Arthritis based TMD

Hello,

I am 39 and am looking to connect with other people who have arthritis in their jaw. I have had arthrocentesis, steroid injections and wear a splint but I have found no releif.

I feel very alone and am desperate to meet other people with arthritis specifically in their jaw to get advice or just hear how you are doing.

I hope to hear from you soon!

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,733

Hello @Chloe85 welcome to online community.

Arthritis in the jaw is definitely not a regular one discussed here, but I have found this for you after doing a quick search:

@Lozza2307 's post is very recent so they probably are still active and may see this post of yours and you could support each other.

I can see from your post that you are feeling very alone with your Arthritis. I hope, now that you have joined the online community, you will feel much less isolated.

Just in case it might be helpful I am just going to pop in some information about low mood - it is an understandable issue for a lot of us who have long term conditions such as Arthritis:

My best wishes Chloe I hope you will decide to keep posting.

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,791

Good morning @Chloe85 lovely to meet you☺️

I am so sorry you are struggling so much at the moment. I honestly think the jaw is a pretty awful place to have arthritis. I had it only once during a flare it was dreadful my mouth got stuck only slightly open.

There are quite a few old discussions I think Ellen found them for you, but jaws are not as regular as hips and knees as you can probably imagine.

I hope you feel much less alone now you have posted. Pain is pain and everyone here understand that. Sending you some ((()))

Take care

Toni x