Game: Does the person below me . . .

Comments

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393

Cold, sunny days, they're more refreshing and mood lifting!

DTPBM remember the sweets or crisps from their childhood?

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

Fruit Salad sweets and plain crisps with the little blue bags of salt in.

DTPBM prefer builders or wishy-washy tea?

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Absolutely builders!

DTPBM dunk their biscuits?

• lindalegs

No way, it leaves all soggy bits at the bottom of your cup and I drain my tea till the cup is empty!

DTPBM have a special song/music that gets their toes a-tapping?

Love, Legs x
  • Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548

Ah, not a song but a type of music - I like Rock and Metal 🤘

DTPBM like cats or dogs?

• Mike1

CATS!!!!!! 😸

DTPBM like Cadbury Cream Eggs? If so, how do you eat them?

• lindalegs

Love them and I eat them slowly to savour them, one nibble at a time.

DTPBM have a favourite holiday destination?

Love, Legs x
  • Mike1

I have not had a holiday for donkeys years so I guess my favourite destination is a toss up between my lounge and my back garden!

DTPBM know the meaning of life?

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233

Well, my oh has the answer to the meaning of life the universe and everything so I guess - reading the t-shirt - that it's 42!!!

However I think life is to laugh and love and spend time with family and friends

DTPBM like gala or grany smiths (Apples)?

• lindalegs

Neither, I only eat Cox's apples.

DTPBM want to tell us about their ages? Which age was their favourite and which was the worst?

Love, Legs x
  • Shell_H

I think my favourite age is the Classical Antiquity age - the time of the ancient Greeks and Romans. I like ancient history and mythology, the creation of the wonders of the world and epics. I'd expand this past Greece and Rome to include the same period, but also the Vikings, Celts and ancient eastern civilisations as well. I'm afraid I know a lot less about the Americas and Africa 🙁

My least favourite age would be the Industrial, when (in very broad terms) pastoral working class people had their jobs lost and had to move to cities to workhouses and factories. Workers rights and those of the underclass were eroded and destroyed, people expected to work rediculous lengths, and schools created to teach just what was needed for people to work for their betters. I don't think we've escaped this heritage as yet, it still lingers over us.

DTPBM eat breakfast (in the morning)? If so, what do they prefer?

• Mike1

I always eat breakfast but do not like to eat the same thing every day (which goes for other meals too), so I tend to switch between toast, cereal and normally a fry up on Saturday or Sunday which is my favourite. The fry up HAS to include Hogs Pudding, either fried bread or potato and an egg.

DTPBM have any regrets? (I have two, one is leaving the armed forces and the other was getting married to my ex-wife!)

• Versus1
    Versus1 Member Posts: 2

Yes, having a noisy neighbour who, apart from playing loud music, treats his flat like a workshop - even using power tools in the early hours of the morning. (My social landlord has taken him to court twice but he managed to avoid eviction with his sob stories.)

DTPBM have a nice view of the night sky without suffering light-pollution? (I wish😔)

• wazz42

Hi @Versus1

It's not bad here, I’m in N Wales so we also have clouds 😀 but the stars are very visible, and if we go inland a bit it’s even better. The downside for me is that I’m early to bed, so winter is good but I’m tucked up before the sun has finished going down in summer. We do have spectacular sunsets over the Great Orme in the distance.

DTPBM have a favourite plant and is there a story attached?

• GrandmaT
    GrandmaT Member Posts: 13

no bird table but lots of feeders that are emptied daily by squirrels, jackdaws, and a variety of small birds when they get a chance! Costs a fortune in seed and mealworms but provides hours of entertainment.

DTPBM have a favourite spring flower?

• Mike1

I love it when the daffodils start poking their heads up through the earth as it is a sign that better weather is on the way, the only problem is that down here in Cornwall that can be at the beginning of December!! A wood with a carpet of bluebells is probably my favourite sight.

DTPBM have a favourite jam? (mine is gooseberry, lovely with a strong cheddar cheese)

• Rina
    Rina Member Posts: 85

My favourite jam is raspberry, especially with scones and clotted cream ( I know it should be strawberry but I find that a bit sweet)

in answer to Wazz42’s question ( think a couple of posts crossed), my favourite plant in my garden is a lacecap hydrangea that grew from a cutting from my Mum’s garden that grew from a cutting from my Grandmother’s garden!

DTPBM remember their favourite book when they were a child?

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202

Molly molly Mandy DTPBM have a favourite place when they was a child

• lindalegs

My dad's allotment with the whole family having a cup of tea made with water from the rain butt! I always wondered why there was grit at the bottom of my cup!

DTPBM believe in ghosts?

Love, Legs x
  • Mike1

Nope!

DTPBM have a special family heirloom?

• wazz42

What a good question Mike.

Not as such but when oh mum died we inherited a collection of plates (the display kind) of flower fairies. This one we passed on to our then young daughter as a keepsake., she now has a daughter who will no doubt inherit them. We have a couple of other sets too.

When my Nanna died I was a teenager and we were all asked to take a piece of jewellry. I chose a silver necklace with little pink gems on it. It reminds me of Nanna when I see it.

DTPBM like remembering and talking over memories of departed loved ones?

• Yes! We spend hours howling with laughter at the memories we've been blessed with!

DTPBM ever get lost looking at old photos, wondering what on earth that hair style was all about?

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Oh dear me yes @SarahS

the perms😳

(Might have asked this before, but)

DTPBM have a favourite mug?

• Mike1

I have had several favourite mugs ......until I drop them! Damned arthritic hands and lack of grip! You can tell my favourite mug of the moment due to it being totally brown on the inside, I drink so much tea during the day that the mug hardly ever dries out which justifies me not washing it! I do bleach it out when it gets crusty on the inside and then I start again ..... until I drop it!

DTPBM have a secret crush?

• Shell_H

I'm afraid not - I've only ever really been attracted to people I know, rather than celebrities or famous people, and since I've been in a relationship I haven't been interested in anyone else. I appreciate I'm very lucky here.

DTPBM like thick gravy or thin?