Val's Cafe

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 3,947

Oh dear Kathleen sorry you’re feeling so unwell, I too tend to sit in a room near the toilet these days… Poss you’re right about the sandwiches I like peanut butter but I can’t have too much of it. Nice recipe. You take care of yourself and have a nice Saturday. Xx.

• bosh

Hi Barbara and Joan how are you both doing today ? I’m not too bad I think this stomachache was time of the month coming on plus methotrexate. I’m pretty Sleepy now though so may try and have a quick nap take care, hope Sue is okay too Joan. Tc. Xx.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332

Oh no our poor Kitty Kat has the two bob bits and the sneezes😣😣😣😣

These might help?🧻🚽🧻🚽🧻🤧🤧

I recommend not sneezing anywhere but on the loo😯

Sleek is on her way with a potion and a flask of Mother's soup. No fishy smell so all being well....((()))🌈

Hi Joan I couldn't see your post today most odd but hope you are ok and send ((())) xxx to you both.

👋👋👋 to Mike and Vixen. How is the project getting on?

Reshmi I lived in those gloves outside the house if I stepped out of Paul's van when covid was at its worst. They have to be doing something I think.

We must do what we can to protect our skin and ourselves so very tricky.

My sister put loads of weight on on her mental health meds. She lost 7 stone when she recovered but is back on some of them again now sadly. She is vegan too and in general eats better than me so it's not fair.

Hope Dad hasn't given you all his new cold?

Apparently it was 10 weeks yesterday Christmas day🙄

Barbara I hope your eyes are rested and a little better today. Are you having Sunday lunch out? Is Niamh with you? I hope so. Everyone needs a Niamh in their lives💖

Love of course to Carol and family ((()))

Sunday means we can pig out with our breakfast 😋

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

👋👋👋 to Mike and Vixen. How is the project getting on?

Getting there slowly thanks, managed to get half a dozen knights painted in the past week and put them on the diorama yesterday. Other than that nothing to report. Have a good one.

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,898

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) I'm sorry you have an assortment of problems you must take a lot of tablets to help everything ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((())) yes we are alright thank you.

Toni ((())) I'm sorry you feel so bad ((())) I hope things soon improve ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers (((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) have a good day ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day I hope your tummy soon feels better ((())) take care

Mike ((())) have a good day and vixen (((()))

love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    edited 17. Oct 2021, 13:45

Hi ladies and Mike I promise to keep this a quick message because I realise I’m spending far too much time on my tablet and my neck is suffering more than it needs, I didn’t play any word game at all online recently felt so much better for it anyway I’m trying not to go into the thesis. Gloves are useful I agree T , who gave who the cold I don’t know but my dad is being even more annoying than usual. Thanks Joan, that’s very kind my stomach is feeling a little bit better at the moment actually but have worked out that it was partly time of the month coming on so that at least helps explains things which is a relief. Yes Toni and it’s v complex about meds and weight , I know it well of course when a person is really overweight it’s physically very difficult to start exercising too, it’s also very depressing and it’s a sort of vicious circle in some ways I believe. Baby R said his first word yesterday well he made a good attempt but it wasn’t mummy or daddy it, he tried to say his brothers name basically, he is Lord A’s number one fan. Hope you’re Okay today Barbara and Kathleen? Joan , I hope you and Sue have a great day. Ok, I can feel my mind whirring with all sorts of gossip but I better stop for now also need to take some rest due to the old monthly female so situation take care everybody, have a nice Sunday.

• frogmorton

Morning!

It's going to rain all day today 🙄 all day🙄 well here anyway.

Paul is away all week so Lucy and I will be able to eat loads of pasta😋 that's the upside😁

Morning Mike - half a dozen knights is good for a week. They look pretty tricky to paint I would have to borrow Paul's reading specs to do them. Soon be time for an updated photo?? Or not quite yet?

Kitty are you ok? I hope so. Kari sends me a message every day to tell me she is ok even if we then have along chat on the phone. I worry you see. I expect you just took Saturday's day off yesterday instead 🤞

Joan don't you worry about me I am ok like you I keep trucking along and doing bits. Today i am going to go for a walk early because it's going to rain from about 11 on then all day. Have you got any plans? ((())) xxx

Barbara I expect Niamh has gone home now. Any news on your eldest boy and his friend. He will be stuck there now won't he until he is better. Are the girls still ok - didn't catch it? Mind they must avoid you😕 Can you believe it they got through COVID caring down in London - come back to 'safety' and look what happens! ((())) xxx

Reshmi I am sorry to say this but in my own experience some men do rather seem to get 'worse' colds than women. No judgement here I think it's a medical fact, but gosh it makes it hard to live with doesn't it?!

