Rinvoq - just received 1st delivery

Hi, I ve received my 1st delivery of Rinvoq ( upadacitinib) & I’m really nervous about starting it. Each time I’ve been given info the side effects seem worse, very worrying and very common. I’ve been very lucky so far with the variety of medications that I’ve been on and only really the last one which was a problem with my liver.

I know that the vast majority of us have to weigh up the pros and cons in these situations but it’s so difficult to take the plunge. Knowing how expensive this packet of tablets is, I fell guilty to have reached this point and still feel anxious about taking it.

Any thoughts or experience with Rinvoq would be welcomed. Thanks x

Comments

• Naomi33
    Naomi33 Moderator Posts: 385

Good morning @Feltyclare and welcome to the online community.

Sorry to hear your concerns about taking Rinvoq and side effects. Have you discussed your concerns with your doctor or pharmacists ?? I like you had problem with liver after taking MTX so am apprehensive so question everything and research everything that is offered.

Sadly everyone is different and what suits one person does not suit others so it is a matter of trial and error for us but do sincerely sympathize😘

I attach some information about it and hope that it helps your understanding

https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/treatments/drugs/upadacitinib/

If you click on to the magnifying glass ,top right and put in JAK or Rinvoq you will see some discussions from members which I hope you will find helpful.

Best wishes @Naomi33

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm