Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,037
    Options

hi Kathleen I also take like the taste of carob too I hope you have a nice day take care. Xx.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all

Toni did I read you had tummy ache..I hope its not ti bad ,seeing Dr's is so hard I book online but it's so reassuring seeing someone

Thankyou for the update on Bill I will have to text him ...hopefully your brother can get his blood pressure diwn it will help his kidneys ..xx

Reshmi I use the net for neck exercises it feels so good to stretch it..gently that is ..yes you have a rest from your comp..xx

Joan your poor hip ..how old it is now ,my first one us already 9...mind you a neighbour across from us hers are.over 25 and ..I rambert doing the potatoes printing at school 😁love to all if you xx

Mike you are going to be busy for the next few years ..oh by the way I got one of the plug ins you mentioned fir next doors cat..it visits every day so far so good xx

Kath dad birthday on the 29th..I had my first hip replaced on my late mums birthday... I used to love watching the Robin Hood series ...many years since we visited the castle and sherwood..xx

Love ti all

Xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options

Morning everyone

Windy again out there although it isn't actually cold leaves everywhere!

Joan how lovely that Sue had visitors! I bet she had a great time 😊 for some reason my lovely neighbours have had to change their carer company. Not their choice seems it's whoever pays commissioning or something. I had a cup of tea with them yesterday((())) xxx

I am singing again today Kitty because it's choir practice tonight and I haven't practiced all week. I wonder whether Barbara will join us🤔 Christmas songs. Gaudette and a couple of others.

They are good at your Drs then! Rescue pack replaced along with your normal repeats all good. Well it's done it's job - of course along with Sleek's ministrations - so I am pleased.

I will post a pic of Sleek in a bit she climbed into one of my shopping bags and looked so sweet. Only problem is if she got trapped in the handles like cats sometimes do.

I hope the Amazon order arrived ok?

Morning Mike I hope all is well with you and Vixen. Will post a pic of my puss in a mo...

Reshmi carob and orange 😋 sounds lovely I wonder if your stomach will like it fingers crossed for you. Not abad thing if they are slightly expensive - they will have to be a treat!

My sister and I wrote out what i need to say to the Dr so I can say it quickly as you don't get long so let's see what they think eh? tomorrow morning around 9 am. Hope it is because I have haircut at 11.

Hmmm....do we think Lord A rather likes the girls but doesn't want to admit it? 🤨 I rather think he does🤭shant say a word it's definitely 'privite' 🤫

Thanks for the info on neck exercises I will try anything which might help. The pillow takes a few nights to adjust to, but really helps me.

Barbara so blood pressure is important for you kidneys I had no idea. He is trying i need to get him to exercise now he is quite sedentary - full of excuses!

Yes do message Bill I sent him the pic of Sleek yesterday too 😊

I can't believe your first hip is 9!!!! When did that happen?😮

Odd isn't it? you make an appointment to see the Dr and your pain seems to vanish?

Love to Carol she must be going away very soon now?

I'm cold so it has to be porridge!

• frogmorton
    edited 28. Oct 2021, 06:08
    Options
  • frogmorton
    Options

Sorry about the other attempt 🤭

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

What a cute cat, glad to see it likes hiding in bags like Vixen does. 😸

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,927
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) you have got so many things wrong I don't know what they are and what they mean is the B to do with your breathing. Love to Anita ((()))) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((())))

Reshmi (((())) have a good day all of you ((())) I think the snow is in Scotland first.

Toni ((())) how is your tummy now ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) Carol ((())) and Mike ((())) and vixen ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara thanks you enjoy the neck stretching exercises too. Thanks hope you have a good day. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni, thanks about the carob bar, Point should be a treat so that works well in a way, but I remember when I was a student, a long time ago in North Wales, carob was really cheap I’d buy it all the time weird how things change and suddenly become fashionable.I Know what you You mean about making notes for docs appointment it’s good to have another person’s input isn’t it Everything is done with such to such a military precision ,lol, it seems that some doctors always more compassionate than others, it’s really a kind of Russian roulette situation with GPs isn’t it? I hope your phone call with the doc goes well tomorrow. Okay id better not be on here for too long I’ve already seem to have been browsing on the kinds of junk food but never mind hope the haircut goes well, nice picture of the cat and I can’t even remember the next thing I was going to say have a nice afternoon take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Oh yes sorry Toni I remembered what I was going to say LA and his female fans, u may have hit the nail on the head! Xx.

