how quickly life can change.

Options

Comments

• Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I think it would be very good for his bruising, etc if he went out and lay in the snow for awhile.......arrrgh.... a terrible patient!!! He is on day 7, I am on year 8 :roll:
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Anna,

Well done for coping so well so far. I can't imagine the difficulties you must be experiencing together, so all I can do is add my voice to all the others expressing hope that things ease soon :)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    Options
    Oh Anna, how awful (((((Hugs)))))

That is a phone call we all dread, I bet ure heart stopped for a few beats :(
    Thank the Lord he's home & recovering nicely.

I'm quite sure kicking him out into the snow would aid his bruises & any swelling ... Healthy people have no idea, do they? :lol::wink:

I hope ure managing ok & pacing as much as you can?! I'm sending you both healing vibes wrapped in much cotton wool. ((((U both)))))

Xxx xxX
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,940
    Options
    Hello Anna
    please take care (((((((( Anna and OH ))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    Options
    Haven't got round to posting I realise sorry, but have been reading & hope you are coping with it all.. no wonder you are counting yourselves lucky, given the terrifying potential of the old motor vehicle to do us breakable humans harm. Very glad things are no worse.. as others have said, ah the Holy Grail of 'the thing from which you will get better' .. but seriously, a very nasty jolt to you both and a very scary experience. :( You are being a trooper by the sounds, all the best, one day at a time & all that.

Keep that snow over there will you? :wink:
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your hugs and well wishes. Will try to keep the snow over here....

Pacing? what's that? I forget.

We did hear from the doctor that he has pretty severe OA in his spine, so I don't think the crash will have done that any good. Perhaps he will find his own way to the forum :D . Honestly, hoping that heals as I don't think two patients at home long-term is a good idea :shock: . We will be at the next olympics as champions in the sport of spousal bickering :lol::lol:

Fingers are crossed (XXX) though that he recovers. He is fit and healthy overall, so maybe all will be well :?:

The concussion is not very nice, poor fellow but he's managing his own pain meds now and seems to be getting the method and timing for taking these. Strangely, my compassion for him seems to allow me some distance from my own pain, which is being stubborn and resisting the usual effects of the 'dullers'. Pain, shmain; it's a tiresome beast. To be able to heal though; I am envious.

It is puzzling that he continues to improve by doing more, while I worsen by doing more. He asked me how I lived like this day after day...No choice and lots of practice.

Anna
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    And a great deal of courage to boot Anna! :roll:
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello to the hurty Boomers, I hope things are improving for him and not deteriorating for you. My arm is healing - compared to the rest of me that is an odd experience. :? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    I've not been here much, Anna, but you've both been very much in my thoughts. I hope the improvement continues, at least for one of you :roll:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Same here Anna hope things are improving for you both.............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Anna, fingers crossed your improvement stays and carries on for both of you. Have a good (as you can) weekend. Take care sending you a soft (()) .
  • dibdab
    dibdab Member Posts: 1,498
    Options
    Hope that you are both doing okay, take care.

Deb x
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Oh you poor thing. I hope he makes a quick recovery.

Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Hope things are getting a bit easier for you both Anna, I am glad to see you still have your great sense of humour (((()))) xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Thank you to everyone so very much.

Well, OH is not healing so well. Firstly, he's an invincible (hah!) tough guy (hah x2!) whose last real injury was in his twenties. Now he's 52, stressed and tired. Need I say more. I feel somewhat responsible in the larger sense because he has to work so much harder because of my problems :cry: = more stress.

He had some stitches out the other day and the wound promptly flopped open..... :?: Not sure what is going on there but I am sure he's been trying to do too much.

Now his knee is swelling and uncomfortable, I could say I warned him this could happen, but I won't. He really was hoping, as most of us do when we are young and healthy, that he would bounce back from these things and quickly be fine again. I have no claim to be knowledgeable here except that I've had this long excursion into PsA pain and suffering and all potential healing is suspect to me. Now that's not going to happen to him but I think he's realising his injuries may affect him more than he thought. His head hurts and his back and.......

In two days he is leaving to stay for a month at his family home. His mum died at Christmas, so this was a pre-accident organised trip. He will be in the care of his three sisters and I will be here. I'm not looking forward to this but it must be done and, his sisters will take good care of him.

