Another death in the family

stickywicket
stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
edited 3. Aug 2013, 15:39 in Living with Arthritis archive
Dreamdaisy has asked me to let you all know that she will be unable to be on the forum as much as usual. She heard this evening that her cousin had died suddenly and unexpectedly. He had played the organ for her mother's recent funeral and had seemed in good health so this will be another tough blow for all the family.
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
Steven Wright

Comments

• LignumVitae
    LignumVitae Member Posts: 1,972
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Thank you for letting us know SW.

Oh DD I am so so sorry to hear this news. You have had to deal with far too many tribulations of late. I send you my deepest sympathies and much love.
    (((((((()))))))) LV xx
    Hey little fighter, things will get brighter
  • lily
    lily Member Posts: 160
    DD

Thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time

Lily x
  • Susiesoo
    Susiesoo Member Posts: 358
    Thank you, Stickywicket.

Dreamdaisy, I am so terribly sorry to hear this sad news. I send deepest condolences to you and your family. I know you will find the strength to deal with this, hard though it will be. I will be thinking of you.

Susie
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    Thanks for letting us know Sticky,this is going to be a major set back and blow for DD.
    DD our thoughts are with you .(((())))
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    So sorry to hear your sad news, DD.

Thinking about you.

Meg
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Sorry to hear your sad news DD.
    xx
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Am so very sorry to hear your sad news DD. My thoughts are with you. Beryl
  • ouchpotato
    ouchpotato Member Posts: 453
    DD, I am so sorry to hear that. No words to say but my thoughts are with you

x
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Thanks Sticky

DD I am so sorry to hear this sad news, you haven't had it very easy this last year. I am so glad that you have a lovely OH to help you get through and you have all of us here as well, my condolences to you and your family ((((())))) and lots of love.......................Marie xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    So sad to hear this , DD , wish I could support you through it .
    Jillyb
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,899
    Thank you Sticky
    hello DD i'm so sorry about your sad news. take care
    ((((((((DD))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • maria09
    maria09 Member Posts: 1,905
    Thank you SW
    Oh DD I'm so sorry to hear your sad news
    Will be thinking of you
    (((( ))))
    Maria
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Thank you everyone, and thank you Sticky for posting on my behalf.. The entire family is in utter shock. His body is with the Coroner, the PM will be done next Monday or Tuesday. His son, who is in his mid-thirties, has disappeared - he hasn't contacted anyone but did post a message on FB asking for help (this was how the family found out that his father had died). My cousin had Aspergers and his son has some similarities to his late father - we are worried about him.

I'm back doing that whole floating round the house thing, stopping and staring at nothing in particular. I keep crying. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    (((((()))))) Mig
  • villier
    villier Member Posts: 4,426
    Me too ((((()))))xx
    Smile a while and while you smile
    smile another smile and soon there
    will be miles and miles of smiles
    just because you smiled I wish your
    day is full of Smiles
  • Megrose489
    Megrose489 Member Posts: 776
    Oh DD. And from me ((((()))))

Meg
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Sorry to hear you have lost your Cousin so soon after losing your Dear Mum. I do hope his Son has someone to help him through this too poor lad,

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • fowls48
    fowls48 Member Posts: 1,357
    DD Sorry For your loss .

Will be thinking of you .

xxxx((()))) Fowls
  • DebbieT
    DebbieT Member Posts: 1,033
    My deepest sympathies DD. I hope you'll be ok. I think that floaty thing is a defence mechanism that occurs wen we're in shock!! You can talk or rant about the injustice of life & loss to us at anytime if it will help in any way.
    I hope your 2nd cousin is located safe & well. It's all such a worry. I'm so sorry.
    ((((DD)))) xxx
    Healing Hugs
    Debbie.x
  • kentishlady
    kentishlady Member Posts: 809
    Am thinking of you DD. Do hope you have news of your second cousin soon. Life does get rather hard at times, doesn't it. Take care of yourself. Beryl. (((())))
  • phoenixoxo
    phoenixoxo Member Posts: 625
    I'm so sorry, (((DD)))

Best wishes,
    Phee
    PsA (psoriatic arthritis) and other things since 1990. Happy to help when I can :-)
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Thanks for letting us know Stickey. And oh dear DD. I am so sorry. You are having it really tough over the last so many months. My heart goes out to you and your family. Sending some big hugs. (((())))
    Karen xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    DD, I am so very sorry. You and your family have been through so much lately. I really hope that your cousins son is ok.

Take care and (((hugs)))
  • applerose
    applerose Member Posts: 3,621
    Oh DD, I'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. What a shock. I'm not surprised you feel as you do. I really do hope someone finds your cousin's son and he can be helped through this. Love to you and your family. (((hugs)))
    Christine
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Once again, my thanks to you all for your kind messages of support, they are deeeply appreciated.

His son got in touch late yesterday with someone in the family but that is all I know. I rang my cousin's friend Wendy (the person who found him) and she was relieved to hear from someone; my cousin compartmentalised his life to a ferocious degree, maybe a coping mechanism? He had a brain the size of a planet but could not deal easily with the mundane practicalities of life. Wendy, his friend, was a wonderful support to him (and he to her) but she was never introduced to other family members, apart from one, my mum. I met her once when he brought her over (at her insistence) to see Mum after her big fall last year, he didn't know I was there and couldn't bundle Wendy fast enough out of the door. She dealt with him beautifully - he went and sat in his car whilst she talked to me and Ma. As I said, he was an odd old stick but but he was OUR odd old stick. She and I have swapped numbers and she has said she will ring if she needs and I will keep her up-to-date with developments as I get them.

The shock has subsided but the sheer disbelief is still there, as is the drifting and staring. I will be going to the Plump Feline later, with 'im doors, for a reflective pint. Chris loved his beer, He would sup one pint most evenings at his local across the road from his flat. Cheers, coz. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben