Week Ending 15th May

Options
Brynmor
Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
edited 7. Feb 2023, 09:56 in News Archive

Our top image this week features our dummy member @HappyFrog. What is special is that there are examples of the sorts of things you can add to your Activity Wall on display, including text, images and videos.

Do visit the profile and just add your comment or become inspired to start adding items to your own Activity Wall.

HappyFrog on his Lonely Island ❤️

1. Arthritis Tracker App

Young people with arthritis beat Covid isolation thanks to mobile App - ‘being able to link up with other young people has completely changed the way I feel about my condition’

The new app features in a fantastic article in the Belfast Newsletter and includes comments from our case study, Hope, who inspired the idea for the app and an interview with another of our young supporters, Shay, who has lupus.

You can read the full article here.

2. Stay Safe, Stay Anonymous

Of course, it's up to you... Using your real name as your username on the internet is a matter of choice and understanding regarding your personal security.

The Online Community is a safe protected space for you, the members to get and receive help and support.

We have been aware of some members signing up with their first-name and surname as their username and we do suggest you ask us to change this for you if you wish to stay anonymous. Stay safe! 👀

3. Stay Alert

The change in advice for England in combatting the Coronavirus raised a few comments earlier this week. As the week went on there was some confusion over what people in other parts of the UK could do and that laws are now different for Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland compared to England.

Our latest advice on shielding, staying at home, keeping safe and social distancing can all be found on our dedicated Coronavirus (COVID-19) information page which is updated regularly as the situation changes.

4. Morning Routine

This is for our many readers who may have missed this brilliant description of what it is like living with arthritis. Thankyou so much to @Moodymama82

Read: My Morning Routine From A Newbie

Stay safe, stay well.

Brynmor