Morning Toni and Lucy...
    Sending more positive hugs and love..(((((() xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Good wishes to Toni and Lucy and the family,Thinking its all going to be good news now and you will soon all be in your own beds again ((((()))))Marrianne xx
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    Love and positive thoughts to you both. Hoping (so much) that you will be home soon :) xx
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Kitten hugs to all.

kitten-hugs_zps2b0f9b3e.jpg

Love,
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    I really hope you get to go home this weekend. Even with the trips back and forth there is nothing like your own bed. Sending even more positive vibes your way. ((()))
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,953
    Options
    Hello Toni and Lucy
    I hope everything is going well and you will soon have good news about going home.
    take care both I hope everyone else is well.
    ((((((((Toni and Lucy))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    ((((()))))xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Ditto :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    So you'll be on the countdown to coming home now Lucy and Toni. Hope it passes quickly for you. Lucy, there will be more places at home to hide from the teachers.
    Christine
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello Toni and Lucy
    I hope everything is going well and you will soon hear when you can go home. take care all ((((((((Toni and Lucy))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Kitten hugs to all.

kitten-hugs_zps2b0f9b3e.jpg

Love,
    This reminds me so much of a photo of my sons when they were little. On the surface it does look as if the elder one is hugging his brother. I always suspected it was an attempted strangulation, though :lol:

Hello frog and Lucy. I hope it's been as OK a day as possible with no teachers to dodge.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Fingers crossed for you coming home very soon Toni and Lucy..then at least you can all be together.. :) sending more hugs and love...(((()))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • Catie
    Catie Member Posts: 362
    Options
    My fingers are crossed as well :)

Love to you both and hope Lucy isn't feeling too poorly after that double chemo. xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello everyone, earlier this evening I spoke directly with Frog; while it was very good to hear her voice for the first time in weeks the sheer unreality of their situation properly hit home. It shook me - and still does.

Our lovely Toni is struggling with the on-going unreality of it all (but of course she has not had the time, space or privacy to truly get-to-grips with it). What began as an enquiry about the effects of Lucy's 'new' epilepsy medication regime escalated (completely out of the blue) into this full-blown horror where the epilepsy was not the main force; it's not second fiddle, I reckon it's about fiftieth. :(

They are unlikely to make it home this week-end because Lucy's white blood cell count is far too low, so for the time being we are all as we were. The full time-scale for 'licking it' (as Frog put it) is two years so we are in for the long-haul. Understandably Toni is entirely focused on Lucy and her needs but she knows we are here and she appreciates all the support she is receiving. I can't type any more because I don't know what to say. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    Options
    Aww thanks so much DD I don't like to keep texting her..but like you say she knows we are all here for her and Lucy..I just can only imagine what Toni is feeling or going through .
    Sending her and Lucy more healing and positive hugs..just wish I could do more..((((((())))))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Thanks for the message.....It must have been good to hear her as opposed to text etc.
    I'm so sorry about the news that Lucy wont get back this weekend.
    I'm not quite clear Where is Toni in all this? I know she didn't leave Lucy's bedside for a log time but what's the situation now.?

Toni and Lucy....sending you a lot more (((((()))))) and a lot of prayers going your way as well

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Came in tonight hoping for good news but it looks like things will be taking a little longer. Hope they are not feeling too down about it. They will get there in the end. Sending some strength.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    Options
    Some more hugs for Toni and Lucy....I hope the bloods are better the next time they are tested....(((((()))))xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Toni has a pull-out bed right next to Lucy so yes, they have been together 24/7 but last night Lucy fancied some smoked salmon so off Frog went to buy some. This meant a brief escape to Sainsbriz (her satnav lady was very shouty :) ), the chance to see some of the real world and ' -phone a friend' .

Frog is bewildered. She's confidently using all the terminology and is very clued-up (typical of her, yes?) but is bewildered by the fact that this is happening to them. A very human response, methinks. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marrianne
    marrianne Member Posts: 1,161
    Options
    DD ,thankyou for keeping us in the loop You and Barbara and others are close to the girls and I am certain they take some strengh from that ,Yes its very up and down just now but continueing prayers and good wishes for Toni Lucy and family cant go amiss you just feel so helpless dont you ,look after your self to hugs (((()))Marrianne
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Thanks DD
    It must be such tough going for Toni as well as Lucy
    To be there 24/7 and not be with the rest of the family much.
    I bet she was glad to get a break.
    Thanks for the information
    ((((((((())))))) Toni....keep your chin up

Love
    Hileena
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I kind of knew it was going to be a long haul from seeing things on telly, it's really going to test Toni and her families resolve. At least she knows she has all of us here praying for Lucy, Toni, Paul and Charley. Your right once the realisation of what this all entails you are just lost for words. Especially when it is effecting someone of Lucy's age. I just hope Lucy's White Count rises soon so they can at least be home where they can relax a little around home comforts instead of stuck in a hospital where everything feels so clinical. Sending big (())'s to Toni and her family.
  • MrOptimist
    MrOptimist Member Posts: 175
    Options
    Toni, it is difficult to know exactly what to say, other than stay positive and keep fighting. It is disappointing that Lucy will be unable to return home this weekend, but not entirely unexpected. It's early days Toni, and the way in which any one of us responds to treatment is entirely different. Your medical team will be working hard to help Lucy, and I'm sure she will return home very soon :)
  • frogmella
    frogmella Member Posts: 1,111
    Options
    Ah, Toni, so sorry that Lucy's white blood cell count is down. I am sure you could both do with a night in your own beds. Two years is a long time, but we will all be right with you. I am sure you are bewildered and worn out. I am sorry I can't do more than send my best wishes. You know I am not far away if you need anything. ((()))
  • dachshund
    Options
    Hello Toni and Lucy
    I hope you get good news soon. thinking of you take care all.
    ((((((((Toni and Lucy))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx