ALL SYSTEMS GO FOR THE 17TH

Options
barbara12
barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
edited 29. Mar 2016, 05:14 in Living with Arthritis archive
Well my THR is on for the 17th, to be honest I would really be looking forward to it, if this back wasn't in such a state, but I am thinking positive that this limping and twisting will be gone and my back may just get stronger..so pocket duties will be greatly received and maybe a bottle of brandy or two...and I am having an epidural like I did last time..must say the sedation did knocked me out, hope it does this time.. :o
Love
Barbara

Comments

• mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ok will be there Barbara ,brandy will be welcome. Mig
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Good luck, Barbara - not keen on brandy so will bring a miniature malt whisky.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am pleased for you, Barbara, I am sure it will make a difference to the quality of life and that has to be a good thing! You've done it before so you can do it again and you know that we will all be there cheering you on!

So, a week today . . . . :shock: :? :D DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    That's great, Barbara. I hope it will make a real difference to you. I'll be thinking about you on St. Patrick's Day!

Meg
  • Slosh
    Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
    Options
    Hope all goes well on the 17th
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thakyou Mig Theresa, DD, Meg and Slosh
    I think you all know how much the support means, it really does help.. I am all ready now just want it out of the way... :)
    love to all of you xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi barbara
    Will be there for the 17th and will bring a bottle of single malt for those prefer whisky........... :)
    Hope THR will help resolve your back problems (will give me more hope when I have my THR).......... :!:
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou Ron, and I will keep you updated..dont forget any questions just ask.. :) think I had better start drinking whiskey its seem that is what most people are bringing.. :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • slomo
    slomo Member Posts: 180
    Options
    Hi Barbara, is there room left in your pocket for a little one? Count me in. Hope all goes well and your soon up and about again. slomo
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Can I squeeze in too please? I'll make the tea as I don't drink much alcohol. I think there is a very good chance your back will be much better once you're up and about again.
    Christine
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou so much slomo and applerose..you are both very welcome..I haven't been able to have a drink for around 2 years now..I'm sure one would help... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Count me in ! I know you will be nervous but look how great you did last time after putting it off etc!! This time you are going in to it with experience and knowledge. As you know , listen to the physios - they are the real bosses on the ward!!
    If you need to talk anytime please let me know xx
    NB
  • Hips12
    Hips12 Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Oh good luck Barbara, will be thinking of you on 17th.
    I must admit i would plump for the epidural too when my time comes (i suppose i will be referred to the Ortho's too now)
    Unfortunately i have some weight to get off before they will do anything, but i have read in the papers recently that they are starting to reduce the age for replacements now as the new joints are proving to be longer lasting than the ones used in the past, so i should at least be able to get on the list.
    Hope all goes well.

Hips xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I know we have talked about this but most people seem to be more jittery their 2nd one LOL seems silly but true.....I know I was.
    You'll be fine and don't worry I'll be there in your pocket :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • barbara12
    Options
    Thankyou NB, Hips and Hileena..its always surprises me how the support on this forum can help..got everything ready now, having done it once I now know what to take what not to take... :) xxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,713
    Options
    Thinking of you, Barbara. ((( )))
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    Options
    (((()))) I'll be there. Good luck lovely lady xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • barbara12
    Options
    How kind you all are ..Thankyou SW, Mods,and LV ..all packed now..just wish I was going on holiday... :lol: I'm a lot more organized with this one,knowing what I know after the last one :)
    LV I haven;t seen you around for a while, I hope all is well with you and your lovely girls..and hubby of course..
    Love to everyone xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You've done it before and therefore you can do it again, yes? I'm not doing that well at the moment but believe it, I am there for you if needed. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Boomer13
    Boomer13 Member Posts: 1,931
    Options
    Cheering for you Barbara! Best wishes and luck on 17th ((())).
  • Wobblylegs
    Wobblylegs Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Barbara, we haven't really met but I had my first TKR on 10th, so I'll be cheering you on too just a week in front of you. We can recover together!
    Good luck xx
  • Megrose2
    Megrose2 Member Posts: 331
    Options
    Thinking about you today, Barbara. Good luck for tomorrow and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Meg
  • theresak
    theresak Member Posts: 1,998
    Options
    Wishing you very good luck for tomorrow, Barbara - and a speedy, straightforward recovery.
  • barbara12
    Options
    A very big thankyou to Theresa,Meg,Wobblylegs, boomer and DD
    I say it again you are all so kind that is what keeps this forum going.. :)
    Wobblylegs I hope you are doing ok..if I remember right ,after the first week it get easier.. :)
    All packed.. the bit I hate is having to be there for 7, so will have to set off around 6.15..last time I was the last on his list 4 oclock I went down..so hoping I am first this time..fingers crossed..
    ..hopefully will be home Monday..maybe earlier..love to everyone xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    will definitely be thinking of you tomorrow barbara
    Ron x
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)