Options
1115116117118119121»

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Aw thank you Barbara. :oops:

Made me cry writing it, but it's true and I hope they feel good about helping Lucy and how much they have done for us all here.

Take care now

Love

Toni xxx
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    What fabulous presents. Don't think you could have done better. And what you have written Toni has brought a tear to my eye too. Pass the tissues Barbara. Toni, I'll be thinking of Lucy tomorrow.xx
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh my darling girls. ((((((( ))))))) xxxxxxx

My darling and lovely Frog, Lucy and your family have lived through so much but the end is in sight, and it's a very good end too. Your gifts for the staff are kind and thoughtful but that is you all over, yes? I feel for the parents' who have lost their children to this ghastly disease but, for whatever reason, Lucy has triumphed. And in some style.

Your mettle has been challenged, challenged and challenged again but you have seen it through: I was fortunate to have a Mum like you and I live with that benefit every day. I reckon Lucy will too.

Enough already? :wink:
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Toni and Lucy
    I hope today was a happy day for everyone you have had so many sad day's,
    now you can all carry on from where you were when it all started when you were shopping in Primark.
    ((((((((good luck to you all))))))))
    take care
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh yes Primark Joan :)

Thank you everyone

th_20160425_124752.jpg

This was the last every chemo I may have already said it was the same type as the very first she had in Jan 2014.

I will thank you all properly tomorrow when I can see properly through the blurred vision of tears, but for now

SHE'S DONE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    ((((((( ))))))) xxxxxxx

s105.gif
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    What a magnificent achievement! And not only for Lucy. Well done frog, Mr Toad and all tadpoles :cheers:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Wow...the day has dawned.. k015.gifI say it again I am so very proud of you both..now you must be shattered all the emotions will hit home now..so you need a nice relaxing night..(())XX
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    Options
    Been thinking of you all day and been smiling and being teary since seeing Lucy's post on FB. Wow, it's over. Lucy, and you Toni and the rest of your family have been so brave. Love to you all. xxx

:cheers:
    Christine
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Fantastic news Toni and Lucy :sunny:
    The day has finally come....well done both off you
    Love
    Hileena
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Thank you all so much :)

I don't know what to say it's been an emotional day lots of memories....

I feel so very very lucky really

OOps! Off snivelling again :oops:
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Options
    Aw bless you Toni and Lucy, we are all so pleased for you both, so pleasing to see and hear the support from the general Forum Members they have given to you, Lucy and your lovely family. If you'll permit me to add our love and congratulations from all of our Moderating Team to you and your wonderful family...onwards and upwards.

Kind regards

AC Moderating Team xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options
    Hello Toni and Lucy
    you have all done so well. and it shows all other people who have the big C it can be done.
    (((((((( Good Luck To All Of You ))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Well the day finally came when Lucy finished her treatment for Leukaemia….an emotional day on Monday for us all thanking everyone at the QE and remembering kids and parents who weren’t so lucky.

I have spent a lot of time thinking and reminiscing, about what happened, which lead me to re-read parts of this thread.
    I found myself in floods of tears again and again reading our posts. It gives me a history of what actually happened in January 2014 and how shocking it all was for me, my family and my wonderful A/C friends – you lot!!!

Your unwavering support saw me through probably the darkest days of my life, your faith in Lucy’s ability to survive and mine to ensure she did.

There were many times when I didn’t think she would make it, that her poor frail body couldn’t take any more of the torture it was going through. You wonderful lot were there for me, to keep me going and I hope you will never need to find out for yourselves just how much you helped.

Here we are now over two years later and many of you still check-in regularly, (I can’t name everyone, but Joan Dachshund stands out :)  ), to see how Lucy is getting on. You have heard of her improvements and determination to get her life back. You were as proud as me when she began her hairdressing training in September.

No matter how hard I try I don’t have the words to thank you all
    Thank you to DD for starting this thread of course. She alerted you all to a forum member in trouble and I am so grateful for that because you all stepped up to the plate and did what the forum does best – helped another member in need. :D

So I have to THANK YOU, each and every one of you for every single post I owe you all a huge debt.

Finally to finish off I want to ‘let you all off the hook’ and say it’s probably a good time to close this thread. As you know Lucy has on-going health issues with her hip and shoulder, but if it’s ok with you all, my lovely friends I shall update anyone who is interested via the café thread?

p050.gif
    Lots and lots of love to everyone

From Toni and Lucy xxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Toni I am sure the others will say the same. but its was my pleasure to be here for you both..and to go on the journey with you...so glad it has ended well..I do wish Lucy well with her ops to come and I'm sure that she will face them has she faced cancer..bless both of you..sorry I know you said the thread was closething..now Im posting.. :oops: (())XX
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    Options
    I'm sure you will all be going through a few different emotions still. I, like Barbara and I'm sure the others, was honoured to come with you through your journey. albeit along a side road. All my best wishes to Lucy for her future ops. She will get through them with the strength she has shown over the last 2 years. Love to you all. xxx
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Where else would we have been apart from by your side? You have helped so many people on here and so when it was your turn to need encouragement and support we responded in kind and always will.

You, Lucy and your family have lived through the most challenging twenty nine months anyone could face but here you are, out the other side and thriving. Life is returning to normal and that is the greatest gift anyone can have. We all wish you very well indeed.

Here endeth the thread. DD
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    I know I haven't been posting much but I have been following and I don't often know what to say. I want to say that you are an amazing, inspirational family but I hope it doesn't sound like a meaningless platitude because it comes from the heart. Xx
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Starburst wrote:
    I know I haven't been posting much but I have been following and I don't often know what to say. I want to say that you are an amazing, inspirational family but I hope it doesn't sound like a meaningless platitude because it comes from the heart. Xx

Thank you so much Sophie for your very, very kind words. I know you have been following and that you don't post much in general so it means a lot.

Also coming from someone like yourself - a strong and determined woman - extra humbling :) :oops:

Love

Toni xxx