RA spreading quickly

Hi I stopped taking methotrexate a month ago because I thought it was causing my dizziness,brain fog and overall unwell feeling. I only took it for 2 weeks. I was told a nurse would call me about another option but my RA is getting out of hand it has spread in the last 2 weeks to new areas of my body it wasn’t before. My right hip, left knee and jaw. My neck is also really achy especially in the morning. I feel like I have the flu everyday and I’ve lost my appetite so I’ve gone down a dress size. I’m so desperate I thought I should start taking the methotrexate again because I’m so scared because my RA is spreading. I was never provided a number for my nurse so I can’t contact her and I’m really desperate for help. I think I should start taking the methotrexate and folic acid again because my condition is deteriorating everyday. I feel really ill everyday I’ve been to the doctors 3 times and they say apart from my RA there’s nothing to be concerned about. Can I start taking it again? Has anyone else experienced this I feel so helpless.

Comments

• Poppyjane
    Poppyjane Moderator Posts: 734

Hi there @Becca22 ,

I am sorry to hear that you are having a really anxious time. Your Rheumatology team are the key people to advise you on your medication. If you felt that methotrexate did not suit you and increased your anxiety level then they will be able to prescribe an alternative medication . Living with arthritis can affect us all in different ways and it takes time to adjust to the physical and emotional upheaval that it brings to us. You are right to ask for support from the community because there are members whose experiences will be similar to yours, meanwhile I attach a link which I hope will find useful.

If it would help to talk to someone the Helpline is open Monday - Friday 9.00 - 6.00.

Take Care

Poppyjane

If it would be helpful to talk to someone ring the Helpline 0800 5200 520

Monday - Friday 9.00a.m. - 6.00p.m.