edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hope you're soon home,, Barbara.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Barbara I'm sorry I've missed all this...I'm useless!(and fatigued). :D

However by now it will all be done and dusted and I hope you will feel so much better without the awful hip pain.

Elizabeth xxx

ps; I sympathise with the funny turn. I can remember having one about 4/5 days in but was assured it was the after effects of the op. I wasn't asleep but it is still a major op.
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Options
    Hope you are back home Barbara and all is as well as can be expected. No more funny turns. xx
    Christine
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Oh bless your cotton socks everyone :D I did read every massage, but wont name you one by one if you don't mind.. :)
    I was suppose to be first on the list but ended up going down at 4ish..all went well, didn't get one of the new one bedded room with my own TV... but was in a new 4 bedded one and was glad of the company..I cannot fault the care in Wrightingt*n..again it was second to none..I wasn't in pain but felt really ill this time, and kept fainting..so instead of the 4 days it became 6...hubby is brilliant..and I am doing well...
    Love to all of you...
    And Elna its good to see you around...
    Love
    Barbara
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    Been waiting and watching for you to return,now rest and be
    spoiled..... :!:
    Great to have you back on board......................... :D
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Well hello! :D It's lovely to hear from you and I have no doubt you feel better for being home, yes? I hope all is progressing as well as possible, you have been much-missed but you need to concentrate on getting better, you know we will be here whenever you feel up to posting. ((( ))) xxx DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Barbara
    I've just answered you pm......OK!

Love
    Hileena
  • applerose
    Options
    Great to have you back Barbara. Glad you were looked after well in hospital and your hubby is taking over from them. Hope you have a speedy recovery. You have been missed here. xx
    Christine
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    WELCOME HOME BARBARA

c015.gif

h089.gif

Take it steady now

Love

Toni xxx
  • barbara12
    Options
    Aww thankyou everyone..
    Feeling quite good this morning, just the sleeping on this back that is hard, but I dont have any pain really..did I tell you the district nurse was doing my injections, I was worried about them because I cant use this thumb to pinch the fat...not that there isn't much to got at :shock: it surprises me how the recovery suddenly starts..Ron you will be fine..trust me... :?
    Love to everyone xxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    It is far from easy to sleep on one's back isn't it? I had to do it for weeks after I broke my upper left humerus and it was the worst thing. I empathise. ((( ))) DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Aww thankyou everyone..
    Feeling quite good this morning, just the sleeping on this back that is hard, but I dont have any pain really..did I tell you the district nurse was doing my injections, I was worried about them because I cant use this thumb to pinch the fat...not that there isn't much to got at :shock: it surprises me how the recovery suddenly starts..Ron you will be fine..trust me... :?
    Love to everyone xxxxx

Hi again barbara
    So glad you are now on the mend and not having any real pain (back or hip?),I know you were concerned about your back.It's not easy sleeping on your back anyway,spent 8 weeks after ankle surgery.
    Did do my own injections,had to before I was discharged from hospital.
    Thanks barbara for the reassurance............please keep us posted.
    Ron
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • applerose
    Options
    Good to hear you are on the mend Barbara and not in pain. I lie on my back for a short while but can't get to sleep. Hope you manage ok.
    Christine
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    Glad to hear that you are home. This is where it really begins. Keep moving, and doing your exercises that the physios showed you. You will do better in your own home, with your own home comforts around you.
    If you ever need a chat you know where I am xx
    NB
  • Wobblylegs
    Wobblylegs Member Posts: 99
    Options
    Hi Barabara,

We haven't met yet but I just wanted to jump in and wish you all the best for your recovery.

I had my first TKR on 10th March and didn't discover this forum until after that and it's been a fantastic resource.

I hope you are feeling better today and can start your recovery in earnest.

Wobbly X
  • rayray
    rayray Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Hi Barbara,

Glad you have made it home! I remember the sleeping on my back thing after my two big hip surgeries. After the hip replacement I found that a pillow under my knees helped stop my back ache so much and a small pillow under my ankles kept my heels off the bed as they had become quite sore.

Good luck and best wishes on your recovery.
  • barbara12
    Options
    A big thankyou DD, Ron, NB, applerose, Wobblylegs ,and rayray
    Not a brilliant night, but its all down to sleeping on this back, but not much pain at all, I remember when I had my last THR there wasn't much pain then...walking up and down the house, thatnk goodness we knock it through so its 25 ft long now...dont 10 so far in one go.. :)
    Ron I will report back about this back when I get out and about, the surgeon did use a spinal board so that he didn't do any damage, which was good of him.. :)
    rayray the pillow under my knees I haven't tried so will do tonight thankyou
    Wobbly I do hope your recovery is going well,its good of you to think of me..you are a week ahead... :)
    Found my old back rest for tonight so will try sitting up... :)
    Love to everyone xxxxxx
    Love
    Barbara
  • applerose
    Options
    It sounds as if you are coming along nicely Barbara apart from your back which hopefully will ease more once you are up and about a bit more. The 25 feet gives you something to aim for and saves you from walking round in circles.
    Christine
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Sorry for not messaging sooner, glad everything went wellish (except for the fainting!) Now the long slow recovery starts (though I haven't had THR, I have read about others :shock: ). When I had my bunion operation and now my eye injury I have been sleeping on my back so I know how hard it is! I wake up super aching!
    You keep being the trooper you are and you will recover a super trooper! :)