PROBLEMS AT HOME [NORTHERN IRELAND ] NOW.

Options
13»

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh dear, oh Hileena, I think it best to be prepared for the worst - any shock to the system when over 90 has a huge impact - she is being cared for and that is a good thing. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi
    After the call I got last night from Billy and from Angela {nurse/neighbour} I was fairly certain as were they that she was on her way out.
    This morning I was trying to pack the caravan, moping, worrying etc and want to burst into tears every now and then. {self pity isn't a bad thing now and then}
    Peter said early this afternoon I prescribe out for coffee and cream cake
    We came back and there was a message from Billy
    I rang him back not sure what I was going to hear.
    He said.....Its amazing
    "I was up at the hospital and she is sitting up in the chair and she spent visiting time chatting to me quite normally. She asked about Suzy {dog} at the end she said send Eileen and Peter my love "
    Up until now she has hardly recognised Billy when he has gone in.
    Oh yes.....half way through the conversation she said {quite sensible} "I'm bored in here. She is so used to pottering about her own house even though she cant do much
    Well that's the latest news....certainly better
    They are keeping her on the drip and on paracetamol IV and antibiotics IV until Mon at least and then have another think about it
    Love
    Hileena
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    That's great news. Hopefully they will find out what caused it. My mum was confused, weak when she was in hospital they said it was a urinary infection. She is great now
    Relax now
    Here is some hugs
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks for the hugs.....I'm a bit more relaxed about going away for a week now

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    That is such better news hun.. I am really happy reading this..

more YBHs for all concerned..

xxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Options
    Do you think the YBH's did it :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    So pleased that your mum is much better, Hileena. I hope she continues to improve.

Meg
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Hileena

So happy for you and your brother. What did I say earlier? This happened to my mum so often on her numerous stays in hospital over a few years and from being so very poorly when I visited to the next day being totally different, sometimes beyond belief that someone who had been so ill and grey looking could be sat up really perky and chatty. I would not have believed it could happen if I had never seen what transformation there can be in 24 hours.

Enjoy your time away and try to relax.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thank you both
    You were right Elna......and even if it doesn't last I'm going away a bit happier.....except the thought of a basic caravan at night withOA scoliosis and OP and a fracture.....I'm going around collecting them :lol:
    Thank goodness for mobiles......Billy will keep in touch by mobile {caravan isn't much good for receiving calls :lol: }
    So I'll take it one day at a time now
    Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Do you think the YBH's did it :lol:

Love
    Hileena

Why of course.. did you not know the healing powers of a Yorkshire Blokey Hug?? :lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Glad your mum seems to be a lot better Hileena, you go and enjoy your holiday we will be here when you come back and will catch up with your news..........................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    I'm just trying to catch up with all the posts {on all sites LOL}
    Got back tonight......Billy has kept in touch all week.
    She seemed to be improving but not able to use her right foot.
    They discovered she had a chest infection as well.
    Anyway apparently the doc came along and said you are ready to go home {that was today} in other words we've cleared the infection so it doesn't matter that you cant walk and your right foot is sore and you are 91 :shock:
    So there was a bit of a row kicked up.....The result of that is she is going to an in between place is all I can describe it as.
    I'm going to look it up shortly......apparently its a place where they do physiotherapy with you and other things and then decide whether you are fit to go home or whether you go to a nursing home. She's just waiting for a date to go but if the hospital {any hospital} have anything to do with it she will be out as soon as possible.
    Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Glad you got back safe and sound Hileena
    Honestly they know what your mam needs , but they try and do what is easiest for them, I do hope it all gets sorted out, and they can find somewhere lovely and safe for you mam.
    Not a clue what this half way place is but at least they will have to make sure she is safe to go home and we all know the answer..hope you got some sleep last night after your journey...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena and Barbara

I am not sure what these places are called - like a stepping stone from hospital to home for the elderly but my mum went back and forth from one to the other in the end (unfortunately she never got home). There are nurses and physios there. It is like a rehabilitation centre - perhaps that is the right phraseology. If you mam gets unwell at all ie infection or whatever, whilst in Rehab she will be taken back to the hospital as there is no medical equipment as such there. They are given their meds, BP and temp taken, things like that and wear their day clothes in the day. That kind of thing. Then there are the little tests, like making a cuppa, you probably know the drill!

I do hope a place becomes available soon if she is well enough to leave the hospital.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi
    Thanks Barbara and Elna
    Just pm'd you before I saw this Barbara
    Elna ...I think it is called a rehabilitation centre.......rehab......a druggie :lol::lol::lol:
    But seriously its the best thing for her. She's fed up in hospital ...That's a good sign :wink: didn't know where she was at one time.
    It might help her foot which wont work now.....nothing wrong with it before. So physiotherapy and we'll see what else.
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena

Strange nothing was wrong with your mam's foot before she was admitted but she cannot walk on it now. Dare I say it? Manhandling in the hospital ?

My humble suggestion would be for you or your brother to request that your mam's foot be xrayed.

Elna x

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    I hope she likes it and that it helps her, Hileena. I also hope you managed as good a holiday as possible under the circumstances.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Elna and Sticky
    Thanks for your replies.
    Apparently she is being ignored now...except for the basics
    Because she is being moved....when not sure but certainly not over the weekend they seem to think their job is finished now.
    I'm not sure that he would get anywhere asking for an x ray now :shock:
    They aren't even helping her walk a little during the day.
    They do get her out of bed and that's it.

Billy is very quiet and mild mannered but I think when its needed he can be firm. He worked all his life for the DWP. A lot of his job was chasing people who were fiddling the system. Appearing in court to give evidence against them etc.
    Don't think you could do that job if you didn't have a thick skin
    We'll see what happens after the weekend.
    Love
    Hileena
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Hi Hileena

That is one of the problems with the weekends when in hospital, it is only skeleton staff and things practically come to a standstill. Hopefully on Monday your mam will get more care, like getting her to sit in a chair and perhaps physio may start..... Can your mam put any weight at all on the foot?

Elna x

• hileena111
    Options
    Hi Elna
    I don't think she can put much weight on the foot at al

We'll see what Monday brings

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hope all goes well for your mum tomorrow and they can get something done about her foot. More YBH'S for her and yourself.
    Xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Options
    Thanks Tony......I will post if there is anymore news. Billy will ring tonight but I don't expect to hear anything different until Monday
    Love
    Hileena