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan I see Scotland that’s okay then at the moment at least , no offence of course do any Scottish views of this post, lol, hope you and Sue are having a good day? take care J and Kathleen , really need to go now otherwise my neck my snap in two. Xx

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

sorry I have not been on much but it’s been a bit manic the last couple of weeks with all the things that we have had to do for the cruise. I think Mr T has almost had a meltdown over it all. We are hoping it’s all done now. You need to see the file of paperwork needed due to covid (that mr T has put together) to believe the amount of things we have had to sort out. The only thing left now to get through is the lateral flow tests at the terminal on Sunday. We are actually going to Southampton the day before and stay the night in a hotel. Our youngest daughter is looking after miss Cookie and she will stay here at our house. So we have been able to save money we would have had to spend out for the cattery. So it’s fingers crossed for Sunday that all will go well.

We have also had chaos with the traffic as the have the main road the our road is off of closed due to a collapsed sewer the buses are all on diversion and I have to walk to another stop where they divert to get to our high street. This has been going on for 10 days now and Its due to go on for another 18 days.

Miss Cookie has taken to jumping up on our mantelpiece and sitting there despite being told no. problem is we have our rather expensive Westminster chime mantle clock we brought ourselves for our anniversary last year. Which we wouldn’t like broken.I also have an electric photo frame on there too. So today I have brought a cactus 🌵 plant and put it up there I know they don’t like cacti. I learnt that when one of the cats we had when our daughters were young used to sit between the window boxes we used to have and he would eat the leaves. And I was told to put a cactus plant between them and he soon stopped once he prickled his nose trying to eat the leaves.

well now need to go and do a few jobs. So will leave you for now with love and sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning!

Rained all night from yesterday afternoon about 5pm 🙄

Joan thanks my bellyache is still here it's pretty well constant unfortunately but the Dr will ring me this morning so we'll see what she suggests. What are the odds it will be bloods? If it's raining with you I bet you and Sue won't fancy a trip to your cafe 😕 ((())) xxx

Thank you Mike that's my puss she is 12 now but still thinks she's a kitten bless her! Vixen looks so sweet in her bag too she looks very sweet natured. They are just so adorable we couldn't be without them could we?💓 I will see if I have one of Lucy's puss Winnie in a bit I think I have one of her in a box....

Morning Reshmi I am ready with my notes for the Dr's call this morning all typed up and in order so I can give her all the information I think she needs. I expect she will suggest bloods 🙄 they always seem to start there don't they? She is a nice Dr she's Lucy's favourite one so I was lucky. Thanks for your good luck wishes I will feed back after my haircut.

Carob did used to be cheap it did! I think it might be the vegan revolution doing it maybe? Still it's a nice treat and if your tummy copes with it a good one too.

How is your neck doing? You sounds as though you are doing your best avoiding being online too much so hopefully it will settle back down soon ((())) xxx

Carol! Good to see you. Poor Mr T having to do all that paperwork. I will stay her a while longer while I wait for things to settle I HATE paperwork!

I think that it is an excellent idea to have a night in a hotel before sunday an extra treat and the holiday starting early too less stress on the day and of course your lateral flow will be negative. Miss Cookie will be much happier at home with your daughter than in a cattery and you save money so a win-win!

Oh dear cats do like being up high and mantle pieces are perfect perches. I am soft i just move valuable things and let Sleek go where she wants, but she doesn't bother so much going up now she's happy in boxes, bags or pressed up against our legs on our recliners.

Love and sparkles back to you and I hope you have a wonderful cruise photos when you can but no rush ((())) xxx

Kitty-Kat is missing! I do hope everything is ok hopefully it is Sleek said she is fine, but was busy yesterday. love and ((())) just in case they are needed.

Barbara should be along today too eyes permitting. I think you were there at choir practice last night? Was that you doing those fancy showy off harmonies?😁🎼

Breakfast time methinks....hmmmm...

