Ruptured Disc?

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    I would love a cuppa - in fact I'm off now to brew one and do my brekkie eggs. Things have improved a little by the sound of it - now, be a wise skezier and don't go out to play. Hun, you need the rest. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi DD,

I know your right...... I just am a bit broke :lol::lol::lol: I think I might veer to cushion (and it has nothing to do with hating the sales :wink: ) but I do have to do Saturday and Sunday......

Since I been upright its been unhappy and a lot is masked by the pregabalin and tramadol so its not gone far and there would be a lot of lifting........:roll:

You want toast with the cuppa? xx
  • dreamdaisy
    I understand the broke bit, but if you do not rest you could end up severely broken and not able to work for a while. Hang on until the weekend if you can: survive on tea! DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hey Cris lovely,

You are not fit to do the sales with the pain everywhere screaming at you :shock:

I know you have to earn a crust but as DD says you are going to completely knacker yourself. One more heavy lift could prolapse that disc completely and you will end up in hossie for sure and in surgery. your body is warning you.....so please listen xx

If you can....skip the sales today...phone n get emergency appointment....and yes phone rheummy to. You need to be seen dear Cris.......urgently.

Think about it......you would give all of us the same advice if the 'shoe was on the other foot' so to speak. :roll: :!:

wish I could help in some way with your gals and babes and those sales. :oops:

love and hugs.

Iris xxxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Cris, definitely miss the sale today ... and go to the weekend ones instead. Please get an emergency appointment for the docs today - the sooner you are seen the less damage you might do and the quicker you might start improving again ....Then since your body says lying flat works for it - that is what you need to do!!

Did you see the bionic vet programme on BBC1 last night ... pity us humans can't book into his fab centre!! Watching him sort out the animals made me think of your dog that you were telling us about.

If one of your charges were in as much pain as you - you would be settling them down on clean straw to rest - please treat yourself the same way ... (but the human version of straw!) Please.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • skezier
    Hi Iris, DD and Speedy,

Its ok it rained :D Well 2 or 3 drops but enough to make me know its too dodgy to trust it..... I am glad really but will have to do Saturday and Sunday.........

Hey I remember now how I hurt my self......

I have this habit of sniffing nose's with animals........ Its often a good way to gain trust...... I was stupid enough to do the nose thing with Ivy the other day.... just before I started hurting :wink: and she raised her head and really clonked me...... I shall go moan at her now :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its all aggravated but so are the wrists and elbows...... The mtx has hold of the crohn's (oh you don't know how pleased that's made me :D ) and the bones have been a bit better but might be fighting back now......

Iris I will the gp Tuesday and see if he thinks its total melt down from over doing it and head butts or yet another flare......

Don't you hurt your self typing! xx

DD I will have to go Saturday but today the weather is a bit dodgy and a strong wind as well (Debs is coming down so its preparing for a gale :wink: She got 2 last year) Hope your having a better day? xx

Speedy I missed it but will hunt it down on Iplayer.

Hey if I was to see a vet like this........ :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: They have already told me they got a universal cure..... :lol::lol::lol:

Hope your old hip is a bit happier today? xx

....... and no I don't know how I forgot Ivy butting me either :oops: :oops:
  • dreamdaisy
    Oh hun, you do make me laugh! You love your brood so much, and they love you too, but . . . . . Oh I can see you, rubbing noses to say hello! We'll let you do Saturday then, on condition that you rest today and some more tomorrow. Deal? DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,900
    Hi Cris.
    i'm sorry you have so much pain i hope your doctor will give you some help.
    you give me the directions and i will come and do your work for you.
    take care ((((((cris)))))) joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Hi Cris

Really hoping you are manging to get some rest. As the other peeps say if you don't you might just be making things worse than they already are.

Thinking of you and your lovely menagerie!

Love Tilly xxx
  • speedalong
    Hi Cris,

I'm so glad the raindrops persuaded you to stay away from the sales, a couple of "quieter" days will hopefully help.

Funny how you/we suddenly remember what the trigger was. I hope you have told Ivy the repercutions of her actions!! You'll be on the look out for that trick, now wont you?!

I think the Bionic Vet programme is one of a series.

Take care,

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi Cris

Sorry only just seen this, just what you don't need! Glad you didn't attempt the sale today and I know you well enough to know you will already have forgiven Ivy if she did set this off.

Do hope you have mangaged the pain today and that you will see a doc tomorrow if you need too. I also know that like you I would be putting it off until Tuesday if I possiby could. :? I know how much you need those sales if you can manage them.

Hang in there Cris, much love and bestest clotted cream fudge on its way. (((( ))))
    Chris xxx
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Hi cris, Not seen you tonight so a bit worried that your not good.