I have finished my short course of prednisone and have returned to my more usual state, with a few more hurty zones. Oh well, I don't seem to have gone into an ugly flare, so all is positive so far.

We still have a thick blanket of snow. It can melt anytime.

Kind regards to all. Thank you for reading.
    xxAnna
  • toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,149
    Options
    Oh that is not the best of timing for you both, that OH is going away with so little margin for some more recuperation.. :( of course he will want to go but it's quite an added obstacle for you both to contend with & you're bound to have more than a twinge of anxiety about his being away. Three cheers for sisters & hope it all goes well; hope too that your PsA keeps well at bay. All the best. x
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Thanks Toady. I am nervous about being by myself and it's awful timing. Hopefully my symptoms behave; I was having some new problems with my ear and progressed to vertigo and headaches pre-prednisone.

PS. Yes three cheers for sisters, and I have three terrific SILs.
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    Options
    Hi Anna,

I'm just flying in to wish you well :>)

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Thanks, Flying-Phee, and thanks for the smile too :D
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Boomer13 wrote:
    He really was hoping, as most of us do when we are young and healthy, that he would bounce back from these things and quickly be fine again.

He's a bloke, Anna. In their heads, no mater what the state of their bodies, they remain 'young and healthy'. I've just been talking to a dear old friend, a lifelong sportsman who always looks in the peak of health even at 80. He still can't get over how long it's taking him to recover from almost dying after a major op :roll:

Yes, being with his sisters will give Mr B a lift and a helpful holiday. Now then, what about you? Remember we are here whatever, useless as we are with the physical stuff but always ready to sympathise and empathise.
    Steven Wright
  • Mat48
    Mat48 Member Posts: 1,075
    Options
    Anna - once again apologies for not being here for you. I won't bore with excuses - just to say that I think it might actually turn out to be be better than you imagine/ anticipate having you husband away being cared for by his sisters. It will take the responsibility of being carer off you to a great extent and, with him so slow to mend it might be that you're both too stressed out by each other's lack of wellness to actually take some proper rest?

Sorry if I'm totally wrong about this. You know my mantra about making lemonade and it may be inappropriate in this context - but as it's going to happen anyway I'm hoping your dread proves to be misplaced. I know always get in such a stew when my amazingly domestic husband goes away so I do know exactly how you must be feeling - especially now off the Pred and facing the usual uncertainty over your own health - never mind his. Hugs, Mat xx
    If you get lemons, make lemonade
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello Anna, how are you? I agree with Mat, it is a blow that he's not around but surely it will take some pressure off you, which in turn means you can do what you need to help you. You have been doing a great deal lately in nursing him so now it's your turn, yes? Take care, I hope the snow is disappearing and that he'll be back soon. DD
  • Boomer13
    Options
    Yes, he is gone :shock: but my joints and back are saying yahoo! I'm facing up to the reality of my overdoing things while under the influence of prednisone :shock:. Anyway, now I can rest.

I've just received my latest bloodwork and my liver seems to be protesting against the strain of three DMARDs. I was getting used to injecting myself with mtx and, while overall it doesn't work well for me, I think it works enough that I don't want to revisit a time that I remember before mtx.....or any of my DMARDS. Icky thought.

Mr. is gone for a month so I'm really hoping there will be no drug-regime deletions until he gets back.

I will revisit my old ear-problem thread soon as I have a ENT appointment on Monday and I have this idea that the minor surgical procedure he told me about last visit might happen then and there :shock: Prednisone only worked partially for the ear problem but the big dose was great, if only temporarily, on the joints and fatigue this time :D

Thank you for checking in on me, I really appreciate everyone's messages.
    Anna
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    He's gone for a month? Crikey! Oh hon, that is a long time (sorry, you don't need me to tell you that, do you? :oops: ) so do you have any friends you can call upon in case of need? We're here of course but somewhat useless at being able to do anything practical. It is very easy to over-do things when taking pred because it deceives us into thinking things are better so yes, rest up now for a few days. It's dull but necessary. DD
  • stickywicket
    Options
    You are up against in on several fronts, Anna. I'm afraid I have no words of advice but I'm thinking of you very much.
    Steven Wright