Whatever happend to Mary Poppins?

NinaKKang
NinaKKang Member Posts: 663
edited 5. Jun 2011, 15:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
The story of Mary Poppins as a nanny is well known. Less well-known is her subsequent tale....

She traveled to Hollywood, where she opened a shop on Sunset Boulevard as a fortune-teller. Of course we already know she has supernatural powers, so it's no surprise that she was quite skilled in fortune-telling, and her reputation grew rapidly.

She continued to tell fortunes, and found that in particular, she always received a very strong premonition whenever someone was about to have an onset of bad breath. Her predictions of this turned out to be accurate 100% of the time. In order to publicise her success at this, she had a large sign placed above her door, which read:

Wait for it

You'll love this

Honestly, it's great

"Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis"

Nxx :D

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    DOHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Slapped forehead there Nina :wink:

which one of the kids told you that one?
  • NinaKKang
    Um, Toni - I was sent it by a friend :D My kids groaned when they heard it too but I just love jokes which are plays on words!

Nxx
  • queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    Just read this Nina :lol::lol::lol: Thank you so much for making me Laugh :lol::lol:
    Sue xx
  • prefabkid47
    prefabkid47 Member Posts: 1,316
    NinaKKang wrote:
    The story of Mary Poppins as a nanny is well known. Less well-known is her subsequent tale....

She traveled to Hollywood, where she opened a shop on Sunset Boulevard as a fortune-teller. Of course we already know she has supernatural powers, so it's no surprise that she was quite skilled in fortune-telling, and her reputation grew rapidly.

She continued to tell fortunes, and found that in particular, she always received a very strong premonition whenever someone was about to have an onset of bad breath. Her predictions of this turned out to be accurate 100% of the time. In order to publicise her success at this, she had a large sign placed above her door, which read:

Wait for it

You'll love this

Honestly, it's great

"Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis"

Nxx :D

I can remember a book written by Willie Rushton called 'Super Pig (1976).In it he gives a long spiel the outcome being the chap had written a shopping list viz.
    Soup
    A cauli
    Fridge
    Elastic
    Eggs
    Peas
    Halitosis

Must see if still available,great read....................... :lol::lol::lol:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • NinaKKang
    Brilliant! LOL

Nxx