Work has offered us a wellbeing hour once a week so I chose the gym.
The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to obtain multiple repetitions of action on those machines, compared to just shuffling around on my feet. A great relief to begin with but it wasn't to be that simple.
The turning circle on the bicycle turned out to be too big for my legs so I left it for now.
The rowing machine was ace, but I ended up with a shoulder flare up. After 40 days of trying to figure out why, it turns out I was straining my arms getting in and out of bed. Duh, but now I know whats what, I can do something about it.
That leaves the leg press. I'm up to 40kg 40reps and can begin to feel the lack of lube in my knees so I think I might have to stick at around 30kg. All I want is some painless movement for a change, and its like a breath of fresh air.
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 334 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 269 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe