Selling Our House

Options

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Whats going on I typed a response and it said it had been submitted and to be viewed by a moderator...Has someone complained on here?
    Hi Elaine ,Yes I got the same my message didnt get printed right away said it had to be looked at first by a moderator ,dont think its anything to worry about but it did muddle me a bit .Marrianne x :?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Options
    HA! It's YOUR fault, Marrianne! YOU DID IT! YOU wrote the unwritable. YOU thought the unthinkable! You knocked a wall out to make a good WHAAAT?
    Oh oh, small wonder the guys in trenchcoats and dark glasses soon will knock at your front-door! :D
    By the way: why confused? Well, of course I'm used to the effect I have on ladies. But via the internet? That would be new :)
    PS: call if you need to get bailed out!
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Yes never mention kit ch en it goes strait to the moderators fault of all those companies trying to advertise
    I remember going to a viewing and as soon as we got there the daughter shouted you can't park there! I'm going out soon!
    Needless to say we told the sellers we would not be buying as their daughter was so rude! Plus I didn't like the house!
    Why do people bother with viewing if its just to nosey you can do that online
    Maria
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You can't get a feeling for the "genius loci" online!
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Maria

Oh heck that was a bit OTT! Mind you the first woman we had the serial viewer who was gawping at us like goldfish in a bowl and parked her pushbike right against my car, I felt like saying to her, SHIFT IT NOW!!!......We were really put off by the ones who sent messages through their daughter about early entry...

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Elaine, the well known Serial Viewers are put on a list so if they ring or came in to the office they where told in a kind way no you can't view the house! It's hard to say which are 'good' Estate Agent or a 'bad' one. Some are on commission for a wage and others are paid a wage. If your not happy with your estate agent if your on a 'no sale no charge' contract you can change without being charged a fee. You need an agent who when showing someone round your house is positive and points out things positive about the house. 'South-facing garden, secure garden, close to local school, separate Utility room..ect' that's the type of agent you want. Hope you get viewings booked for the weekend.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Bubba

Just typed a reply and it vanished!
    I think we have a rookie agent as nobody could do our viewings in first few weeks then this Nick comes along, a 50year old man, always wears a sports jacket and cream lambswool jumper (sorry)....Anyhow he is so quiet and softly spoken and just tells people "here is the kitchenette" he doesn't sell things and I feel he is new to the job. He simply doesn't inspire me or my parents with confidence that he is selling anything....We are on a no sale, no deal arrangment so we will maybe give it a few more weeks and change....Wojuld like genuine viewers...

Elainexx
  • marrianne
    Options
    Elaine ,guess Bubba is right a good estate agent is a wondrous thing ,we are thinking of trying to sell via tinternet ..but goodness knows who will decend ... :lol: Calaban... looked up my Shakespeare and think this is very appropriate to answer Elaines question on the noise next door ..."Be not afreared the isle is full of noises,Sounds and sweet Airs that give delight and hurt not....................NOW to my lot :lol: SOMETIMES A THOUSAND TWANGING INSTRUMENTS WILLHUM T MY EARS AND SOMETIMES ....VOICES WILL SCREAM AND SWEAR .........yes that lasts bits mine and its true .....Calaban ......and Maria ...the .K word will never pass my lips again .. :roll: :roll: :roll: ...Marrianne x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Dear Marrianne
    Can't you just take a bit of super-glue to fix the K on your keyboard once and forever? Nothing will be triggered if you type a harmless "itchen". So, when you knock out the wall, you simply will have a bigger itchen.
    Just put some music on when the visitors for your house show up. Something impressive. Like....Bruckner's te deum, for example. Or better even, something really nasty by Wagner. They will never know if there were any neighbours around.

Yes- Caliban's island. That's where audible silence should be found.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marianne

Oh right I see then they are quite a vocal family then? Oh dear unfortunately you are not supposed to hide this fact when selling but I suppose to some it wouldn't matter too much...
    Stop talking about kitchen Calliban :-)

Elainexx
  • Airwave!
    Airwave! Member Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Kitchen??????? ...... Oh dear have I been naughty???? I shall go and sit on the naughty (kitchen) step! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

The only way I'm leaving my house is in a box, I will not go through all that heartache for anything. Just instruct your estate agents to only allow prospective buyers with their own house on the market or cash in their pockets?

A friend is an estate agent, he says that if nothing else its always about money whether you sell or not.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    You have been naughty and you shall be punished..Ha!

