For those who’ve been vaccinated, any ill effects pls?

Options
13»

Comments

• RAcovidVaccine
    Options

I have similar reaction. Also 3rd day after 1st jab. I m RA not under medication. Funny enough the vaccine is like testing my body with a bit 9f Covid symptoms(I don't have any before vaccine ) Cough, Sneeze, headache, tired, joint pain,the most annoying is something tickling on my heart which I feel concerned and stop doing everything and relax myself. Today, l did a bit of scooting and 30 minutes and seems this is the limit to me atm as feeling a bit of pain on ankle. Hopefully 2nd jab will be fine.

I will expect my RA will go worse a bit but not too much. I think it's better to take it when you are stable or consult your GP if concerned,

• chrisb
    chrisb Moderator Posts: 680
    Options

Hi @RAcovidVaccine

Welcome to the Versus Arthritis forum.

I see that you have already engaged in this vaccination discussion and shared your experience, which is great.

Regarding side effects this you may find this link relevant:

I hope you find having joined the forum of benefit.

Best Wishes

ChrisB(Moderator)

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46
    Options

I last sent a comment on 18 May when I was accepting after effects of Pfizer jab. Since then we had a hot spell and a heat rash developed. this heat rash has never gone and I've been diagnosed with an allergic reaction to the Pfizer jab - I can't find anyone else who has this problem; the treatment so far is one anti-histamine tablet a day and a variety of emollients - my skin has dried out and my backside skin feels like an elephant hide. The surgery will get back to me on 12 July. The rash keeps me awake at night and I could scratch myself to bits - but don't - a question of gritting my teeth, finding something to take my mind off the itch and trying to control daily panic attacks. Would someone please tell me to trust my surgery's diagnosis and be patient. I admit I'm a health anxiety freak - it's being alone and housebound for so long. But hey - get things in proportion Duffer - plenty of folks are struggling with something a bit more than osteo pain and an itch! Yes! Duffer.

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,740
    Options

That sounds very odd @duffer . I'm obviously neither dermatologist nor immunologist, but I did a quick Google on the subject of skin rashes following pFizer jabs and they mainly only speak of a rash round the injection site. I'm assuming you had yours in your arm rather than your backside (!) so the more universal rash would suggest it may be something else, and the timing may simply be a coincidence.

Have you changed medications recently, ie just before the rash appeared? My mother had a similar reaction to pills she was taking for acid reflux (eg omeprazole and ranitidine), and it took a while to work out what was happening. Like you, she felt like tearing her skin off. There may be other meds that cause a similar reaction in some people. Mind you, I've had that effect with heat rashes as well, and it's wretched. It went away once the weather cooled down, but I found cold water was best for immediate relief. You could try an over the counter aqueous cream from your pharmacy would help meanwhile.

Hopefully you will know more once you've spoken to your GP on 12 July.

• duffer
    duffer Member Posts: 46
    Options

Hello Lilymary - I too suspect the jab isn't the root cause but these days dare not challenge what a Nurse Practitioner says! I have to bear with it for the moment. Interestingly she took me right off one my blood pressure pills as well which I've been on for years - who knows what to think! so......what with the itch and the OA pain I get a bit fed up with myself. And then I read some of these posts and think what a Duffer I am - it's nothing compared to the suffering of some! So - Lilymary thank you for taking the trouble to reply. Love to everyone. Duffer.

• danh77
    danh77 Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi everyone, I’m Dan, 44, I’ve been suffering from RA for 16 years now mainly in my wrists and some fingers and it’s been pretty well under control with ibuprofen and hydroxychloroquine. I had the 2nd Astra Zeneca jab 3 weeks ago and am still suffering from a flare up I’ve never suffered before. Some Fatigue, pain and swelling in previously unaffected joints, generally aching. Worried if I’m being honest as it’s 3 weeks now. Anyone else who can relate to a similar reaction?

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211
    Options

Hi @danh77 firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have had RA for a long time but that you are worried that you have had a flare up as a result of being vaccinated for COVID-19.

The site is full of information and conversations like the one you have commented too. I wanted to signpost you to our latest advice around the vaccines and arthritis.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks

Joe

• LizB12
    LizB12 Member Posts: 38
    Options

Hi@Scrummycake As a new member I am browsing this forum and noticed your post. I had the first Pfizer jab in May and had numbness in my cheek and neck for about an hour as well as a very sore arm. I reported it on the yellow card. I only had it slightly with the second jab. I hope that what people say about reactions are right, that our immune systems are working. Take care

• Nodules
    Nodules Member Posts: 4
    Options

Had no issues with Psa prior to COVID booster jab, although Psa is in the family. Since then have developed psoriasis and arthritis

awaiting results from blood tests at the moment , although I have no doubts about the outcome.

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

Hello @Nodules and welcome to the community. We are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that you will find that as well.

I understand that you have psoriatic arthritis and and are awaiting results of your blood tests. In the meantime can I suggest that you have a look at our website as it contains a lot of useful information that you might find of interest. I've put a couple of links in below to help.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you are getting on and I am sure that others will connect with you to share their experiences and support

With very best wishes

Peter (moderator)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm