Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Cris you are a lovely sane and kind person
    dont let anyone say your anything else.
    and anyone who love's animals as you do has to be kind and good willing person who would do anything for anyone.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hey YOu!!!!!

I'm with Joan and Ange on this one for sure :shock:

You are alovely (100% normal) woman and time to stiop playing Mr nice guy and get yourself sorted :?

We'll be right here with you :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    edited 6. Jul 2010, 11:47
    Options
    Hey Cris, just reading back and want to chip in too to say please don't let yourself be fobbed off with that "it's all in your head" nonsense! I really do believe that this is just something the docs say/think when they don't have an answer!

I am so sorry that you are not getting the support you need from your GP Cris. It really is your GP who should be managing this for you but I know from my own recent experiences that that doesn't always happen. I too have been round the "what's the point loop" almost endlessly in the past couple of years and sworn I would never go back to the doc etc etc etc but when it comes down to it you don't really have a choice so I think Ange is very wise in what she says about ranting in the right direction.

And we're with you all the way - as you always are for everyone else.

Thinking of you lots Cris - and glad to hear that Primmy is back at last!

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    Hey YOu!!!!!

I'm with Joan and Ange on this one for sure :shock:

You are alovely (100% normal) woman and time to stiop playing Mr nice guy and get yourself sorted :?

We'll be right here with you :wink:

Love

Toni xx
    Oh Cris, so sorry you came out feeling so low.

Toni & Ange have said it so well that I can't add anything more to this other than don't let them win ...... that's your job :wink:

Little words or phrases from others can mean so much more than they ever intend (or realise) ...... but we can choose whether to let them push our buttons and I know you can get through this.

huge great big hugs for you (and ta for the baler twine
    :wink::lol: )

wonky xxxx
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Cris,
    no wonder you were in no hurry to get to the docs ... so hard to get an appointment and then you can only discuss one problem and then what you are told makes no sense to you or us or anyone!!

The "mental/all in the mind" thing is a cop out and total nonsense. That is the equivelent of fobbing of special needs children with a real medical problem, "it's part of their condition ..."

She didn't mean neurological when she said mental/mind? Ie your brain is having problem interpreting the messages from the eyes due to the fact that the eye has so many indesputable physical problems with it?

If this was one of your residents you would ask for a second/third/fourth oppinion if you felt they were getting a poor deal - the system stinks - please don't let it win.

Make another GP appointment tomorrow to request an ortho referral.

Is the Gp referring you to the eye department of is she expecting you to do it yourself?

We are all suffering with the steam coming out of our ears on your behalf.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Cris, petal - they've all said it for me! Ange is right, there are people who would be frightened by your determination to live the life that is right for you..............they would prefer the soft option and don't understand anything else.

..............and yes, don't waste a good rant on the sky........harness that energy and make it work for you to get yourself sorted enough to continue living the life you chose.

Annie
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    I so appreciate what you people have said cus its a real fear of mine... turning into my mother..... with reason as she was so unpleasant and did so much damage...... but couldn't help it as she did have real mental health issues so this eye doctor has ht a real raw and scary nerve....... I hope I haven't sown a seed here now... see I have a touch of her paranoia :shock: :shock:

Thanks Ange, I think some of is nobody reads beyond the last letter and don't see or know any previous history.... You know the eye doctor I saw didn't even examine my eyes! I really have no wish to see him again and well as for my notes he had one bit of paper in a nice new folder..... Hey least nobody tried to say the bones are in my mind... thank god for xrays and mri's :lol::lol::lol::lol: ((( ))) xxx

Hi Joan,

I am very even keeled actually but I just find this so hard and the fact they are new doctors and don't know me from Adam doesn't help. Hope you and Sue are ok and will sit out on the hedgerow tomorrow :wink: xx

Hi Tilly,

Thanks flower I appreciate it and I sort of think you might be right when they don't know or are out of their depth they say it... I would have liked to have talked about my neck but she wanted to talk about the eyes and obviously the neck is of no consequence to her... shame it wasn't cus its driving me up the wall :wink:

Hope your doing ok? ((( ))) and yep she is back and as lovely as ever :D xx

Hi Wonky,

Good stuff baler twine.... I am held together with it and silide tape now a days :lol::lol::lol: That's what I should do.... get some round the eyes..... oh not a good image :roll:

I have no real fight just now, see the Gastro on Thursday and the mtx has worked on the crohn's so what can he see on examination? Another waste of time..... or not... shall have to see eh? Slurps and ((( ))) xx

Hi Speedy,

I don't know if he meant that or not its a bit ambiguous.... However he gp has interpreted it as a mental not physical problem which is good really cus it means the permanent damage the consultant (possibly a bit better qualified to the doctor I saw there last time) told me I had has repaired its self after all!

