Hello, I'm new here.

Options
Sooze
Sooze Member Posts: 12
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:11 in Living with arthritis

Hi my name is Sooze and I'm living with arthritis. Four years ago I had my right hip replaced, the improvement was amazing. Now though, the arthritis is in my left shoulder. I can no longer move my arm properly and it's impacting so much on the simple things like brushing my hair. My mental health is taking a battering. Sorry I didn't mean to be so negative. 😕

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,463
    Options

Morning @Sooze

Lovely to say Hi to you and welcome you to our community.

I hope you are getting some help with that shoulder? I know how excruciating they can be, mine sometimes give me gyp, but only when having a flare and generally settles down again.

My own daughter had hers replaced at 19 though after damage from childhood cancer treatment, mostly oral steroids. I do hope yours will be treatable in time.

Sending some ((()))

Toni x

• Sooze
    Sooze Member Posts: 12
    Options

Hi Toni, or should I call you frogmorton?I hope you have had a lovely weekend. Thank you for the welcome it's nice to meet you. I'm going to try and book an appointment with my GP this week, I need to tell him about my shoulder. I tried to see him last week but was told the triage team had closed early. I haven't seen a doctor since covid started.🥺

Thank you for the ((()))

Sue x ((()))