• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

THICK!

DTPBM prefer a mug or cup and saucer?

• lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options

A mug every time, the bigger the better! And if it's too heavy for my hands I drink through a straw!

DTPBM sit in the sunshine or shade on a hot sunny day .....if you can remember what they were!

Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • Loggiemod
    Loggiemod Member Posts: 220
    Options

Shade if I can find it.

When putting on trousers DTPBM button then zip or zip then button?

• Mike1
    Options

Neither! I buy trousers 2 inches too big for me and fit braces so all I have to do is slip them on and then heave the braces over my shoulders, my hands are not up to doing buttons or clips so this way I do not have to bother.

DTPBM like dragons?

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

I love dragons. They are my favourite mythological creature. I have multiple toy and model dragons. I'm even painting one at the moment. Dragons rule. 🐉

DTPBM like spicy food?

• Mike1
    Options

Yes, especially chilli. Many years ago when I was in the armed forces I frequented a pub near the base I was at and often had a bowl of their chilli, one day we were chatting and I said that they could never make a chilli too hot for me then ordered a bowl, by golly was it hot! I later found out that they had added 4 tablespoons of chilli powder to my bowl which was devillish, I did manage to get it down - and keep it down - with the help of a pint or two but the following day!!!!!!!!

DTPBM watch boxed DVD sets (I have watched the first 3 seasons of Game of Thrones in the past month and have the rest to go)

• Shell_H
    Shell_H Member Posts: 548
    Options

I'm afraid I'm guilty of starting box sets, but I'm very bad at finishing them.... I've watched about 5 seasons of Once Upon a Time, maybe 3 seasons of Lost Girl, I think I too have seen 3 seasons of GoT, etc etc, but after a while I stop, then instead of carrying on from where I had got up to I start again, which leads to the inevitable same issue..... Give me books and I'll probably finish the entire series. Somehow they're easier.

DTPBM have a favourite season?

• wazz42
    wazz42 Member Posts: 233
    Options

Going to say medium here @Shell_H I need to be able to mash up my spuds but then I need it all to hold together on the fork!!

DTPBM like Marvel comics and which character is faourite?

Having just watched Gaurdians of the Galaxy My favourite is Groot! It's strange when you hear songs from your teenage/twenty something years again, even if you didn't like them at the time you are singing along as if they were a favourite!?!

xx

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

I rather like Loki, easy to understand his motivation and there is some good there I'm sure - I wouldn't like him for a brother though, you'd never know what was going to happen next!

DTPBM like planning things like garden beds or decorating or do they like doing things more

x

• wazz42
    Options

I love planning in the winter - this year garden as a little Minx aka youngest g'dau found all my seed packets and they ended up all over the floor. I had fun sorting them out and putting them back where they belonged - apparently what I thought was a basket was a hat!!

DTPBM like the decorating part of Christmas or would they like a magic wand to get the effect without the work!

• ToneBlues
    ToneBlues Member Posts: 94
    Options

I used to love decorating the house and tree when I was younger, and also when I had children at home.

These days I am less bothered, not least my partner isn't an enthusiast, and getting up the loft ladder to get all the decorations down is a challenge that I mostly try to avoid. I'm sure we will put some decorations up this year, but that will be mostly for ourselves as covid risk/shielding means that we won't be entertaining any guests in the house.

DTPBM try to get out and walk every day, or given the winter weather will they be hunkered down on the sofa with a good book?

• Mike1
    Options

In answer to Wazz42 I do not put any decorations up although I may put up the half dozen cards I usually get!

As for the above question the only "walking" I can do is to hobble from my recliner to the kitchen on crutches to make a brew. To go out I need my wheelchair or mobility scooter on which I usually have a weekly trip to the village shop.

• wazz42
    Options

Thought I'd revive this as we have lots of new members

It's called Does the Person Below me like/have etc

DTPBLM

like summer best?

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Ish...Wazz!

Unless it's too hot so probably spring and Autumn?

DTPBM

like thunderstorms?

• Fran54
    Fran54 Member Posts: 180
    Options

I don't mind thunderstorms as long as it rains soon after. I don't know if anyone does this but when I see the lightening, I count the seconds until I hear the thunder. I think for each second that equates to how many miles away the thunderstorm's centre is.😊

DTPBM

like doing jigsaws?

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,414
    Options

Love them especially wasjig ones!

DTPBM like sunbathing (topical question)

• stacey1977
    stacey1977 Member Posts: 36
    Options

My favourite bird is a robin because it means when one is there a loved one who you lost is close by It makes me think that my best friend is by my side which brings a smile to my face

DTPBM

Have a hobby they enjoy?

• Fran54
    Options

Talking of birds, my favourite hobby is birdwatching. It has many benefits such as being outside, gentle exercise and helps with my mental wellbeing.

DTPBM

Have a favourite holiday destination?

• stacey1977
    stacey1977 Member Posts: 36
    Options

My favourite holiday destination is Devon

I have been going there since I was a child and now it's great that I can share that experience with my children I enjoy the lovely sandy beaches with the rock pools and the lovely little towns dotted around I never get tired of crab fishing or just paddling in the sea

DTPBM

Have a favourite film they enjoy watching

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,628
    Options

Nope I only watch films once!

Sorry I am so boring😳

DTPBM like gardening?

• frogmorton
    Options

Yes love it even if it is harder work these days it is so good for my mental health.

DTPBM prefer coffee or tea?

• Fran54
    Options

I hope people don't mind me replying again.

I definitely prefer coffee to tea. I have to have my daily Latte coffee fix in the morning, which helps to set me up for the rest of the day.

I do drink tea, but only herbal ( fruit and camomile ).🍵

• Fran54
    Options

Sorry forgot to add

DTPBM have a favourite flavoured ice-cream?

• frogmorton
    Options

@Fran54

Reply as often as you like! I do coffee am tea pm.

I am vegan and my favourite is swedish glacé its just like a posh vanilla

DTPBM have a pet?

• crinkly
    crinkly Member Posts: 148
    Options

Yes - a big black, funny retired racing greyhound. She's the most laid-back and devoted dog we could wish for with great manners, loves going out in the car and has the ultimate immodest way of relaxing - laid on her back on her own special sofa with all four legs in the air. She and our grandson, who lives nearby, adore each other; she needs little daily walking but loves to race round the garden from time to time and makes us laugh every single day.

After a lifetime of having everything from gerbils through hens, ducks and numerous cats to horses we would not be without a pet and Pearl, our second adopted greyhound, is perfect for us now. Sadly she is beginning to slow down with age so we make the most of every day with her and are always thankful that she shares our life.

DTPBM also have a special pet dog?