Should I stop taking Naproxen etc. after hydrocortisone?

Morning everyone! I had my first hydrocortisone injection this morning in my hip, and stupidly I forgot to ask the hospital staff if I should stop taking Naproxen and paracetamol (which I've been taking daily for about a year due to near constant pain). I presume the answer is yes, I should stop taking them, otherwise the effect (or otherwise) of the injection might be masked, but I'd appreciate advice from anyone here who's had hydrocortisone. Thanks!

Answers

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,455

The NHS leaflet on Hydrocortisone jabs is - https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/hydrocortisone-injections/ cautions with other meds is included at Section 7.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Administrator Posts: 681

@rozwalsh

I think the best thing to do is to ask your chemist to speak to the pharmacist and ask them to set you straight. I've had a number of injections and haven't been told to stop any meds - I'm not on the same as you but I do take a similar one. It's also good if you can rest for a couple of days so the liquid has time to work on the area where it's needed

Take care

Yvonne x