :lol:
    What a wonderful time we had ...Peter trying to put mine on NOT!!!! :wink:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am thinking of you, Barbara, very much. All will be well. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Options
    Glad you got on ok, Barbara. Am thinking of you and will be around for pocket/bed duties as required. Take care of yourself. Beryl. (((())))
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Barbara

Enjoy your weekend away. All will go well and if you are a tad sweaty should we get a heat-wave I am sure hubby will not care one jot! He will just be happy you are back home!

Lots of love and gentle hugs
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thanks you Elna DD Beryl, Joan,and Hileena for your kind words and support
    OH is dreading putting these stocking on...he has come clean he is scared of hurting the leg :) oh well I am sure he will get used...if anyone has any advice it will be appreciated..the OT said it was the only thing they hadn't come up with an easy way of doing them :?
    Looking forward to our weekend away but so much to do...changing beds round and what have you...
    love to all of you xxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,947
    Options
    Hello Barbara
    what time do you have to be there by on wed if its early you cannot always have breakfast if the op is the same day you go in.
    thinking of you.
    enjoy the weekend take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • kellerman
    kellerman Member Posts: 741
    Options
    I'll be with you in thought Barbara...after all I'm between 2 hospitals now so one more won't make much difference.
    Now...the passion killers. I always found them easier to put on other people with a bit of baby talc. I can't explain why but did try other things and nothing was as good as the talc.
    You take care...I'm sure everything will be fine. ((((((())))))) May