Traffic lights - what colour is yours today?

Options
124»

Comments

• Trish9556
    Trish9556 Member Posts: 529
    Options

Back on the floor in the wide awake club again on red. Had a good few days too 😟

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Lilymary
    Lilymary Member Posts: 1,742
    edited 2. Mar 2023, 00:34
    Options

I decided washing down all my opioid pain killers with alcohol was a bit too “rock and roll” for me and not wanting to end up a female version of a Keith Richards, gave the booze a miss.

My light’s on amber/red this week, my nearly 2 year old “new” hip is still problematic - somehow my psoas tendon got wrecked (the one that lifts your knee) and the latest experimental treatment hasn’t worked, so I’ve still only got 1.5 working legs. While I can do some longish walks now, and even sit on a horse, I can’t lift my knee any higher than necessary to go up stairs, have to lift it in and out of bed or the car, and still go through contortions getting dressed. Nerve pain wakes me up at night, and now my other hip is sulking. Add to that a bout with norovirus that had us calling the emergency doc out, a cold that was worse than the covid I got last year, falling flat on my face in the road leaving me with a knee the size of a football, putting my back out picking up a toothbrush (!j which put me flat out for 3 days and adds another 15 mins to my physio routine. and now stomach pains that had me doubled up half the night (bloods and ultrasound imminent), 2023 isn’t shaping up too well right now.

• Trish9556
    Options

Oh bless you @Lilymary

Why is it when things go wrong they do so big style. I'm so sorry you're suffering like this at the moment. I hope they manage to give you some relief sooner rather than later. You must feel like you've been run over by a steam roller. Stomach cramps are awful at the best of times and when you have everything else at the same time it feels like the final straw. I have diverticulitis and I have found that I'm reaching for the immodium instants a lit more than I have been lately. Not sure if it's all the other meds that are causing it or not.

You can always let off steam in this thread and if you need to then please pm me. I'm always lurking and will reply asap if you need an ear/shoulder. I can't do real hugs but I am sending you lots if virtual hugs and lots of love.

Trish xxxx

• Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202
    Options

Hope you feel better soon @Lilymary 💐xx

• Tiggerkaz
    Tiggerkaz Member Posts: 4
    Options

On Amber today.

My lower back and my left hand are aching a fair amount.

Trying to pace myself today, but it isn't easy when I am trying to help my mum (who lost her husband nearly 2 weeks ago).

Going back home on Saturday, and then my husband can look after me for a couple of days.

That way I should be able to resume my motherly duties, come Monday morning.

• Trish9556
    Options

Hi @Tiggerkaz

Nice to meet another Tigger fan! Sorry to hear about your mum's husband.

My hands used to be the worst but now they're not too bad but can be really bad some days. Have you tried fingerless gloves and hot hands? I buy hot them in bulk and slip them inside my gloves when they're bad. You can buy different types but I find these ones best for me.

I started green this morning albeit very stiff but slowly creeping up.

Love n hugs

Trish xx

• Trish9556
    Options

Morning all

Well my hip has been behaving the last few days and I'm hoping it continues but I'm not going to hold my breath, especially as the weather is getting a lot colder with snow on the radar :(

The snow is predicted to hit us on Tuesday and I am dreading waking up at 5 finding it has materialised. My Foraminotomy has been rescheduled for Tuesday and we have to drive to the Nuffield Orthopaedic in Oxford for 7 am. Although it's only about 17 miles it normally takes about an hour to get there so please keep everything crossed for me :)

Hope everyone else is doing ok?

Love n hugs

Trish xxx

• Trish9556
    Options

Hip 5 Sleep 2 last night which is good in a way as I have my assessment with the physio later. Definitely red today.

I've waited for this appointment since December and thought I might have to postpone it after my foraminotomy two weeks ago but my surgeon was happy for it to go ahead. The stitches that have been annoying me for the last week are also coming out this morning and that has to help with general discomfort.

Fingers crossed for a good result from the physio.

Love n hugs

Trish xx