Bodged Op

Ederner Member Posts: 13
edited 1. Feb 2024, 14:44 in Chat to our Helpline Team

Hi All,

Not sure if anyone would be able to help. I had an guided steroid injection in both hands at the end of October.

This particular operation didn't go as it should. Without going into to much detail it went wrong from the start. My local pals were worse than useless and the answer was basically we will learn lessons in the future.

My question is, how would I go about taking the hospital to court? Are there any particular solicitors that people would recommend? Please inbox me with those as I'm not sure if names are allowed in here.

Please also understand that I don't want to do this, but because if the damage caused, I need some extra support and I want to make sure others don't struggle the way I have.

I just don't really know where to start and the are so many companies out there that I don't want to use a bad one.



  • helpline_team
    helpline_team Posts: 3,420
    edited 1. Feb 2024, 16:47

    Hi @Ederner

    Thank you for your posting on the forum. I am sorry to hear that this operation went wrong and that PALS were unhelpful. I can understand the need for extra support and your concern that others do not struggle the way you have. I’m afraid we do not recommend any particular solicitors for legal advice. 

    You may try an organisation such as Voiceability. They are a charity who support people to be heard in decisions about their health, care and wellbeing. They are a provider of NHS complaints advocacy and involvement services. You can also contact Healthwatch who have information about complaints about the NHS and may be able to advise you further. I have put links to these and another organisation that may be of help to you below.

    I hope that this information is helpful to you and that you find the support that you need. 

    Best Wishes


    Helpline Advisor


  • Ederner
    Ederner Member Posts: 13

    Brilliant thank you! Apologies about the late reply,