You are right about too much computer time affecting your neck and also in my case upper back/shoulder-blades. I tend to try to limit myself so that I don't aggravate it too much and leave enough shoulder/neck strength to do some jigsaw or reading.

Awwww!! Baby R! Said Lord A's name! Bless his heart I am sure Lord A's name gets said the most in taht house and as you say he will be his number 1 fan. How adorable💖 Lucy used to be Charley's number 1 fan and Charley adored Lucy. Wouldn't let anyone near her. 'That's Mummy's baby!'

I hope the ladies trouble isn't causing too much aggro for you at least you know it's time limited ((()))

My sister can lose weight when she feels ok in herself. It's such a balance, but her kind of depression can mean she overdoes it and gets obsessed with dieting and exercise. Then she takes a mental health dive and the weight goes back on. Nightmare isn't it? You are right exercising in public is not good when you are overweight you feel people are staring and maybe some are saying 'good on her!' but it's not how you feel.

Love of course to Carol I hope all is well with you all particularly Miss Cookie.😻

It's raining and cold so we shall have some porridge methinks we all like it anyway:

• bosh

Hi Barbara Kathleen Joan Toni , I see about men and the worst colds, but also my dad will not try to protect himself against the cold no winter coats or umbrellas that kind of thing, he’ll look onto the street and say that man is not wearing a proper coat I won’t either and I’ll say for a start that man’s wall of 25, quite like yourself, anyway never mind but yes the colds do make them even more difficult to live with. Thanks about baby R,, that’s sweet about your kids. Regarding time of the month I’m feeling a little bit better today thanks, but yesterday was pretty terrible. I understand What you’re saying about weight exercise in public et cetera but I also meant that when a person is very overweight is physically difficult to start exercising because he or or she is carrying so much weight around even walking isn’t as easy as it used to be.Sad about you sister and her swinging from high to low, it definitely affect some people like that. Hope you have a nice day Toni Barbara Kathleen and Joan take care. Xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) sorry you are not well ((())) I hope you soon feel a bit better. Love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) sorry you have rain we have it this afternoon. That's lovely Charley protecting Lucy. How is your cold now ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy (()) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) thinking of you and yours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day ((())) how is your tummy take care

Mike (((())) have a good day and vixen

love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi everyone just wanted to add one more thing that I forgot to write before , hi Toni, when Baby R tried to say his big brother’s name, he also started to look for his big brother at the same time near the sofa and all that kind of thing, but his big brother had gone to the supermarket for a few minutes with his dad to flirt (or not flirt) with girls just joking, lol. That naughty LA, ignoring the summons of his little brother. Hi Joan stomach is a bit better at the moment thanks I think it was time of the month issues, have a nice day take care.xx

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583

Hi all, my cold has gone to my chest (PEF never makes it to 300) so I am now on my rescue pack of 14 dqys on Doxycycline. I should also take 14 days of Prednisolone, but as I take that anyway - all is good. But I spend most of the day asleep. Now I have to ring my GP and ask for MTX to be reviewed so I can order that!

Ran dad Saturday, he's lost his carers as they were charging astronomical prices for doing nothing, so Anita hasn't paid the bill. She might have arranged something now though. He still gets his meals on wheels though and is very please with them (Nottingham County Council)

Reshmi. of course baby R is Lord A's biggest fan. How sweet that he tried to say his name.

Joan, thank you - I'll live, I'm a big girl and ugly enough to cope.

Barbara, I saw the advert for the thing to turn text to speech. I don't know if it would help or not.

Antoinette, sorry I worried you, but I'm OK thanks, just so so tired. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sicilian caponata

from Olive magazine

Ingredients

• olive oil 10 tbsp
    • aubergine 1 large (about 400g), cut into 3cm pieces
    • celery 2 sticks, strings removed, thinly sliced
    • carrots 1 large or two small, sliced into 3cm pieces, then finely sliced lengthways into rectangles
    • red onion 1, halved and finely sliced
    • bay leaf 1
    • dried chilli flakes a pinch, (optional)
    • red or white wine vinegar 2 tbsp
    • tomato passata 270ml
    • caster sugar 1 tsp
    • green olives 2 tbsp, pitted
    • capers 2 tbsp, rinsed
    • toasted pine nuts 2 tbsp
    • mint leaves to garnish

