Pets' Corner

Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Sadly @Lilymary Paprika is my brother's new baby now mine, but today I am going to see him in real life - Socially distant of course 🤗😍

@KazandNoo I got a message saying you couldn't see it so had to change the settings - you specifically!

Thank you @stellabean and of course@Mike1 for starting this thread 🙂

• KazandNoo
    KazandNoo Member Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi @frogmorton ,oops sorry! ☺
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

My Vixen loves curling up between my legs on my recliner, I don't like to disturb her when she is obviously so comfortable but when one needs a pee one needs a pee!!

• KazandNoo
    Options
    She looks so content 😻
  • frogmorton
    Options

The minute a cat sits on me I need a wee @Mike1

@KazandNoo I appreciated it because I think I sorted it for all of us now thank you 🙂

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    Options

That’s so sweet Mike. Our little fluff ball (I hesitate to call her a cat as I don’t think she realises she is one) caught her first bird to day, a young sparrow, after 5 years of not even trying. I can only assume it landed in front of her and tried to have a conversation with her, and she brought it home to meet the family. Anyway, it was quickly rescued from her, without much of a struggle from the fluffy one, and it flew off into the shrubbery. We think she identifies more with her friends next door, ie the sheep, which explains her complete lack of feline skills

• Lilymary
    Options

Here she is getting tips from her role models, keeping guard on the hedgehog box

• KazandNoo
    Options
    Wow,what a gorgeous plumptious cat she is 😻
  • Lilymary
    Options

Careful, I think she heard you! She's just sweetness and sunshine on legs.

• KazandNoo
    Options

She's beautiful LilyMary 😍

• Kazza52
    Kazza52 Member Posts: 74
    Options

I enjoyed reading the above posts and it is lovely to see so many animal lovers.

I have a Ruby Cavalier called Robbie. He is four years old. If he sees any animals on the tv he runs up to the tv and barks at them.

He also loves his chin being stroked. If he sits next to me he keeps pawing at me to let me know it is time for the chin stroke. He does not like water and when he sees a puddle he walks round it.

In this lovely weather he loves sunbathing.

Stay safe everyone.🐶

• frogmorton
    Options

Aww@Lilymary she is sweetness I can see that! Well done for rescuing the bird. Sadly I usually fail and have a 'body' to remove from outside later. A mouse 🤢

@Kazza52 please if you can do post us a pic of Robbie we'd love to see him. He sounds adorable. Very unusual to dodge water though.....there's a brook on my daily walk which every single dog who goes for a walk feels compelled to jump in!!!

• Casey46
    Casey46 Member Posts: 6
    Options

This is so looking like “cats “ corner so here is my little companion.

Her name is Sasha and She is 3 years old and she keeps me sane with her cuddles every day. She is enjoying shielding more than me.

• Lilymary
    Options

Sasha looks so sweet, our pets do so much to keep us sane (although my cats often drive me bonkers!).

I look forward to seeing a pic of Robbie too. Tou’re Lucky he’s a puddle dodger, less cleaning up to do!

• frogmorton
    Options

Hi @Casey46

Sasha looks adorable and yes we did need some doggies to balance things a bit!

Dogs seem to like lockdown....cats not so much😁

• Mike1
    Options

Came across this photo of a baby Vixen at 5 weeks old, that was 4 years ago but she is just as cute now!

• KazandNoo
    Options

Aww,how adorable she is! My cats are my fur babies (never wanted the real ones! 😁)

• Lilymary
    Options

Aww, she was so cute! Lovely photo. I’ve never had kittens, 6 months was my youngest rescue cat. They just seem such hard work. I get them when they’ve been let down later in life and need a second chance, although I reckon Toby was surrendered because he and his brother tore their owners house apart, as I found to my cost when I got him home. He was about 11 months, he’s now about 3 and still a nutcase.

• Mike1
    Options

Uh oh, having just turned 5 today I have to take Vixen to the Vets for her annual booster; she hates going and last year created so much that she attacked the Vet, and bit my finger to the bone (by accident obviously); the vet managed to give her her jab with me holding her tightly but didn't bother weighing her, checking her over or giving her her pill. So I am expecting a rather traumatic time with her today; I have had to arrange for my baby sister to take us so hopefully having someone else with us may help calm her down.

Butter wouldn't melt!

• KazandNoo
    Options
    Aww bless,she's really lovely. Yes,cat to the vet day,always a relief when it's over! Good luck 🤞
  • Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

@Mike1

Take a blanket from home and roll her up in it when it's time for the vaccination we used to have to do this with one of ours. A cat sausage roll/burrito 😁

Best of luck

Ellen.

• Mike1
    Options

Well, the Vets have developed a system under these virus conditions. They have a chair by the door on which one deposits ones cat in the basket, you then phone them at your appointment time and they come to the door to collect the pet and undertake the check up, you then wait outside until it is over. When the girl came out to collect Vixen I warned her that she can be a bit feisty! After about 15 minutes the Vet brought Vixen out and said that she had given her her annual booster but was unable to check her over fully although she looks in good general health, she said that Vixen's teeth were in especially good condition as Vixen had shown them to her a few times 😁 😁

I am sure this is who she thought she was:

• frogmorton
    Options

Of course Mike! She is indeed a 'house-tiger' your house-tiger !

Bless her jobs a good 'un for another year.

I have to say l absolutely ADORE the pic of baby Vixen. I want her!!

• Mike1
    Options

Sorry, the best I can do for you is a photo of baby Vixen and her Mum.

• Lilymary
    Options

Crikey, she sounds a handful! I expect everyone's glad that's over for another year!