Stuff hurts.

Options
dreamdaisy
dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
edited 31. Jul 2014, 03:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
I know it's not newsworthy but it does and I am tired, so very tired. The heat is oppressive (as is my PsA). I've cleaned as much as I can today because it was needed . . . I am thankful that my ear lobes, eyelashes, eyebrows and nails are pain-free. :) That has to be a result of some sort. :|

Sometimes it's too hard to find the positives, let alone appreciate them. This is one of those times.

I've had enough. Hey-ho, no matter, tomorrow will arrive and the dross will continue because that is what it does. I suspect I would have enjoyed a dross-free life but wasn't given the chance, thanks to the genetic gifts innocently donated by Ma and Pa. It's much harder work to enjoy a dross-ridden existence and I am tired of trying. Oh diddums, DD, shape up. :wink:
Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben

Comments

• Sharon2960
    Sharon2960 Member Posts: 329
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're not feeling so good - you're always so helpful to everyone on here. Really hope you get a good nights kip, and tomorrow's a better day for you. It's not like you to have a moan, but it does us all good to let it out sometimes, so moan away!
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    (((()))) Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    You have so much going on at the moment with your house of workmen as wel as the heat to contend with I'm not surprised it's all getting on top of you. Having work done to your house, however welcome the end results is stressful as you never feel your house is really your own.

You are always there for the rest of us when we have our moans. We are here for you. Moan to us as much as you need to. That's what we're here for.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • tenbury
    tenbury Member Posts: 52
    Options
    Nothing wrong with having a moan DD, we have plenty to moan about, hope you feel better tomorrow, the heat is so relentless and it does get you down...
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    You moan away. We're hear to listen. Wish we could make you feel better.
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate your replies and kindness. Tonight proved to be a doozy ( not on the pain front) so I know I'm destined for a more sleepless night than usual. I don't enjoy moaning because it doesn't help but every now and again the PoSP can be a peaceful place. ( For newbies that means the Pool of Self Pity.) The strain and personal responsibilities of the past twenty one months is finally coming home to roost. :( DD
  • Numptydumpty
    Numptydumpty Member Posts: 6,417
    Options
    Sorry to hear this DD, could it be Payback? You might know you couldn't have a good time without repercussions :(
    I hope things improve soon, I know they will eventually, but sooner would be better :wink:
    Take care ((((()))))
    Numpty
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    I send huge YBH'S dearest. Xx
    I really do understand. It's half three and no let up of the pain I'm in tonight grrrrr...
    Never mind eh hun. It'll be reet. :wink: xx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    I hope today is a better one for you, DD. I'm sure you're right that the stresses of the past months aren't helping. Be kind to yourself and take care. ((()))

Meg
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Once again I send my thanks to those who have replied. It's not payback - it's deeper than that. I feel flatter than a pancake probably because I am. :wink: DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    I do wish I had a magic wand DD...we could all get some relief... I could get the bus out and we could all go off somewhere nice to be pampered...somewhere cooler that is :o...(((()))
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    ((((())))) Oh go on then - xxx
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    (((((DD))))))

When my mum felt low she used to say "she had to look up to see a snake's belly" This always makes me laugh, the saying that is, because none of this is funny.....

Whoever said swear words were inappropriate....
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Anna, thank you. I've just read your thread - you are having a tough time and no mistake but as usual you remember to encourage someone else. Good luck for tomorrow - please let us know (if and when you can) how things go. Take care.

Best wishes from your slothful friend, DD.
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi DD, Hope today is a slightly better day, blimey your allowed to have yukky days after all Arther is the wonderful gift that keeps on giving!! :( You take care sending you (())'s .
  • Starburst
    Starburst Member Posts: 2,546
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I am thankful that my ear lobes, eyelashes, eyebrows and nails are pain-free. :) That has to be a result of some sort. :|

While it's great to have a glass half full approach (I, too, list the things that don't hurt as it's a shorter list than what does hurt!) but equally, acknowledging the injustice and wanting to stop the world is a useful for psychological well being. I am firmly of the belief that it's totally acceptable to have had enough and heaven knows, you have every reason to feel this way.

We trudge on regardless and I feel there must be a purpose to all this. that there is method to the madness of life with arthritis.

Hang on in there!
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Just topping up the YBHs xxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • merri
    merri Member Posts: 190
    Options
    Sending you oodles of hugs DD xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Stuff's even worse. :( Yesterday my right knee gave way, totally out of the blue, and down I went. The bruising is horrendous, it's on the outside of the upper leg from knee to hip and buttock, plus a significant graze where I hit the sharp corner of an occasional table, and I have two on my stomach; gawd knows where they came from. Sanguinous hades. DD
  • Slosh
    Options
    Oh DD, you really are going through the mill at the moment. Your fall must have shaken you up as well as it is always frightening.
    Sending some East London hugs to join the Yorkshire ones )))))
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Options
    Oh, DD, so sorry to hear you've had a fall. Take good care of yourself. As Slosh says, it will have shaken you up quite a lot. ((()))

Meg
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    Sorry DD just seen this :oops: been a bit icky after treatment. Hope you have got over your fall, hopefully can send some of our cooler weather your way maybe help to make you feel a wee bit better ((((()))))...............Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,714
    Options
    Sanguinous Hades? How restrained! I would have been screeching about fornicating flames of Hades myself.

You didn't need this. And that makes no difference at all.

You know the drill. R & R and lots of it. ((((()))))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I'm too shaken to be that creative. :lol: Using both crutches in the house today, that seems like a plan. :wink: DD

PS Thank you, everyone, for your kind and understanding replies.
  • Slosh
    Options
    Please take it easy and don't try to do too much.
    Julian of Norwich