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat the oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7 and boil the kettle. Pour 8 tbsp of the olive oil into a roasting tin large enough to hold the aubergine pieces in a single layer (or split the aubergine equally between two roasting tins). Put the tin into the oven to heat up for 10 minutes.
    • STEP 2
    • Remove the hot tin from the oven and quickly tip in the aubergine, tossing to coat in the oil and spreading out in a single layer. Season with a little sea salt and roast for 25 minutes, carefully turning the cubes halfway through, until charred and softened.
    • STEP 3
    • While the aubergine is roasting, pour the boiled water from the kettle into a high-sided frying pan and boil the celery and carrot for 5 minutes. Drain the veg and rinse under cold running water to stop it cooking.
    • STEP 4
    • Wipe the pan clean, drizzle in the remaining olive oil and return to a medium heat. Fry the onion with the bay, chilli flakes, if using, and a pinch of salt for 10 minutes until the onion has softened and is aromatic. Pour in the vinegar, stirring to coat the onion. Tip in the passata and 100ml of water, then stir in the sugar until it has dissolved. Return the celery and carrot to the pan along with the olives, capers and pine nuts, and simmer for 5 minutes. Tip the roasted aubergine into the pan and gently stir to coat it in the sauce – use a metal spoon so as not to destroy the soft aubergine.
    • STEP 5
    • Simmer gently in the sauce for a few more minutes, then transfer to a serving platter and leave to cool. Drizzle with some more olive oil and scatter with mint leaves before serving.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280

Morning all I'm back ..Mr B can hardly get out if the chair just hope his op is soon

Toni your poor sister I understand if lot if wgat she us going through bless her x

Our eldest son us very tired but his friend lost a stone and half but us mot back in Ireland ..niamg went home Sunday but left her cold behind..hope your tummy gets sorted soon xx

Joan we are all gettung there thankyou..thankyou for all your best wishes love to all if you xx

Reshmi your dad dose need to be carful..there are so many people carrying covid I would want you or mum to get it xx

Mike ut must be really relaxing painting the figures ..I hopefully distracts a little firm the pain xx

Karh so you have this rotten cold on your chest..I know you have to be extra carful hope you feel better very soon..thankyou fir mentioning the reader ..the one on my phone druve ne dotty ...xx

Pouring down here

Love ti all

Xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh

Hi Kathleen sorry that your chest has got so bad medicines that create drowsiness is so horrible I know, oh dear I hope you feel better soon. Oh sweet indeed about the baby are but the thing is at the moment the sentiments aren’t quite reversed sometimes, LA will try and cuddle his younger sibling but sometimes he just wishes that the new baby were a tractor instead, lol. Nice Recipe take care

• bosh

Hi Barbara sorry to hear about Mr B, it must be very difficult, dad does indeed need to be careful but it’s really like talking to a brick wall, but I think he is more careful sometimes but not really as much as he needs to be. I meant to be going to this sort of lunch thing with my sister end of this week it’s a bit weird really, I hope she doesn’t have a temper tantrum as she is quite prone to those, almost as much as LA, obviously depends on the state of my stomach too, well, what happens happens I suppose, do you get on well with your siblings Barbara? Okay bye for now take care. Xx

• frogmorton
    edited 19. Oct 2021, 06:29

Morning everyone

Hi Joan my cold has gone just a little extra cough remaining luckily. I am seeing P this afternoon. Her sister as well as her daughter are both messaging me now so keeping in the loop. Hope you and Sue are ok? ((())) xxx

Kitty! Phew! My Peak flow is usually 320, but when I had my cold I couldn't raise 300 so I sympathise and my Resting heart rate stayed up too. Luckily my cough is going and I am back blowing enough. Good girl starting your rescue pack - I was on the edge, but lucky this time 🌈 Sleek reckons her potions will do you more good though

Carer agencies do charge the absolute earth they really do. I hope Dad has new carers now though and Anita has found a nice company who work hard for their money.

I'm all over that Sicilian caponata Kath it looks lovely. Double portions each for me and Kari and Lucy says she'll try some too please.

Now you young lady feet up and rest when you need to Sleek will adjust your blankie and keep the heating on right. She's using your gate today (the rain) so will be there in seconds.

Oh Reshmi your Dad is very silly not wrapping up🙄 Stubborn isn't he? Ah well I just hope his cold goes quickly for all your sakes😉

Isn't that the sweetest? Baby R actually looking for Lord A. Typical Lord A out there flirting (yes It could be said he is flirting with the girls) instead of being there to hear his baby brother calling him. Erm yes.....I do rather suspect he would rather have had a tractor, but he'll grow to love and rely on his brother in time.

