Living with rheumatoid arthritis

13»

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • abcxx
    abcxx Member Posts: 5

Hey @Jamielee, I totally understand I’m only 23 and I got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis in 2017. my friends don’t understand my pain and what I go through, and how I feel because I’ve lost confidence in myself because I struggle with a lot of things xx

• Jamielee
    Jamielee Member Posts: 27

sorry everyone I couldn’t remember my password, it’s been a rubbish week this week I hope ur all okay. @Christian78 how are you, I haven’t spoke for a while, I’m abit stiff but I’ll be okay x

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited 12. Dec 2020, 21:13
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jewels
    Jewels Member Posts: 202

Hello hope you don't mind I've just been reading your posts I'm new on here and I do relate to what you say about keeping it bottled up that's my defence mechanism but to be honest this past week I've been trying to get myself to face the fact that I have arthritis and I'm never going to be able to do exactly what I want anymore but instead set myself little things that I can do and if I do achieve them well there's a little victory for myself against my arthritis hope you are doing well 😊

• Jamielee
    Jamielee Member Posts: 27

Hi @Christian78 aw I hope you get your joint injections soon!! My necks been really stiff past couple days, I can’t hardly move I’m okay tho, getting through the days!! I’m glad to be able to talk again, and yes I have had to write mine down, I hope the pain in your feet gets better. I hope your safe and I’ll speak soon or tomorrow x

@Jewels hi, i am sorry to hear about your arthritis, it’s horrible! I don’t tend to talk to my friends much about it as I don’t want to put it on them and they don’t completely understand. I still haven’t come to terms that I have RA and I have had it now 11 years, I’m slowly starting to realise I can’t beat myself up about being different! It helps to talk so make sure you don’t bottle it all up.. I hope your safe and well. Speak soon xx

• Jewels

Thanks Jamie Lee and Christian I don't know which type of arthritis I have I'm waiting to see my consultant soon I have 5 kids and a partner but I've always been the strong one so I now have to try and ask for help if I need it which isn't a strong point for me lool hope you're both doing OK and had a good day xx😁

• Jewels

Hi @Christian78 I've only just seen your message I've just got back from my appointment with the consultant and he's referring me to reumotology to see if I need to go on meds which I'm a bit worried about and he said I definitely need to have a hip replacement because my wear and tear on it is really bad but other than all that I'm OK lol thanks. I'm sorry to hear that you can't have your injection it's a flipping nightmare ain't it and I hope you get back to sleeping better it's really nice of you to ask how I'm doing I've got my kids 5 in total but I don't want to worry them all the time so I just muddle along like you do and my mum lived in the Isle of man many years ago she loved it so what have you been doing to stay sane at the moment?

• [Deleted User]
    edited 13. Jan 2021, 11:21
  • Jewels

Thanks @Christian78 I hope ur able to go to your appt well I've been shopping as well today so just tea to make then chill out for the night so your into your bikes I suppose that's a must being in the Isle of man lol at least you have something to take your mind off things for a while I'm a mancunian girl who's now living in West mids I prefer it to Manchester to be honest hope you feel better soon

• Jewels

Hi@Christian78 I'm fine thanks I don't get my meds until I've been for my appointment with reumotology with my consultant referring me to reumotology does this mean he thinks I have reumotoid arthritis I'm getting really anxious about it tbh I just chilled out yesterday sorry your getting loads of gip with your feet must be horrible for ya I'm only taking co codamol at the moment for the pain it helps but I don't think anything actually kills all the pain does it what you up to today owt or nowt not decided myself yet lol speak soon 😊

• [Deleted User]
    edited 15. Jan 2021, 15:05
  • Jewels

Good luck for tomorrow mate 😁

• Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 443

@Jamielee @Shaaron Has anyone tried Pilates? I heard it was better for RA than yoga, but wondered if anyone has experience of it. I would like to remain active but I have noticed that any ligament I injure now does not heal like it used to, so low impact seems to be key.