PROBLEMS AT HOME [NORTHERN IRELAND ] NOW.

Options

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I wish I could go through hospital reports etc and be there to ask more questions that my brother might not think of asking.
    But being in the North East its not easy.......I have been in touch with a nurse who lives next door to my mam.....she isn't her nurse but a very good neighbour. Things like....she told my brother if they ring and say she is ready come and get her DONT
    Get me first...I want to make sure she has a full care package in place before she gets home. Just things like that
    I sent her a thank you card....she probably got it yesterday so it would be nice to have a word with her.
    Hoping to hear from her sometime
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    This is a difficult time for everyone involved, I am thinking of you very much. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks DD
    I'll post if there is anything new....He is going this afternoon

Love
    Hileena
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Well the telephone call from Billy today........He went this afternoon and she was sound asleep. He tried to gently wake her and couldn't, then spoke right into her face to try and waken her.
    I knew they had taken her of co-codamol and paracetamol....constipating.....tell us something we don't know :lol: She cant have anti inflammatories because she takes warfarin so apparently they had put a morphine patch on her.
    They think that's why she was so sound asleep :o
    As far as he knows they were removing it....what they are going to replace it with I don't know
    She is back on the drip again because she is dehydrated again.
    He rang the hospital at evening visiting. They said he could come but she was sleeping and they didn't think it worth it.
    She had been awake for a short time after he left.
    Doesn't sound very hopeful does it?
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Aw, Hileena, my heart goes out to you, especially reading your last sentence in your post. I have been through this so many times during the past few years of my mums life when she was in hospital. Many a time, every day was totally different. I would leave feeling so despondent, sad and unhappy after some visits to return the next day and she was a different person. It never ceased to astound me how she could look so incredibly unwell and weak one day or so sleepy and not at all the next. Tomorrow could well be a better day for her.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Thinking of you, Hileena. I hope today is a better one.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    I'm thinking of you Hileena at this time, to be honest with you I think your mom would be better off in a nursing home, Our nan (OH's Nan) is in a nursing home after taking a bad tumble down the stairs at her home and badly breaking her hip. And she is loving it! She gets her hair done, she gets 3 good meals and she even has her own comfortable room with a telly in and bathroom. She is 93 and she was in hospital after being very poorly but she was discharged from hospital yesterday and from the text I got she couldn't wait to get back to the nursing home so it must be good! I hope something can be sorted so your mom, brother and yourself will get piece of mind and you know your mom will be safe. Take care.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Thinking about you Hileena and hope that things get sorted out very soon for your mum Billy and you...x
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Everyone
    Thanks for all your replies.....I range the hospital myself today...{Billy is going in tonight so will ring me then} You know what men are like.....especially ones that have nothing wrong with them :lol: they find out nothing.
    So I spoke to her nurse.
    Her comments were that she had been drowsy all day.
    They did a brain scan and found nothing......I said .."did you find the brain"? she laughed and said yes but we found nothing different from her last brain scan
    We have done a chest scan and are waiting for the results of that.
    I asked about painkillers
    She said she is on paracetamol IV {morphine patch has been stopped}
    She has a low grade temperature
    She is back on the drip.
    I'll see if Billy has anything extra to add when he rings tonight
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Hileena

You received quite a bit of information about your mam's treatment over the phone. I appreciate it does make a difference whom one speaks to. Staff are for obvious reasons very careful what they say over the phone as they cannot be sure that you are who you say you are, if you know what I mean. I had one of my mums friends going in to the ward and saying she was my sister-in-law and laying down the law. This came to light one time I was there and a nurse mentioned my SIL and what she had said and I was momentarily in shock as no SIL of mine would be visiting and telling staff how to treat my mum. I was so incensed.From a description of this person and her manner I knew exactly who it was and she soon heard from me.

