Pets' Corner

Options

Comments

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

He’s so sweet jaybees, I can see why you miss him ((()))

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Vixen looking somewhat aloof yesterday, ears went back as soon as she saw me about to take a photo!

• Lilymary
    Options

She's so sweet!

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Awww @jaybees Max looks as though he was an adorable character!

Cheeky little face there.

It's tough losing a 'pet' it really is they are part of the family and you never really get over it ((()))

If you can log in on your phone all you have to do is click on the picture symbol and it takes me to my gallery.

Take care

• N1gel
    N1gel Member Posts: 160
    Options

Me informing Rowley of the likely surgical consequences of his absconding from his walker in search of rumpy pumpy.

• Lilymary
    Options

@N1gel , what a great photo! I can’t decide whether he looks repentant or afraid!

• frogmorton
    Options

He looks not pleased I think, but knows he must behave.

@N1gel - if I had a dog a border terrier is the very one I would want he is adorable 😍

• stellabean
    stellabean Member Posts: 307
    Options

Last night we adopted a young Border Collie from a local farmer as she was no good for sheep work. She is beautiful a little nervous but absolutely delightful. Although she has spent her life till now living in a barn she was clean all night and settled. Her name is Meg and she is the second sheep dog we have adopted over the years she has been very well cared for by her pervious owner. I will get a photo soon and post it. She just has to get used to our cats who have lived with dogs before ( we lost our lovely Mutley in April and Jake last November). It is so lovely to have a dog again and is so much fun watching her reaction to things like the TV, the stairs and the microwave. She has one bad habit she loves to roll in various animals poo or to eat it,( our other sheep dog was the same and got out of it eventually) She is only a baby at 19 months old.

• Lilymary
    Options

Congratulations Stellabean!! What adventures you have ahead, and what a lovely life she’s going to have. It’s so rewarding bringing a rescue animal home and seeing their joy and confidence grow as they settle in. Look forward to seeing the photos!

• stellabean
    Options

We had a very disturbed night as she has become obsessed with her reflection in the kitchen window then mine joining it sent her into meltdown!!! I closed the kitchen door so we eventually got some sleep her on the couch me in my bed thankfully. The cats are starting to show their faces Esme ( youngest and smallest our daughter's cat) has got Meg terrified of her and only has to look at her to put her into total avoidance mode but it is early days and the older cats have had to get used to new dogs before. We will start command training a bit each day she has got the hang of No but has no other commands not even shepherding ones.

• frogmorton
    Options

Awww Stellabean!! You lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!! What fun times you have ahead (poor pusskins though they will adjust in time) I hope your new baby, Meg settles in very very soon. They are highly intelligent dogs and she will soon learn your commands.

Yes please pics asap! 🐕️🐶

• frogmorton
    Options

Puss sneaking into my box of goodies!

• YogaJones
    YogaJones Member Posts: 18
    Options

Adding my little Tails cat coming in for a cuddle (yes it looks like I sat on her but I was there first and she decided to come and sit there with her paw on my bum!). If she fits she sits.

• frogmorton
    Options

Oh yes @YogaJones

'If I fits I sits!

Such a sweet little face Tails has. Thank you for posting her photo ((()))

• jaybees
    jaybees Member Posts: 11
    Options

Hi it's me ! Thanks for all the pictures and stories. Lovely to hear about how pets and other animals help us forget about out troubles.

Meet my neighbours !

• Lilymary
    Options

@jaybees Aren’t they lovely!

• frogmorton
    edited 17. Oct 2020, 06:44
    Options

@jaybees

PIGGIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wahay!!

Thank you so much for the pic! They don't get eaten though do they?😬

• jaybees
    jaybees Member Posts: 11
    Options

Well I was going to caption it "Meat, the neighbours", but I don't really want to think about that too much .

I am advised that at least two of them will be kept for breeding so hope for some piggielets next spring !🐖🐖🐖

• frogmorton
    Options

Awwwww😕bless 'em. I have sheep by me and it's worse because it's the little mabies which go...sniffffffff! I hear the Mummies crying for them 😔

Still maybe we can see some piglets next year 🙂😍

• stellabean
    Options

This is Meg our nutty 19month collie she really is something special she is not the brightest button in the box but she loves my hubby. She was not interested in sheep except to either roll in or eat their poo and any other poo she can find. So we have invested in some horse shampoo that covers a multitude of smells, we discovered it years ago when a dog kept rolling in dead mallard disgusting.

Housetraining is still ongoing but it is early days.She is going to be spayed next week so that will be fun as she is travel sick even on very short trips of about a mile.

• Lilymary
    Options

Aww, she’s so pretty, I love tricolours. She sounds gorgeous. I know what you mean about travel problems, my little puss gets so distressed on vet trips that he soils himself in the carrier, however gentle and reasssuing we are. I hope your visit and the op goes ok, and that she doesn’t need to wear the “cone of shame” for too long.

• frogmorton
    Options

Aw @stellabean

She looks lovely. So long as she has a good nature everything else can be dealt with can't it?

My youngest's kitten is booked in for spaying soon too you feel so guilty, but what can you do. I hope Meg copes well with the journey to the vet best of luck 🤞

• Lilymary
    Options

I love the fact that this thread was only started in April 2020 and only obliquely has any relevance to arthritis (ie our pets keep us sane when we’re having a bad day) but it has already clocked up over 1,600 views! What a bunch of softies we are!

• frogmorton
    Options

What would we do without them @Lilymary ??

• Sh8ron
    Sh8ron Member Posts: 13
    Options

I found Pets Corner! This is Boris (rescue cat so he came to us with that name and we found it suits him). He's about 8 years old and we've had him about 3 1/2 months now. He's very vocal, we converse, he goes out in the rain! I swear he says "hello" as he gallops back in after an evening out on the tiles. He's very loving and great company. Sharon.