He has written he wants to see me again in 2-3 months so that would be August.... I am in no hurry! What gets me is he didn't have my notes, had no history and didn't even look at the eyes either.... Tell you we gets some good treatment at times eh?! ((( ))) xx

Hi Annie,

There probably isn' much point in trying to find out what is wrong with me...... The bones were easy for me as they were so obvious.... I wanted to talk to her about why I have so much fluid in my lower arms and wrists and I really wanted to know whats happened to my neck but she wanted the eye dept letter.... Kinda run out of fight for a min but maybe next week. Hope your doing ok and not long to the 20th eh? ((( ))) xx
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Im with ang dont let them get at you. You are a truly wonderful person. You are so kind. Get another opinion. Please take no notice of the family.
    Remember you can choose your friends but not family. You have a lot of good friends who support and think the world of you.
    Wish i lived nearby to give you the proper support u need and deserve.
    If you opened a camp site you would not see any grass for tents as we all would be there. Dont know where you would put the horses though :lol:
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Joanne,

Oh I promise you they would be in the tents with you all :lol::lol::lol: I think Primmy especially would love a blow up mattress and a pillow :wink:

Your right you can't choose then can you...... Its a bit unfortunate cus I do look very like my mother... was mistaken for her a few years back by someone she went to school with.... had to swallow my annoyance as did I really look 40 back then :shock: :shock: I was just 18 :lol::lol::lol::lol: Thing is she did a lot of damage and since I look like her I seem to carry her guilt where the rest of my blood kin are concerned..... Bit unfair..... cus they ain't so nice to me them selves :lol::lol::lol: (((( )))) xxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Cris

So sorry you had an awful appointment there, this one issue thing is frankly ridiculous as is the 10 mins. I am speechless on your behalf as I know it was an ordeal just to get there. Please forget it for tomorow (I mean today :? ) and try and enjoy Debs visit and do some foal watching. I wish you a better day tomorrow.

Sending hugs and bestest chocolate coated fudge :wink:
    love
    Chris xxx
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Cris

So very sorry indeed to hear about your disappointing appointment - hope you managed to get a bit of sleep last night.

You're a wonderful person Cris and I really enjoy reading your posts and hearing about your life with all the animals.

Hope today is a better day..

best wishes

marion
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options
    Hi Cris

You got a plan yet??

For today just enjoy seeing Debs (Minky) and save me some cake eh?

The rest you can thionk about tomorrow?

Love

Toni xx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Cris,

your doc is unbelievable . :shock: and I am so angry on your behalf :x

you are NOT mad....don't even think that for one minute! you're probably one of the most balanced, caring, unselfish people I know.

keep your chin up flower. we are 100% behind you!

have sent you a pm but as Toni says...enjoy your day with Debs..the rest will keep.

Iris x x x
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Cris, hope you are having a lovely day today with Debs. Are you meeting up at yours and showing off your lovely residents?!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Cris,

Hope you have had a lovely day with Debs, I hope you have saved me some cake as promised :lol:

Sleep well tonight and enjoy Primrose and gang. (NO HEAD BUTTING) OK!!!!

Lv, Ix
  • suncatcher
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Joanne,

Oh I promise you they would be in the tents with you all :lol::lol::lol: I think Primmy especially would love a blow up mattress and a pillow :wink:

Your right you can't choose then can you...... Its a bit unfortunate cus I do look very like my mother... was mistaken for her a few years back by someone she went to school with.... had to swallow my annoyance as did I really look 40 back then :shock: :shock: I was just 18 :lol::lol::lol::lol: Thing is she did a lot of damage and since I look like her I seem to carry her guilt where the rest of my blood kin are concerned..... Bit unfair..... cus they ain't so nice to me them selves :lol::lol::lol: (((( )))) xxx

If primmy went on it it would not be a blow up matris for long. I probably wouldnt end up with a tent :lol:
    Joanne
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Marion,

I let it upset me cus its a real fear of mine..... Its silly isn' it though to let it?

