Hand OA

Options
lacton64
lacton64 Member Posts: 3
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:06 in Living with arthritis

Hi Everyone I have recently developed hand OA (I am 56) and have particular pain in my right middle finger which feels almost like a wasp sting. Does anyone have any suggestions for how I might be able to alleviate the pain or does anyone suffer with the same thing?

Thank you

Comments

• PeterJ
    PeterJ Administrator Posts: 883
    Options

hello @lacton64 and welcome to the community, we are a friendly and supportive group and I hope that will be your experience as well.

I understand that you have OA in the hand and particular pain in your middle finger. Our website contains a lot of useful information and has a good search function so please have a look around it. To help I've posted a couple of links below which you may find useful.

Please do keep posting and let us know how you get on and I hope that others will connect with you and share their experiences

With very best wishes

Peter (mod)

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Jona
    Jona Member Posts: 406
    Options

Hi Lacton64,

Welcome I have it in both hands I use those hand warmers and started off with sponge/stress balls then tennis balls to try keep them moving a combination of both heat and cold treatments helps too, hope you find some relief

take care

Jona 😊💪

• Jimbo
    Jimbo Member Posts: 3
    Options

Hi Lacton64

i bought myself a pair of Dr. Arthritis compression gloves, I find them to be good and they are pretty tight and give great support. Like Jona I have OA in both hands which has gradually gone from my thumbs to my middle finger in my right hand. I have deformities in that finger and a few fingers and wrists in each hand.

ive finally got an appointment to see the rheumatologist again (3rd time). Since my first exam with him in 2019 my hands have deteriorated greatly. I have the stinging sensation in a few fingers at times- not pleasant 🙄. You should get to your GP , mine have been good and organised the consultation after seeing me during lockdown .

Good luck