Hand weirdness!?

Eaitken
Eaitken Member Posts: 10
edited 4. Dec 2020, 14:45 in Living with arthritis

Hi there, I'm recently diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and in the last few days have noticed my little fingers have started to point outwards and are a bit twisted. I'm assuming this is another lovely symptom on my new diagnosis!? 😏

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,396

It could and worth mentioning to your Rheumatology team and/ GP maybe some 'working' and 'resting' splints might be an idea for you? ((()))

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,610

@Eaitken have a read of this information about joint care it might be of use to you.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Cassie
    Cassie Member Posts: 1

I have inflamed arthritis in my feet and hands. My fingers feel sore and burn. The amount of clicking is unbearable. I feel like they keep dislocating. Any suggestions please x

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211
    edited 1. Mar 2021, 19:39

Hi @Cassie welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to read about your recent experience with your hands and feet pain and other symptoms.

Have you been to see a healthcare professional regarding this? If not I would suggest speaking to your GP in the first instance.

As you have indicated inflammation in your hands it may be useful to take a photo of your hands to send to your GP to aid their diagnosis under the current restrictions of face to face appointments.

In the meantime below are some links that may be useful:

• A guide to osteoarthritis of the hands including symptoms and treatment suggestions:

Osteoarthritis of the hand and wrist (versusarthritis.org)

• A guide to osteoarthritis of the feet again with symptoms, treatment and self help:

Osteoarthritis (OA) of the foot and ankle | Versus Arthritis

Is there any more information that could help us point you to the right information and support, such as any type of diagnosis or things that work?

Please do post again on this thread and explore the site for any help or other forums which may have people with similar experiences.

Take care and good luck

Joe

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,396

Hi@Cassie

Might be worth talking to your rheumatology team and maybe a referral (via your GP??? if it's easier) to a physio for some resting/working hand splints even???

Some people swear by wax baths for their hands I've personally never had one, but do use my splints at times if my hands are flaring ((()))

• airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579

No, not a symptom it’s a sign, subtle difference! ☺️ One is something that can be seen the other is something that is experienced.

it’s a grin, honest!