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Thank you Mike that's my puss she is 12 now but still thinks she's a kitten bless her! Vixen looks so sweet in her bag too she looks very sweet natured. They are just so adorable we couldn't be without them could we?💓 I will see if I have one of Lucy's puss Winnie in a bit I think I have one of her in a box....

Not only couldn't I be without Vixen, I probably would not be here without her. I descended into a terrible depression after my previous cat, Fluffy, passed away and Vixen definitely saved me. As I started typing this Vixen has come into the lounge and attacked one of her toys! She normally only plays with them at night, I know that because I see them moved around in the morning. This was my Fluffy:

I have had three cats since I came out of the forces, Arnie, Fluffy and Vixen and have all of their names tattooed on my right arm below a portrait of a sabre-toothed tiger. Regrettably Arnie (ginger tom) decided to go walk about when the ex-wife moved in, I should have taken the hint and gone with him!! He found a home in the village with a nice elderly lady who lived on her own.

• frogmorton
    Options

Lucy's Winnie🥰 isnt she sweet?

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

I’m fine, just ran out of time - where does it go? Just popped in (Asda is six stops away!) to ask if anyone has downloaded the VA Arthritis Tracker? It’s on the App Store for iPad and Google Play for other devices. I have it and am enjoying using it. Love to all.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Carol ((())) have a lovely holiday it will be worth all the paper work. Love to Mr T((())) and cookie

Toni ((())) I hope the Doctor helps with your tummy ache ((())) a home is not home without a animal. they don't care what you look like. love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari (((()))) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day take care.

Mike animals don't answer back you can say what you like to them. ((()))

Love to Kath and family ((()))

Love to Barbara ((())) and family

Love to Chris ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

Hi Toni that’s good about the notes for the doctor very organised, i’ve never been very good at typing myself I’m pretty slow at it, even though for quite a while I had a job Which involved a lot of typing, for a certain college that cannot be named, lol, I think they were just too cheap to employ a proper typists, lol, I have a nightmare of a job, I had take minutes for the lecturers’ meetings and if they got the diction wrong I was blamed for it this kind of thing, but it wasn’t as high-pressure as some of the jobs, so that was good. I hope that the appointment went well and the doctor was helpful? yes they Usually do seem to start things with bloods. I’m having my haircut next week bit of a coincidence, lol, Any new hairdressers I’ve been there once before, I really enjoyed it and I’m not a big fan of going to the hairdressers, also quite walkable from my house. Yes Poss the vegan thing inflated carob prices, but maybe the thing is that lots of things become fad and trends and when they fall out of fashion most people don’t touch them, silly I know but I think that is a big factor in prices.My long lost friend was meant to call today but she’s disappeared again which is quite annoying to be honest I had done my walk, got very little energy left and then she can’t even condescend to…anyway I’ll stop there, basically she can be quiet high- handed, I don’t always get on well with her, I know at least one other our mutual friends feels was the same . Ok bye For now have run out of steam

• bosh
    Options

Hi again everyone I found some steam, lol, managed to have a nap so that was good, not too bad actually thanks Toni, yes, trying to control my online presence a little bit, lol, it’s difficult though isn’t it ? once the mental health nurse at the same thing apparently we’re meant to switch off our iPads or tablets or whatever at about 8 o’clock in the evening for both our mental and physical health or something like that, but that’s not quite so easy if you need to get some shopping done or have an urgent message to reply to but yes good in theory and I do feel a lot better the less time I spend on the iPad really nothing simple in the modern days is it? I like Reading before I go to bed, but in reality I’m often too tired to read for a long time but I suppose it’s like carob view it as a treat good idea Toni 😄. Neck is Not too bad at the moment thanks Toni, but I’m generally a bit stiff because I fell asleep in a really cold room of the house but that’ll get better soon once I warm up properly. What Kind of haircut are you going for? is it a new style something shorter or curls for example ? Or just a trim? My long lost friend did condescend to send me a message in the end, was meant to phone, she was Doing some housework apparently, so basically she was taking quite a casual attitude she’s done this before so I sent a polite but to - the - point message, saying that I get tired from the arthritis it would be kind to let me know what’s happening, hopefully the word “kind” will get the message across,, okay end of the long lost friend topic. Hi Joan how are you ? hope you and Sue are both having a good day take care. Hi Barbara Hope you’re okay today take care.