Why do i get blamed for the gales :shock: we lost the gazebo & the only thing holding the tent down was the weight of us :roll: Never again, we got a mobile home & it feels so posh to be having heating, a shower & loo :D . I wont have to fall over a small childs tent this year nearly killing said kiddies in there sleep by falling on them. :shock: :shock: :shock:
    I really must put that tent up & sell it on ebay. Just cant face seeing it again, i was just glad to pack the thing away & get home last year.
    Ive got so much to bring down for you cris, 3 bus loads & this lot. Hope youve got plenty of mugs & teabags :wink:
    luv n hugs debs
  • skezier
    Hi DD, Joan, Lynn, Tilly, Chris and Debs,

Thanks for your messages and support.... kinda need it just bow cus this isn't really easing..... Well it can't be judged today as I was so tired again last night I ended up doing advanced arm chair duties so my neck wasn't happy when I woke up this morning, 7 hours kip in an arm chair :shock: :shock: Well in my defence I did mean to go to bed.... just as I fell asleep :lol::lol::lol: I don't even remember dong it and there's another cold cuppa! :lol::lol:

I am a bit less sore now I have been out and done half morning duties. As long as I don't try and move my head much I am ok and got a bit of bruising over the bridge of the nose as well... How did I forget that bang on it? I really had forgotten..... Odd isn't it? Mind I forget my name now a days and live in my own little fogged up world :lol::lol::lol: (you have been warned Debs :wink: )

Got visitors today but as soon as they go shall go do the sheep and beg the chicken to go in early cus I have another 5 am start tomorrow and honestly am so worn out just now.

You all have a decent day and I shall go make a cuppa ... and drink it :lol::lol: Your all welcome to one... who has sugar and who doesn't?

Will be ok again soon just a bit of overzealous horse manipulation that's all :wink: ((( )))'s to you all Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Bangs on the head lead to forgetfulness - could you be concussed? Please contact your doctor TODAY. I am really worried about you. DD
  • skezier
    Hi DD,

I am ok honest and don't think its concussion... had quite a bit of that and I am too sane and awake for it :lol::lol::lol::lol: Poetic licence has to come in to that one :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I wasn't knocked out and I forgot cus I am getting very forgetful just now that's all.

Hey you have a decent holiday and the weather is meant to hold here well into next week but after the rain its a bit cooler and fresher... Luv Cris xx
  • dreamdaisy
    OK hun, I'll take your word for it! I hope you have a tolerable day. DD
  • skezier
    You have a good day too DD and enjoy your time away :D xx
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Only just catching up here Cris. Not been around.

I hate that you are suffering. I gave up telling you to rest months ago, I know it`s futile, you just can`t. At least try to take some soft time. Talk soon..........Much love........Ange.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Flower, what can I say to you that hasn't already been said? Slow- motion light duties for a few days (allowing for the sales) is all I can suggest.

Rest up Cris, we need you and your 'family' to help us along.

Annie
    xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,336
    I got an idea :idea:

(and the first chance ever to use the lightbulb smilie :wink: )

Whay dont we have a word with Dr Harold? you knwo him the well-known chiropractitioner (or is it chiropracter?? :oops: )

Will have a chat for you if you like?

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Just checking in Cris to say "hello" and that I am thinking of you.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • speedalong
    Hi Cris,

7 hours kip in the armchair ... you must have needed that sleep then. No wonder your neck is giving you gip though.

I tend to do the whole snooze thing on the bed when I'm shattered which is thankfully more comfy - ie I'll get S to bed, lie down with the cat for "just 5 mins" and wake up in the early hours .. with the late night chores to do, (put house to bed, write in S's home school diary, put his communication aid on charge, etc etc) and doing all that wakes me up and then I can't nod back off ... fatal and I fall for it again and again!!

5 a.m starts sound grim even on these light, lovely mornings. Tell that chicken who is boss (!!) and definitely get those chores finished early.

Take care

Speedy

Speedy
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi Cris, Hope you have managed a reasonable day and not taken on to many tasks.
    Have you still got your collar? Neck one not the one that comes with a lead :lol:
    Is it worth waring it say overnight?

Wish you did'nt have to do the sale this weekend but needs must I suppose. :(
    Lets hope the weather is with you at least.

Thinking of you, I so loved the sheepies. Especially the tongue sticking out lady.

Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Cris

Just calling in with a hug or two and hoping you do manage to get the evening duties done early tonight. Hope the back has been a little better and please promise you will only do the sale tomorrow if you know you are well enough. We are all worried here.

take care, sending hugs and shortbread. (((( ))))
    Chris xxx
  • skezier
    Hi Ange,

Its impossible to rest but am going slow and summer + less work... should hate this in winter :roll:

Glad you had a good time away and a ((( ))) xx

Hi Annie,

Its getting there slowly, just I's so tired all the time but then... well think the mtx might need another up before it really gets after the bones..... Hope your doing ok there? xx

Hi Toni,

He has offered.... said he made a much better chiropractor than Ivy :lol::lol::lol::lol: xx

Hi Tilly,

Been a very long day and must turn in before the armchair gets to me again... not as comfy as a hammock :wink: xx

Hi Speedy,

Oh I do seem to be very tired but 7 hrs in an armchair is noway to spend the night :wink: Determined to make it to bed tonight.... xx

Hi I,

He sadly chewed my old one up...... he tried to say it wasn't him but I think it was :wink: Determined to get to bed tonight before falling asleep...... I was last night but sat back when I should have just got up and gone then and there eh?! Hope your doing ok? xx

Hi Chris,

Going to see how i feel in the morning as I have a bit of lea way tomorrow but non at all on Sunday..... and will hope for a decent one as well...... bout time there was one.... Nice to see you about ((((( ))))) xx