Looking for social support

Lopati
Lopati Member Posts: 4

My PsA has found me living quite an isolated life. I struggle just to get through the day at work and there’s not much left to give after that. But I understand that if I continue to isolate I will have more stress and cope less and less with the pain. It’s such a perpetual cycle. So I’m reaching out for a hello, just to feel that I’m not alone, and maybe you are feeling like this too? So hello to everyone👋🏼

Comments

• Eeyore
    Eeyore Member Posts: 8

Hello Lopati

I am a new member with R.A. and already have found a lot of comfort from others on this forum. I feel more positive and it's just great to know that I am not alone, and others know how I feel. I am fortunate in that I am retired so do not have to juggle work and I have a loving and helpful husband but even so I get very down at times but a quick trawl though this forum gets me on the right track again. I'm glad you've found us, everyone here is very helpful. Best wishes.

• PJoanne
    PJoanne Moderator Posts: 122

Hello @Lopati

I too often struggle through the day at work and have little energy for social activities. I am lucky enough to have been able to find work that is one day on one day off, so this gives me a rest day, which is helping me a lot. I have found reframing all of my activities into 'what i must do' (earn a living), what I would like to do and what can wait helpful for me. For example I don't bother putting the hoover around very much. Yes it's not to everyone's liking but it leaves me energy for something I enjoy.

There might be something near you?

Best Joanne

Need more help - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Yes I find the same ,work is a struggle and so is doing things you enjoy,you have to plan if you can get parked nearby etc where abouts are you based