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all what storms we gave had 😯

Toni hopefully your gp will order scans and blood's the least they can do when not doing face to face..hope they can sort it for you xx the photos are so funny 😅they get into places dogs would never think of..I hope Lucy 7s doing ok abd the rest if your family..xx

Joan did I read Sue had a visitor...bet you all had a good chat ...rhankyou again fir all the hugs xx

Mike animals seem to understand wgat we are going through ...I'm so glad Vixen is there for you ..xx

Reshmi so your friend didn't turn up again ,that's not nice ..a little walk us si giid fir us..I think there us something speacial about nice autumn days ..you take care xx

Kath hiw good to have an emergency pack frim your gp..we have a struggle with ours and they used ti be so good ..xx

Carol you will be glad ti get on that cruise and relax ..you enjoy xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Mike Fluffy was so sweet and yes FLUFFY! I am not surprised you slipped into depression when she died people underestimate the pain of losing your animal. They are as important as a family member to us, companion, friend, child even. Vixen is a hero(ine) and lovely they are tattooed on your arm. As they should be ((()))

Ah Kitty that's good Sleek was right there was nothing wrong at all. She said so, but you were ill recently so I worried.

Hope your Asda order was all present and correct?

I have not downloaded that app no. What does it give you? I am definitely interested.

Barbara the GP was lovely (she is) and listened to my story. She rang early 8.45 which was great too. She is ordering bloods as l suspected for now lots of them and I must have a real appointment (so odd to call a real one face to face isn't it?!) a week after so will book that first.

Thank you we're are all well here Charley is being promoted at work which is good. I hope the girls are happy up here and enjoying their jobs?

How is your eldest and his friend are they recovered? and will Niamh be with you properly this weekend?

It's still lashing down out there

Morning Reshmi well done you yesterday you definitely had more stamina. Imagine us turning off our tech by 8pm. I do try but fail to be honest. I have the blue light off though on my phone which is supposed to keep us awake I think.

Reading is by far the best a few pages and you drift off book on your nose!!!

That job at the un-named college sounded ok actually, but not ok to get the blame for anyone else's mistakes is it🙄

Same haircut as ever for me to be honest I rarely change much but I did let her curl it for me I used to always have it super-straight, but it's nice to have a change. What about you? any ideas for your hair?

Naughty of 'long lost friend' to get so wrapped up in - of all things - housework!! What?! I hope she hears the word 'kind' in your message i really do. Very thoughtless behaviour on her part.

The Dr did as expected and is ordering bloods....many many bloods🙄 but she was very kind. I have always liked her, but it was her last EVER day😕

Are you going to see Lord A and Baby R this weekend? I went a walk with one of the chaps in the village yesterday afternoon. He and his husband foster and they have two baby boys so sweet 😍

Joan you are so right a home is only a house without an animal they just adore us whatever we look like and whatever we can or can't do as long as we feed them love them and look after them.🤗 The Dr has ordered bloods and a face to face following that. bless her, but that was her last day and she was the nicest! ah well. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Right it's Saturday time for Aidan's breakfast:

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) how are your pains today. Good luck with the tracker. Love to Anita ((())) and Val (()) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) yes sue had two carers come to visit her they brought us some yum yums we had never tried them.

Yes my hip is 25 years old the pain goes to my knee not all the time. When did you say Mr B goes to the hospital I thought it was the end of October. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) how is your back good luck with the blood tests ((())) is P ((())) getting on alright love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day and your family ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((())) and Mike ((())) and vixen

Don't forget the clocks go back to night

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Hello everyone, my how it's raining. I' not going outside at all. Holly has gone to Skeg for the weekend. Mad girl that she is. 🤕

Asda came with a couple of substitutes, nice and early so we were happy.