Elainexx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Marrianne & Elaine, The majority of agents have their own internet site that they should put all houses for sale with them on, photo's & details of the property. And there is a site called 'Right Move' that has pretty much all properties around England that are for sale with agents on there. So if your Agent has an Internet site it should be on there as well as 'Right Move'.
    Is the Agent a new company or has it been going a while? As you could ask for another employee to do the viewings as you don't feel he's doing a good job of the viewings. Your the customer and your paying for them to sell your home and you don't feel your getting a good service. I know we asked for a new accompanied viewer when we sold our last home as we felt he wasn't doing a good job he just opened the door and let them walk around our home unaccompanied!! My old next door neighbour saw him at our door chatting on his mobile several times!!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Hi Bubba

Yes we are on right move and our estate agent has been established in the town for quite some time. We have decided that we will do the next viewing as we have no confidence in him but dad's not the sort of person to say that, if it were me I would but politely..I don't know if its us but the other woman who came first of all with the rookie to show him the house 1st time seemed brash and more or less told us to get out of the house, let them get on with it...I feel we could use some guidance as we are new to all this!

Elainexx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was not talking about cooking-corners. I was talking about itchens. Nothing wrong with that.

I tried nearly everything to sell my house. Agencies, ads in a couple of different countries, internet. It was really difficult to sell because of it's size and some other inconveniences. Finally I sold it on a fleemarket. No joke!
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Caliban

Oh heck don't say that how on earth do you sell it on a flee (flea) market? Do you mean an auction house? Was it so big or as small as a dwarf sized porch...

Elainexx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    when I decided to sell the house (with a very bleeding heart, indeed) I started to downsize and sold a lot of stuff on fleemarkets. And I always had a big photo of the property attached to the stall.
    No, it was not built for dwarves. It was (and still is, I hope) a rather biggish early 18th century affair and impossible to run without staff.
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Caliban or should I say Lord Caliban!! - (servants?)

Oh well as long as it sold in the end I don't suppose the way it did mattered?

Elainexx
  • marrianne
    Options
    Hi everyone ,Hope all is well with Mum and Dad Elaine,Apparently the property market is bucking the trend and on the up ,We are pretty desperate to move but my O/H is driving me mad with this mantra ...."You have to tell prospective purchasers of anything wrong with the property including bad neighbours" ...Surely not? ..I mean its a relative thing and he is just trying to wind me up surely but my sympathy really goes out to you because I really hate strangers tramping through my pride and joy sucking teeth and makeing mean comments cooked in a little galley ITCHEN for 20 years now they will be getting a huge space to open their takeaways I feel quite sad to be leaveing ... but have to downsize Caliban .. WAgner can be quite loud ...but when she starts NOTHING will help short of a steel band ... and the stuff that comes flying over the privet ...last weekend the contents of his knicker drawer.and a giant sausage uncooked :shock: ............Marrianne
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @Elainbadknee: Of course it mattered! No agency-fees to be paid! That would have been about 8% hereabouts. And yes- servants. Didn't have any. They've abolished slavery prematurely, in my opinion.
    Marrianne: You should put your "for sale" ads in heavy-metal magazines. There could be some charming hard rockers looking for property. My mother had the bad luck that one of the Hells Angels chieftains bought a property not far from hers. The other houses in her neighbourhood are currently bought by some very interesting and obviously well off russians with rather strange habits. Fortunately for her she doesn't hear that well anymore.
    How was the sausage, by the way?
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Our next door house was bought by a member of the Hells Angels. When they sold up the property was bought by the Church for the Vicar to live in.

I do wish viewers would keep their thoughts to themselves and stop criticizing a home owners pride and joy. After all they are going to put their own stamp on it.

Elaine I've only bought once and sold once. Buying was easy but selling was a case of leaving it to the agents as I kept forgetting and mentioning how small the property was. But it had a lovely Itchen in lime oak so we got a buyer quite quickly.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Caliban

Well yes the only time i saved money when selling a property was a local occupancy flat I could no longer afford to keep so I advertised it in a local paper. I had to of course pay solicitors fees too and as it was a LA property the profit was nil....

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    elizabeth

I do wish folk would consider others when selling/renting after all why leave a legacy like a noisy neighbour with someone else? I've never hated anyone I live near so can't imagine it....I did live about a deaf man in a council flat and it got to the stage where I had to watch Shamless as if I tried to listen to something else on TV it was like world war 2 soundwise to had to harmonise, I subsequently hated Shameless and still do...He also used to get up at 6.30am and put on the tv right away GRR!!! Deafness can be an advantage for that person (and I mean that in a kind way) but for anyone else it can be quite demanding to be near!

Elainexx
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    That's why I live where I live. Imposing noises may turn me into a very dangerous man. (Chainsaw) And I have TV-phobia. I simply can't stand them.
    Yes, selling your house can be a traumatizing experience.
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi
    I think if potential buyers ask what the neighbours are like you have to be honest luckily my buyers never asked about them so she got the neighbours she deserved
    I have lovely neighbours now we live in a quite village and the couple next door have become good friends luckily neither of us want to move and we are roughly the same age.
    First question I asked when buying our house and looking round at many I asked what are the neighbours like
    I hope you sell quickly
    Am I right in thinking you are heading up to Scotland?
    Maria :)