You love your sister even if she can fly off the handle. Are you cooking at hers or eating out? If you are cooking at hers that could be fun....before lockdown Kari and me would have a cooking day with her daughter in law she's from the Philippines. I popped to see Kari yesterday dropped off some beetroots. Long story!

You are right about exercising when you are carrying weight my sister lives on a hill and has asthma too. I live in a flat part of the county only 5 miles away.

Glad your tum is much better now thank goodness. 😊

Barbara really good to see you. Niamh left her cold behind that was just so kind of her😁🤧 Well Kath, me and Reshmi have all had it so it's your turn too now.

Poor poor Mr B I do hope he gets a date soon. Wish we were millionaires we would just do it would we? I watched that programme about the NHS last night until I fell asleep. Interesting.

That is terrifying a stone and a half, but at least he has stayed inside and not spread it (unless anyone caught it one the plane/ferry of course, but he had tested ok). I hope he feels well enough to go home soon. Some holiday that was for him!

Love to you all ((())) xxx

Mike I hope Sue is well today. Enjoy your natter and treat I wonder what it is....🤨 Vixen might have to put up with the hoover if it's raining like here🙄

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) does a cold stay with you longer because of all your problems ((())) Sue's carers are paid for by the council I think it depends on how much money you have. I hope Anita can find him some help ((())). Love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((()) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) is the brother that's not well a mother brother not the one with the girlfriend. Sorry about Mr B I hope he hears soon ((())) sorry you have the cold ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((()))

Toni ((())) that's good your cold has gone it stayed ((())) that's nice you can see P ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers (((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kai ((())) and P (((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) you have a busy house old there. Love to everyone ((())) take care

Mike ((())) have a good day today ((())) and vixen ((()))

Love to Chris ((())) and Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1

Morning Mike - half a dozen knights is good for a week. They look pretty tricky to paint I would have to borrow Paul's reading specs to do them. Soon be time for an updated photo?? Or not quite yet?

Will try to take a couple of photos dreckly!

Mike ut must be really relaxing painting the figures ..I hopefully distracts a little firm the pain xx

It is normally relaxing and distracts me from the pain but I can only do it for 10-15 minutes at a time until it kicks in again.

Mike I hope Sue is well today. Enjoy your natter and treat I wonder what it is....🤨 Vixen might have to put up with the hoover if it's raining like here🙄

Looking forward to it, have some special almond and cherry biscuits today. Vixen is already playing around indoors as it is raining here too.

Have a good one peeps.

• bosh

Hi Toni, glad your cold is A lot better now, thanks about my dad yes he is extremely stubborn. Yes very sweet about baby R, thanks. Yes time will make their relationship better indeed, LA did once Say that that his younger brother‘s name is tractor, so I’m taking that as a good sign, lol. Yes I agree it’s a complex relationship with my sister, but isn’t that so often the way? I do wish she felt less inhibited with me though but I’ll leave it there, I’ve promised myself not to write a thesis for everyone’s good including mine, lol. The Cooking day sounds nice but no this time we are meant to be eating out, it’s just as well in some ways, because she makes their house really hot, I mean I’ve never seen it under about 24°, my skin really hurts when I go there. Yes sorry about your sis, dad and sister have asthma too. I live on the hill but the side I walk on is fine, the other side is really steep and really only for very athletic people luckily no one really needs to use that side so that’s something. Thanks about my stomach. Buttered teacake looks great but it’llhave to be a fictional one for me today, do you know, the bil only ever eats butter? Never margarine? And he’s wondering why he’s putting on weight… thanks about my stomach bye for now.

• bosh

Joan Hope you and Sue have a good day too. Hi Barbara Kathleen Hope you’re well take care everyone half asleep now need to sign off, lol. Xx