Barbara, you only get a rescue pack of anti biotics if you have a Lung disease such as COPD or Bronchiectasis. I expect Toni has one too. We keep them handy and if we get ill we can begin them immediately. Finish a pack and order the next one in readiness. Welcome to the strange world of Lungies. Has Mr B heard anything yet?

Joan, my hips are awfully painful. ☹️

Mike, what pretty pusskins you had. My childhood friend was Smutty, until I was 13.He was about the same age.

Me, Diana, Smutty with Goldie the rabbit in his cage.

Antoinette, I don't know wat Sleek slipped in my potion, I can't stay awake long enough to eat the cockles she brought me. She had to eat them herself!

Well, time to ring dad, But first.

Mushroom masala with coriander rice

30 Minutes Serves 3Easy from Olive magazine.

Ingredients

• onion 1, chopped
    • garlic 1 clove, crushed
    • oil
    • cashew nuts a handful
    • dessicated coconut 2 tbsp
    • curry paste 1-2 tbsp
    • mushrooms 350g, halved or quartered
    • peas 100g
    • spinach 100g
    • lemon 1, zested and juiced
    • coriander a handful, chopped
    • basmati rice steamed to serve

Method

• STEP 1
    • Fry the onion and garlic gently in a little oil while you whizz the cashews, coconut and curry paste together in a blender. Add this to the onion and fry for a minute. Add the mushrooms and a splash of water and cover the pan for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Once they are almost cooked, add the peas and cook for 1 minute, then add the spinach and stir. Add the lemon zest and juice, season and add a splash of water if you need to. Stir the coriander through the rice to serve.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Barbara how are you? Yes the friendsdidn’t call, She sent a message about housework and a visitor and this kind of thing I mean I think the thing is with this friend is that she’s not too bad but she gets a bit kind of scatty over silly things she means well (even though when I tried to talk to her about Mental Health problems) she just kind of says “get over it over it”,ok, Not quite as rude as that but she doesn’t seem to understand that if I start sensing certain symptoms like insomnia I really get terrified, because it could just be normal problems like uncomfortable stomach and not sleeping as a result, but it could be something much more ominous and scary. She also mentioned that she has a brain scan today because she has some kind of neurological condition (but not mental health), so everything is okay-ish for now, I think her scan is just to check up I did try to enquire but maybe she’s in the car right now or something along those lines. Yes a bit of fresh air and walking is definitely good. I also like autumn, Barbara, nice fresh air without burning in the heat or risking falling in the black ice, hope that that type of weather doesn’t happen again any time soon my goodness Hope you have a Nice day Barbara. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni, how are today? Thanks about the walk. I generally try and switch things off by 8:30 in the evening other than music, but admittedly not every day, you can’t live like that can you ? because things need to get done and unfortunately not everyone likes picking up the phone to communicate in a normal-ish manner just the way it is, I agree. I’ve heard something about the blue lights as well I think certain word games and things use a blue background but I generally do the games that have a black background, I think that has some impact, yeah but you’re right basically blue lights and all this kind of stuff can’t be good for us in the long run. Yes Reading is a really good treat I agree and truly guilt free no calories no sugar no problem as I like to say sometimes, lol. The college job wasn’t the worst of jobs actually, but my boss or rather the boss’ boss was a real nasty bully of a lady, also I just Felt that I wasn’t using my brain at all, I did a variety of full-time jobs over the years but there was one finance one I did in the Reading area, just pretty low paid but at least I was doing something a bit more or constructive, it was just very low-level finance, I learnt a lot of things, I remember though at certain times there was a lot of pressure and I had to go up and down stairs chasing directors to check sign things this was before arthritis diagnosis, but Those stairs are pretty dodgy , cheap old buildin, then I hurt my wrist really badly the doctor thought it was a fracture but it was a really bad sprain that was a nightmare, made redundant from that one unfortunately. I just have a short Bob haircut these days, long hair is too high maintenance for me, lol, no offence. Yeah it did seem a bit thoughtless about the friend didn’t it ? but as I explain to Barbara there was a bit more to it, so things are okay for now, She also had a brain scan today which I didn’t know about it so that must’ve been praying on her mind. Okay definitely run out of steam bye for now excuse any errors can’t proofreading anyway need to do some physio. Xx