Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

However your life is impacted by arthritis we want to understand more about you so that we can make sure we continue to develop our information, support and services such as the online community.

If you've not already, please take 5 -10 minutes to fill in our survey. All information you provide will remain anonymous and be treated in the strictest confidence. TAKE OUR SURVEY

Falls

I had my first fall today since being diagnosed. It was awful! My knee took the brunt of the impact and my hands the rest, falling without arthritis is bad enough but falling with it is something else! Luckily my partner was there to pick me up and I'm now icing my knee with a cup of tea.
I'm hoping it'll start feeling better quickly! What are other people's experiences with falling and recovery time?
Thanks 😊

Comments

• HobbleHobble Posts: 77

Hi Lex, hope you're doing ok and managing to take it easy.

I had a fall in the bath last year where my right knee and elbow took brunt of it, mainly the inner sides. It was quite tender for a few weeks xx

• Hi Lex

sorry to hear about your fall and wishing you a speedy recovery .

I had a fall 8 months ago when my knee gave way you will prob be feeling tender for few weeks yet .

Also depends on what damage if any had occurred as to recovery times .

Try to be easy on yourself and don’t rush your recovery .

Take care 😊

• wazz42wazz42 Posts: 80

Hi,

How are you today? I hope it's beginning to improve. In my experience the day after is the worst then it gradually starts to get better

HAve you worked out why you fell so you can avoid it in future?

xx

• Airwave!Airwave! Posts: 2,324

I had a fall at the beginning of last July, my feet slipped on some green algae, I landed flat on my back and my head duly followed onto the concrete, cervical collar, spinal board and blue lights to hospital, it felt like I had been put into a metal container and shaken up.

It was January before I started to feel better and March that I wanted to do things again.

• LexLex Posts: 4
    Thank you for all of the lovely messages, it's really nice to have support from people with similar conditions!
    @wazz42 I'm doing much better thank you, the day after was definitely the worst, I struggled to move it in the morning and it kept me awake a bit in the night. Today, my knee is still sore, it's also cut and very colourful and I even managed to really bruise further down my leg in the process! It's definitely improving every day though thankfully.
    Embarrassingly, it was me not paying attention to where I was walking and fell off some uneven raised path into the road! I'll definitely pay more attention in future, I don't fancy a repeat of this anytime soon!
    Xxx