Options
    Just calling in with these (((()))) xx.
    Love
    Barbara
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Dd sorry to hear but you have given so much advice is me and all of us. You have given so much advice to me. Please keep going I am sending lots of hugs hugs.
    Take care hug hug hug hug hug
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Goodness me. You are in the wars DD. Take care and rest up a while. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Morning ((()))s just to get you started :wink:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Options
    A few more to top them up (((())))..................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh my word, thank you everyone, you are all far too kind. I haven't yet 'fessed up to Mr DD because he has stresses enough of his own and I don't want him fretting about me when he's at work. I'm used to falling down but not with the enthusiasm and vigour that occurred on Friday. :lol: The bruises are developing very nicely! :D

Yesterday was an idle one, today we went out for lunch and I managed to walk to the pub and back without wincing too much (my theory was that the gentle exercising of sore muscles would be a good thing, I am waiting to be proved right on that). I had sea bream, sautéed spuds and tenderstem broccoli: it was lovely apart from the fact the entire dish was drenched in salted butter (which is the work of the Devil himself). DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Options
    Id rather have a nice olive oil on it. Mig
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Glad to hear you were able to get yesterday DD but also glad to hear it was an idle day. Sounds as though it was what you needed. Hope you are planning in a few more idle days, after all that has been going on you need them and housework can always wait, you getting back to "moderately grotty" is far more important!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    DD, sorry to hear you are feeling down at the moment and your fall certainly hasn't helped matters has it? However, things can only get better and they will.

Your lunch sounded lovely and at least you didn't have any washing up to contend with or a dishwasher to load and then unload. I hope the table waiting staff was a nice young man with a tight squidgy bum for you to admire.

Take care of yourself.
    GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh Slosh, I possess many 'O' and 'A' levels in idleness, plus a degree, a post-grad. and doctorate to boot. :D I know and understand the concept of 'idle' inside and out and will happily use that knowledge to benefit me as and when needed. I have spent some time this afternoon researching mobility scooters (and wheelchairs) because finally that time has come. Oddly that is a relief. :|

Mig? Spot on. My antipathy to butter has very deep roots and I cannot (not will not) change the habits of a life time. Unsalted butter, owever, . . . . . in slices, on fresh white toast or crumpets . . . . humina-humina-humina. 8)

Alas, Grace, no, but one of the bar staff was wearing a very smart Ben Sherman bright blue polo shirt (with navy contrasting bands on cuffs and collar) which his Gran bought him for Christmas. I didn't look at his nether regions: I am losing my touch :oops: but there again, with 'im indoors sat opposite, no wonder! :lol: DD
  • celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134
    Options
    I wish you all the best, my mums got a mobility scooter and gives her so much independents. But if anyone walking beside you tell to becarefull and when the scooter runs over their foot its hurts from experience. Also get yourself a waterproof cover for when it rains .
    You seem a bit better today.
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    :shock: :shock: :o:o
    You shouldn't be looking at that particular area on a bloke you dirty bird :lol::lol:

I hope things are a little easier mi darlin. As for the scooter, if it's needed. . Go for it. . I hear they're faster than a micra anyway :? :wink::lol::lol::lol::lol:

here. . Have some YBH'S
    xxxxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    I have spent some time this afternoon researching mobility scooters (and wheelchairs) because finally that time has come. Oddly that is a relief. :|

:D Hey, go for it! It'll open up a whole new world. Just remember to walk too :lol: I shall await reports with interest. It's a great idea.
    Steven Wright
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    The scooter/chair will give you a bird's eye view of things, well, squidgy :wink:

I'm all for the chair/scooter idea. I find myself looking longingly at these now.

(((())))) Are you still in a heat wave over there? We had a week off and now it's back :o
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi DD
    Sorry you have had a fall on top of everything else, has you know I have my chariot for days out and such...I would like a scooter that goes in the car, but the weight of them for my OH would be to much..have you seen the ones with ramps that go in the car...of course it would have to be a certain car to fit it in..hope today is easier for you...xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thank you, Barbara and Boomer, for taking the time to reply. I have been doing much looking on-line but have concluded that the best way is to go to some disability stores around here and try things out for real. I admit the Quingo range has caught my eye but as they are extremely unwilling to hint at any prices anywhere doesn't inspire me with confidence. 'If you need to ask then you cannot afford it' should not be the maxim for folks like us, should it? :roll:

I appreciate that these are functional machines but they are routinely (and uniformly) dull in appearance. That's not too encouraging either but I suppose once I'm on it I won't be able to see it. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Options
    DD, you go for that scooter if it'll help. Make sure you 'bling it up' though. (I think's that's the modern expression?). And yes, do try some out first - it's important.

Tony - there's no harm in us ladies looking you know. At the end of the day we are just 'admiring the scenery' as far as you blokes are concerned. It takes our minds off our troubles for a moment or two.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    Options
    [quote="dreamdaisy"have concluded that the best way is to go to some disability stores around here and try things out for real.[/quote]

You could contact your local DIAL UK. They might have some useful info.
    Steven Wright
  • Slosh
    Options
    Hope you find one that suits you, there was a documentary on a few weeks ago about mobility scooters and the issues around their use, safety etc. On a serious note they reccomended getting insurance and that some areas ran voluntary training schemes note, I also remember that they featured a place that did customised mobility scooters, can't remember where it was but they featured one made to look like a Harley Davidson!
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • stickywicket
    Options
    I think it's in Whitley Bay (Tyne & Wear) Slosh.

This might be useful http://www.disabledinfo.co.uk/dis/71-mobility-scooter-accessories.asp
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    Get one, or both, it is sometimes a relief to give into the inevitable - one less fight to fight I suppose and lord knows you have enough of those. I meet a chap quite regularly who has his dog trained to get on and off the footplate of his scooter on command - I think his is an off road one too so he gets out and about to places he probably wouldn't without it. Definitely bling too, make it your own and do it in style. Hope you find one with a visible price tag soon xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Don't encourage her Grace :lol:

oh my dearest DD... I hope that you are getting on a bit better today.
    I would definitely look into getting advise from places such as D.I.A.L regarding the scooters... I imagine there is plenty of good tips on the t'interweb too.

If/when you get one are you going to get some hot rod flames painted on and some pin striping done? It must look unique, just like you :? :wink::lol:

Tons more YBH's xxxxxxx
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I realise that there is much more research to be undertaken but, if I purchase a mechanical machine, I think I would rather like it to be disguised as a sedan chair. :wink: DD
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Lol...
    excellent choice my dear. Would that be a rise and ricliner type?
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • Slosh
    Options
    So who would you like to carry it?
    Julian of Norwich