Traffic lights - what colour is yours today?

Options

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

@Baloo

I have a lump ony left wrist in the outer edge. Nothing improves it apart from when I take my watch off. Never been told what it is..

@movingslowly

Hope you feel better tomorrow. Hope we all have a good week.

Love n hugs

Trish xxx

• Trish9556
    Options

It's a floor night. Deep reds s nothing is giving me relief and I can't even sleep tonight.

It's going to be a long day

Trish xxxx

• movingslowly
    movingslowly Member Posts: 64
    Options

sending you hugs @Trish9556 It's complete pants when there's no let up or respite. Here's hoping you're not deepest red for the entire day and rest/sleep comes for you.

It's still amber for me. Amber and a job interview. I don't imagine I'm going to walk out with a job but I'll turn up anyway 🙂

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi @movingslowly

Thank you.

I hope your interview went well and you were successful? Sometimes having a distraction like that takes your mind off your pain levels. Either way I hope you're feeling better?

Tramadol didn't work for me last night and only managed a couple if hours. Was definitely floor time. Had a PJ day which I don't like do ng but hey ho. Not slept today so hopefully will do later but I'll double up on tramadol when I go to bed.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• movingslowly
    movingslowly Member Posts: 64
    Options

@Trish9556 Morning 🙂

Here's hoping the tram' took the edge off for you and you're rested?

🚦Green for me today and a determination for continuation.

Wishing all a good day 🥰

• Trish9556
    Options

@movingslowly

Well it's 08:41 and I have just woken up! Not moved yet so don't know where I am

Off to se the respiratory consultant today and I hope they can give me something positive from the myriad of tests before Christmas

Love n hugs to all

Trish xx

• TLee
    TLee Member Posts: 88
    Options

I do like this idea, and agree that the color can change from one day to the next, or even several times in one day. Yesterday was amber, moving to green early on--a warmer day here in Ohio after a cold snap and I decided to get out for a walk in a favorite park. Walked too far, definite red by the time I got home & fell onto my bed. Woke this morning with the pain back to the usual, almost bearable, level. Staying at amber & not walking far today.

• Trish9556
    Options

hi @TLee

I always describe my pain in traffic lights as URS so hard to answer them in terms of numbers. There's too wide a level with numbers but if I tell my doctor I'm stuck at the red traffic lights then he knows my pain is bad

Been green today so I'm happy

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• slinks
    slinks Member Posts: 8
    Options

Definitely a "meh" day today, under a weather front so grey damp sky, grey damp mood. I go green when it's bright and sunny!

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi@slinks

I think bright and sunny does us all good.

Green here so far today, just stiff as hell !

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Trish9556
    Options

Afternoon all

Well after a battle and a snotty email from me I finally got the results if my hip x-ray for my right hip. The drs had only been sitting on it since 29 January and hadn't even looked at it

So joy of joys I know have two aubergines hips.

To top that the Dr obviously had not read my notes and tried to prescribe anti inflammatories, especially the bit that says cannot have anti inflammatory drugs!!!

Then he tried to tell me I couldn't have tramadol on repeat.....imagine how blue the air got at this stage....

Anyway, the other hip is behaving so far but I think I might need two sets of traffic lights when it does starts misbehaving!!

Hope everyone else is having a good day

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• movingslowly
    Options

I've found that a lot @Trish9556

Glad to read of your insistence 🙂

🚦Green for me.

I find myself at a loose end today. I'm not familiar with having nothing to do. It feels strange.

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi @movingslowly

I am a Taurean and typical of my star sign I am a force to be reckoned with and I don't suffer fools and those that think I don't know what I'm talking about when I do. I was, until I retired, a PA with a reputation of being organised and getting things done so if people don't do what they're supposed to do in a timely manner and properly, they get a rocket!

I'm glad you're having a green day and beign at a loose end you can do those things that you would love to do if you weren't deepest darkest red only the nicer things in life like baking chocolate caramel shortbread....been meaning to make this for ages. I'm currently mid amber and only there thanks to Mr Tramadol!

Alternatively just chill and enjoy the relaxation :)

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Trish9556
    Options

Definitely a red day today after a weekend if grandchildren but I was very good and didn't resort to the floor at 4 this morning. Took over husbands sofa instead lol.

I must eat back to using my pain diary... got sio used to painful days it could turn into a no pain diary lol

Hope everyone else is having a painless day.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• movingslowly
    Options

🚦still green - creeping along towards amber but still green 🙂

Hope you're okay @Trish9556 There's nothing quite like curious grandchildren as a distraction 🙂

• Trish9556
    Options

Struggling today @movingslowly. So tired and not even the tram and tens are working xx

• Trish9556
    Options

After a relatively green /amber few days I'm back in the wide awake floor club and deep red just in time for my foraminotomy tomorrow, the advantage of which is I'll be on heavy pain relief and assisted by physios who may offer help with everything else lol. Had another tramadol so maybe I might get some sleep!!!

I know I should floor but it's comfy!!

Live n hugs

Trish xx

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,633
    Options

Wishing you luck for your procedure @Trish9556 🤞

Best wishes

Ellen.

• Trish9556
    Options

Thanks @Ellen

Had a phone call at lunchtime to say yes, you can pass go and collect £200 and less than two hours later I land in go to jail, do not pass go and do not collect £200

Apparently the theatre generator is broken and struggling to fix it.

Absolutely gutted and fed up

Trish xx

• TLee
    Options

Been stuck at red for a few days. Not so much the pain, but the fatigue! I'm feeling very down as well--hard to tell which comes first: Am I depressed because I have no energy or do I lack energy because I'm depressed?! I have dealt with depression forever, but it definitely seems to be worse now that pain and physical limitations make me feel so old and decrepit! My main problem just now is my back, after spending a couple days & nights looking after my "grand-cats". My daughter's furniture, including the bed, seem not to be made for my body. Now that I'm home, I decided that I'll give myself some time to just rest and try to get back to normal. I sure hope that happens soon, because I'm a mess!

• Trish9556
    edited 21. Feb 2023, 21:46
    Options

Hi @TLee

I'm with you with the fatigue.

After a horrendous night I'm feeling much better, however I am constantly also knackered as well and often just sit down and wham bang I'm snoring my head off and can't stay awake. I can understand your depression due to the lack of energy too. Maybe there's a connection? Not sure..I haven't changed my meds that much, my gabapentin. Has been upped and I only take my Tramadol when I need it. So what's the answer? Why are we so tired? I wish I knew.

If you find out let me know

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Trish9556
    Options

No green amber or red, I'm in hell and on fire. A tramadol day. Dont care what the docs said. 2 every four or six hours as needed. Not one every 6. First Dr said I can take 2 at 4/6 hourly intervals as long as no more than why do they all say different things? Why can't they see pain?

• TLee
    Options

Bless your heart--hope you get some rest & relief. I'm creeping back to an amber shade after almost a week of feeling pretty awful. I was going to say that I wish doctors here in the states were not so reluctant to prescribe effective pain meds, but I have sort of an addictive personality so maybe just as well! I noticed my home remedy of a stiff drink or two on bad days was becoming a stiff drink or five, so even that is no longer an option 😑 Feel better!

• Trish9556
    Options

@TLee

Alcohol is never the answer - especially with the meds we're all on, it will stop them from working properly and make you feel even worse!

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• TLee
    Options

Not to mention the effect of alcohol (a depressant) on someone who may already be dealing with depression. Not good!