Biologics next day side effects

Psa_Nat
Psa_Nat Member Posts: 2
edited 7. Feb 2022, 19:27 in Say Hello

Hi!

New to the community but long time PsA warrior!

I have been on various biologics such as Humira and etanercept but wondering what people have noticed or consider normal side effects that comes as part of these therapies!

For me, I seem to always experience a high pain day/ moving is significantly harder the day after I take my injection. Is this normal ?! Has anyone else noticed this or should I be worried?

Intrigued to hear your thoughts!

Sending love and best wishes to all!

Nat

Comments

• jeddison1985
    jeddison1985 Member Posts: 211

Hi @Psa_Nat firstly let me welcome you to the forum I hope you find the information and support you are after from our wonderful community.

I can see from your post that you have had PSA for a long time but that you are worried about the side effects of biologics and want other experiences. Firstly, I can give you my personal experience having been on Humira (Adalimumab) for over 10 years, I have had not had any side effects. They have been an absolute life saver for me and have even enable me to be in remission for my Ankylosing Spondylitis. Obviously they affect everyone else differently and I may have just been lucky to not experience any side effects.

The site is full of information and I want to signpost you to a couple of links about biologic therapy and in particular side effects.

Please feel free to search the forum for others with similar experiences and I am sure that some of our community will be able to help offer some useful suggestions.

Take care and I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks

Joe

• Jade_E
    Jade_E Member Posts: 4

Hi , I’ve been on entanercept for a few years now after not doing so well on methotrexate. I’m comparison I have significantly less side effects. Just feel sleepy afterwards and a bit sluggish and have a headache the next day but nothing to discomforting symptom wise. This drug did actually help me achieve remission for 6months unfortunately I did come out of it but I’d still say I have a much better quality of life thanks to this drug.

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Administrator Posts: 1,128

Hi @Jade_E

Welcome to the Online Community, it's great to see you here. You have landed on your feet and running with your first 2 posts being those to help others members where you can. That really is the beauty of this community, you can get real life information which just can't be found elsewhere.

I see you have JIA and I think you are a student? That is fantastic and will help lots of others who are studying to see that it can be achieved.

There is little I can offer you by way of help for yourself, but you may be interested in the research that Versus Arthritis is involved in at the moment - check this out

Looking forward to seeing you around,

Take care

Yvonne x

Who's Online

3 Guests