Selling Our House

Options
13»

Comments

• marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Guys,Feel so sad my lovely nieghours are just locating to Cornwall ,came up caught me in my onesy ..... grrr ,Thats one of the reason I am so desperate to move , :lol::lol: its come out all wrong
  • elainebadknee
    elainebadknee Bots Posts: 3,703
    Options
    Caliban

I have no problem with a bit of noise but my pet hates are hammer happy harry who is there at 07.30 on a weekend, or barbecuer's, they just get louder and it gets smokier!

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Maria

Our neighbours are all fine we speak have never fallen out, some don't speak but it's not cos we have done anything some are just like that...I would like to know if was near a serial noise maker too...Remember years ago a girl i was mates with her next door neighbour was okay but when he was on the you know what he played guitar very loudly for hours....She had to keep a log and eventually just slept with it as she was a carer and worked hard..It would have driven me round the wall..I just like people who are there to speak every now and then, not best buddies but nice folk!

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marianne

Weird twist today! Woman who viewed on saturday was in 10mins then said she didn't want to move, her daughter turned up today when i was at physion at 12. Said could she see the back garden (I knew the agent hadn't shown her mum the gardens) but she had no appointment. My dad took her round the garden and house just quickly complete with our clutter! Estate agents are baffled why she did this and it shouldn't have happened? Also we have viewers nest tuesday who have same name as ones who wanted early entry but they are from Cornwall, not Lincoln and not related?
    The mystery continues?

Elainexx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hi Elaine
    That's very strange
    A thought has just come to me viewing peoples houses is a great opportunity for would be burglars to case a house! Not sure if its been done just worth a thought
    We moved in to a detached house which is a blessing no noisy neighbours and my son who now plays guitar very load doesn't bother anyone and I don't mind I'm a rocker at heart
    I do hope you manage to sell and it all goes smoothly
    Maria :)
  • marrianne
    Options
    Oh Elaine ,what coincidence,But who would want to move from Cornwall to us up north ....Maria and everyone oh dear its difficult you get so unhappy want to move dont want to tell fibs ..but I really dont like next door one side .............Marrianne
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Maria

That's what I warned my dad about this morning as this woman only told us she was the viewer on saturday's daughter and it could be a group sussing out burglary prospects - it could happen...
    We want detached IF and WHEN we move but if not a nice semi will do us too..

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marianne

Well where I live is just as picturesque as Cornwall and Devon so don't get your point there, plus cost of living may be a bit cheaper further north.....Like said I don't hate anyone I live near.

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Latest update...
    The woman's daughter who came for an inpromptu visit yesterday the estate agents tried all day to get in touch with her mum. I got phone call about 4.30 yesterday bit barbled saying one of them couldn't manage the big garden they had but they were still not moving....????We then had a discussion (our family) was the older woman a bit wandered and done it off her own bat without telling daughter but then I thought the older woman was driving so ruled that out....We are bemused baffled and really just wanting a genuine viewer to no play silly mind games!

Elainexx
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Update on previous message..
    The older lady is signing her daughter's house over to her grandson and hence the daughter moving but now isn't moving (ARGH)! But what puzzles u is why did the 79year old woman who apparently has recently had operation for cancer do all the 5 viewings at weekend, if it wasn't for her to live in? The older woman was most apologetic about daughter's behaviour and thought our house was ideal but daughter said garden too small...
    We are sick to the back teeth of all these complications, bring uncomplicated folk who want a nice semi detached bungalow to live in....

Elainexx
  • marrianne
    Options
    Update on previous message..
    The older lady is signing her daughter's house over to her grandson and hence the daughter moving but now isn't moving (ARGH)! But what puzzles u is why did the 79year old woman who apparently has recently had operation for cancer do all the 5 viewings at weekend, if it wasn't for her to live in? The older woman was most apologetic about daughter's behaviour and thought our house was ideal but daughter said garden too small...
    We are sick to the back teeth of all these complications, bring uncomplicated folk who want a nice semi detached bungalow to live in....

Elainexx
    Elaine ,cannot offer much comfort for you and your Mum and Dad ,have it all to come absolutely dreading it ,Have you got more viewings at the weekend we did consider a part x new house ..but just cannot afford it good luck :) Marrianne x
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Marianne

No viewings this weekend, one on tuesday thank god. I don't see why people have to tell us all their complication we just want to sell our house? You may be luckier than us but right now it feels like someone is sending round the joke viewers, the ones other estate agemts have refused to deal with..

Elainexx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Options
    Hope you soon get sorted and can move soon
    Have you got a place already lined up?
    Maria :)
  • elainebadknee
    Options
    Maria

No we are selling first and then buying, till we can buy staying with sister temporarily..
    Another viewer today but kitchen too small - hello it has measurements in brochure, they thought they could extend?? Plus it got cancelled and then this morning call at 9.5 to say they got mixed up with someone same name (ones who wanted in our house 22 Nov) we were all in a panic and dad took helish burusitis...
    Its getting beyond a joke now!

Elainexx