Hi, Welcome!

The community is a safe space for people living with and connected to arthritis to ask questions and share experiences. Get started by registering here and posting your first comment or question!

Sign In with a Versus Arthritis account

Whatever happend to Mary Poppins?

NinaKKangNinaKKang Posts: 663
edited 5. Jun 2011, 15:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
The story of Mary Poppins as a nanny is well known. Less well-known is her subsequent tale....

She traveled to Hollywood, where she opened a shop on Sunset Boulevard as a fortune-teller. Of course we already know she has supernatural powers, so it's no surprise that she was quite skilled in fortune-telling, and her reputation grew rapidly.

She continued to tell fortunes, and found that in particular, she always received a very strong premonition whenever someone was about to have an onset of bad breath. Her predictions of this turned out to be accurate 100% of the time. In order to publicise her success at this, she had a large sign placed above her door, which read:

Wait for it

You'll love this

Honestly, it's great

"Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis"

Nxx :D

Comments

• tjt6768tjt6768 Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • frogmortonfrogmorton Posts: 25,783 ✭✭✭
    DOHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Slapped forehead there Nina :wink:

which one of the kids told you that one?
    Love

Toni xxx
  • NinaKKangNinaKKang Posts: 663
    Um, Toni - I was sent it by a friend :D My kids groaned when they heard it too but I just love jokes which are plays on words!

Nxx
  • queenfanqueenfan Posts: 652
    Just read this Nina :lol::lol::lol: Thank you so much for making me Laugh :lol::lol:
    Sue xx
  • prefabkid47prefabkid47 Posts: 1,314
    NinaKKang wrote:
    The story of Mary Poppins as a nanny is well known. Less well-known is her subsequent tale....

She traveled to Hollywood, where she opened a shop on Sunset Boulevard as a fortune-teller. Of course we already know she has supernatural powers, so it's no surprise that she was quite skilled in fortune-telling, and her reputation grew rapidly.

She continued to tell fortunes, and found that in particular, she always received a very strong premonition whenever someone was about to have an onset of bad breath. Her predictions of this turned out to be accurate 100% of the time. In order to publicise her success at this, she had a large sign placed above her door, which read:

Wait for it

You'll love this

Honestly, it's great

"Super California Mystic Expert Halitosis"

Nxx :D

I can remember a book written by Willie Rushton called 'Super Pig (1976).In it he gives a long spiel the outcome being the chap had written a shopping list viz.
    Soup
    A cauli
    Fridge
    Elastic
    Eggs
    Peas
    Halitosis

Must see if still available,great read....................... :lol::lol::lol:
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy''. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
  • NinaKKangNinaKKang Posts: 663
    Brilliant! LOL

Nxx