Hope your feeling a lot better today and a ((((( ))))) xx

Hi Toni,

It was a good day and I made them eat omelette and a burnt cake :lol::lol::lol: She said to send her love to everyone and thankfully it stayed dry. She has had so much better weather this year and so far no gales.... I shouldn't tempt the fares eh?! ((( ))) xx

Hi Iris,

Thank you so much Flower.. I sort of got a plan now and will pm you back in a min. Primmy sends her very best bounce and her thanks as well cus she doesn't think much to an upset auntie :wink: ((((( ))))) xx

Hi Speedy,

Bless them they came here and Primmy was so pleased to have more people to thug she really was. Her and her sister (a year old now) found Debs's OH great company as he made a fuss of them every time they demanded. Hope you had a decent day? ((( ))) xx

Hi Babycham,

Your right I needed to step back from it all a bit... think I have done it now, though possibly only a small step though but its a start eh? Hope your ok and a ((( ))) xx

Hi I,

Bless you Flower.

He saved you plenty of cake but slightly burned on one edge I am afraid..... Haz said he will deliver it to you... I hope he doesn't eat it!! (((( )))) xx

Hi Joanne,

Primmy said when are you coming......Her colours are Green or Blue but she would look just as nice in Orange or yellow :lol::lol::lol: She would lobe a blow up mattress.... she would seriously like a Chaise-longer....... (((( )))) xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Cris,

glad you had a great day. S would be impressed you made cake - burnt or not - he loves cake!!

Pleased too you have plan.

I had fun in the garden yesterday messing around with a new hose and attachments and admiring everything growing.

Have a good day today.

Speedy
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi Cris.....pleased the you now have a cunning plan :D and so glad you and Debs had a good day despite the burnt offerings. :lol::lol:
    the omelette sounds good though..so you never know, Debs might be willing to come back. :lol:

primmy is such a naughty girl but is maybe now has stopped using you as a trampoline to play with???

great to hear the twinkle in your voice Cris.....your made of stern stuff that's for sure.

love n hugs

Iris x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    edited 8. Jul 2010, 11:28
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    i hope you are feeling to bad today.
    please dont worry there is nothing wrong with your
    mind.
    you can not tar the person with the same brush
    as the other one.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Cris

Just saying "hello" and hoping that you are feeling a bit brighter today. Omelette and burnt cake eh? Lovely!!!!!

Love Tilly xxx
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    edited 9. Jul 2010, 04:40
    Options
    Hi Cris
    sorry havent been on here to much, sorry things arent too good for you and docs aint helping :roll:
    cant really say anymore than what everyone else has said but am sending truck loads of Bubbles your way cos you can never have too many of them :wink:
    Take care Cris
    Glad you had a good day with Debs :D
    Sharon
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    Just popping on to send big virtual hugs and say to hang on in there. You've been treated appalingly and will need to keep strong as I know you are. Hope the next week is a better one for you. bye for now, rita.
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Cris

Just to say hope you have had an OK day and are not too tired..

love from Marion
  • suncatcher
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Marion,

I let it upset me cus its a real fear of mine..... Its silly isn' it though to let it?

Hope your feeling a lot better today and a ((((( ))))) xx

Hi Toni,

It was a good day and I made them eat omelette and a burnt cake :lol::lol::lol: She said to send her love to everyone and thankfully it stayed dry. She has had so much better weather this year and so far no gales.... I shouldn't tempt the fares eh?! ((( ))) xx

Hi Iris,

Thank you so much Flower.. I sort of got a plan now and will pm you back in a min. Primmy sends her very best bounce and her thanks as well cus she doesn't think much to an upset auntie :wink: ((((( ))))) xx

Hi Speedy,

Bless them they came here and Primmy was so pleased to have more people to thug she really was. Her and her sister (a year old now) found Debs's OH great company as he made a fuss of them every time they demanded. Hope you had a decent day? ((( ))) xx

Hi Babycham,

Your right I needed to step back from it all a bit... think I have done it now, though possibly only a small step though but its a start eh? Hope your ok and a ((( ))) xx

Hi I,

Bless you Flower.

He saved you plenty of cake but slightly burned on one edge I am afraid..... Haz said he will deliver it to you... I hope he doesn't eat it!! (((( )))) xx

Hi Joanne,

Primmy said when are you coming......Her colours are Green or Blue but she would look just as nice in Orange or yellow :lol::lol::lol: She would lobe a blow up mattress.... she would seriously like a Chaise-longer....... (((( )))) xx
    :lol::lol:

Chaise long it is then. :D Im sure i could fit one on our trailer :idea:.
    Your horse has expensive tastes you've been spoiling her haven't you :lol::wink:
    Joanne