It is very difficult not to get good information when next of kin live far away from the hospital.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Elna
    You are right but this nurse was lovey....sister to be exact
    Billy rang me later but there was no point in posting because he had nothing new to tell me....in fact he didn't know she had had a brain scan ???? See what I mean about men :lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Thinking about you Hileena. ((()))

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    She is still in the right place, Hileena, and at her age the drowsiness is to be expected maybe? I'm pretty drowsy today, a combination of heat, arthritis and little bit of stress. Your mum has had a very stressful time of late, yes? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Glad you got to speak to them Hileena..and hopefully you will all know something soon..one thing for sure she will need nursing care and that will be be hard in her home...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I'm more than a little drowsy :lol: this heat is getting to me, the arthritis and the fracture.....plus up and down stairs trying to get the caravan packed for holiday.
    Billy rang me this morning.....he rang the hospital and she is awake and more alert and they are going to try and get her up for a short time this afternoon.
    He is going in this afternoon so presumably I'll here later this evening
    Love
    Hileena
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Hi Helena
    Sorry to hear about your mum, my mum was in hospital there for a while as i found her on the floor, now she is back to herself but the heat is not good for her.. I know what you are going through its hard.
    Sounds like you are getting good info from the nurses, My mum started to hide her tablets and it has been hard when she was in hospital, but the nurses were very good.
    I am sending you hugs from me cause it is very hard to cope with and the medical problems and stress too. hugs hugs hugs
    I am from northern ireland too, It was the Antrim hospital my mum was in and they were very good. I feel that you need a break myabe try to get away for a few hours to switch off i know its hard to do but it will help you .
    more hugs
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks for the ((())))) My mam is in Dundonald Hospital ...the only thing is I'm in Newcastle.....North East England NOT Co Down LOL. So I'm relying on my brothers phone calls and the occasional phone call I make to the hospital.
    This heat cant be good for any old people {I'm 68 LOL} my mam is 91
    Hope your mam keeps OK
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi hun. I am sorry but I have only just seen this.
    I really hope that your mum is ok and that a good resolution is found soon.
    It is awful when a parent is ill and some distance away.
    I'm sending a whole heap of Yorkshire Blokey Hugs for you and some more gentle ones for your mum.

xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Tony
    Thanks for the hugs ......will pass them on {the gentle ones} to my mam :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Not a problem... :D
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Got a call from my brother.....I think I said he had rung the hospital this morning and she was awake and appeared much brighter. He went up this afternoon and she was sleeping but did waken up and talk to him {very quietly} but then went to sleep again.....woke again and talked and went back to sleep again :shock:
    He went up tonight again and she was sleeping and wasn't going to waken....so he talked to the nurse who said there was a big change in her since she came into hospital{a week ago today} When she came in she was sitting in a chair and talking to nurses and physios but now they say although they cant find out whats wrong there is a big change {for the worse} in her
    Looks like I might suddenly have to fly over in the middle of our holiday.....don't mind that except I'll be on my own if that happens.....We will have the caravan down at Peterborough.
    I'm jumping ahead of myself.
    Sorry for all this
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Don't dare apologise, Hileena. This is a very tough time for you and, if it helps to think aloud on here, you must do that. I hope the news gets better but we're here whatever. ((()))
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Sticky
    It just sounds so selfish.......if I was at home we could drive from Newcastle to Scotland and get the boat over or I could fly over and Peter could drive to Scotland on his own and come over......at least I would have support. Peterborough with a caravan......not so easy. So starting to think about packing a new lot of meds I got today just incase.....not just enough for a week. How selfish does that sound. I'm a worrier.....I know worry does not help but that makes no difference to me...I still worry {not just about big things like this.}
    I'll be offline from Fri night until the following Friday
    Thanks for listening
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Not at all selfish. Just practical and thinking in advance how to deal with a potentially very difficult situation.

You may be offline but we shall be thinking of you.
    Steven Wright
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    Just read the posts glad you mums feeling better. I thought you were in northern Ireland but Dindonald a good hospital. Lots of hugs take care