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023

Evening everyone

it’s me popping in again. I said in my last post that our cruise was going ahead but oh my giddy aunt getting all the paperwork sorted that they want this time is a nightmare, it all has to be done on line it’s accounts for this accounts for that Mr T has had a nightmare of a time sorting it all out. But hopefully we have done all we can at the moment. All we have to do now is complete a health declaration form 3 days before we go. And then fill in the passenger locator form 2 days before we arrive home. Which are all set up on mr T’s iPad to complete on the relevant days. Lucky enough as we are fully vaccinated with the 2 covid jabs so we do not have to take a PCR test before we go but we have them booked for 2 days after our return which is a must. As per the government. They are private ones So we have to pay for those. But at least we are going to save money where miss cookie is concerned because although we have her booked in at the cattery. Our youngest daughter is going to come and stay at our house and look after the cat. Which means we can cancel the cattery. Which saves us over £200. And miss cookie will be in her own home and not in the cattery. We have booked our covid booster jabs for this Friday. So it’s a very busy week because on Thursday I I have an audiology appt to speak to Audiologist about having the ear fittings that she originally wanted to give me on my hearing aids But because of the pandemic and shortage of appointments she gave me the ones I have at the moment to help in the meantime. Youngest daughter was pinged by track and trace on Saturday and told to take a pcr test which thankfully came back negative. My sister did manage to get London last week and we had a lovely lunch just me and her it was really nice we both enjoyed it very much. Just a little picture for you of our little Ava who is now 3 months old

Where has the time gone. We have just under 2 weeks for our cruise success at last after 3 previous cancellations.

that’s all for now love and Sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton

Morning Everyone!

Joan it was a nasty cold there I think somehow I gave it to Kath😁 only joking it's doing the rounds. P was in great spirits would you believe i found her teaching the nurses to paint!!!! Incredible. Hope you are both well ((())) xxx

Mike cherry and almond biccies😋 I bet they went down well. Yes dreckly with those photos would be lovely it is good that doing them also distracts from your pain short term. Someone said we were getting a storm up here today. Hope you don't and Vixen and my puss can get outside.

Reshmi eating out sounds a lot more comfortable for your poor skin. Not good is it overheating the house. Think of their energy bills too😮

Family cooking days are lovely, but we haven't risked one since before COVID Kari and her DIL can they are in a bubble. Why am I not surprised BIL loves his butter!

Yes siblings can have complicated relationships Kari and me used to fight like cat and dog - not now though and my friend P who is in the hospice well her sister (they used to fight terribly too) is being just WONDERFUL. So when the chips are down you will be able to rely on your sister I am sure.

Oh I do think if Baby R is also known as 'tractor' his brother is warming to him😂 bless Lord A!

I'm glad you don't have the really steep hill to contend with when you go out. Today again I think we might have rain to contend with. Someone told me a storm here😫

Morning Carol. You will be off soon I am so pleased for you. FINALLY! You deserve a break it should do Mr T good. Doing the paperwork probably did not🙄

I'm so glad your daughter is going to 'cat sit' for Miss Cookie she will be much happier in her own home. Our girls do that for us between them and it's much better for your pocket and the cats! I'm pleased to hear her PCR was negative.

I'm surprised you don't have to have a PCR to board or even a lateral flow. Good for you but what if someone else brings the virus on with them? Easy enough to do a PCR when you get home. Maybe they'll do one when you get to the ship. A friend had to do one before boarding (lateral flow).

Ava looks so sweet I can't tell you how alike are your Gchildren and GGchildren are! I would have known she was one of your brood anywhere.

Good luck with audiology and I bet your hearing will be amazing afterwards 😁

Kitty you had better be alright. Sleek has told me not to worry - that she has it all in hand, but I do. Sending lots of ((())) and some🌈🌈🌈

Barbara I hope your eyes benefitted from their day off the screen. ((())) to you too.

Breakfast today frittata

Reshmi will make some tea I'm sure

• Mike1

Mike cherry and almond biccies😋 I bet they went down well. Yes dreckly with those photos would be lovely it is good that doing them also distracts from your pain short term. Someone said we were getting a storm up here today. Hope you don't and Vixen and my puss can get outside.

I didn't like the biccies, they were too dry for me even with a brew but Sue took the rest of the packet home with her. No storm down here ...... yet ..... we have blue skies and fluffy white clouds so Vixen is out somewhere. Have a good one.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Toni ((())) we had heavy rain this morning. P must be very relaxed there that's good ((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and P ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Carol ((())) I'm sure it will be worth it in the end lovely photo love to Mr T ((())) and the rest of the family ((()))

Barbara ((())) have a good day all of you (((())) I hope Mr B ((()))hears soon ((()))

Reshmi ((())) how are things with you take care

Mike ((())) have a good day and vixen

love to Chris ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    edited 20. Oct 2021, 11:18

I'm a little teapot short and stout, but very stylish.

Joan, I've always been prone to colds, even as a child. But having a lung disease makes me more prone to chest infections. I had a few years of constant chest infections and hospital stays. Then I had a couple of years of no chest infections which coincided with lockdown. Now the world is no longer in lockdown, all those germs are headed my way!

Carol, how nice to see you - and Ava is growing up so. 😀

Barbara, I hope Mr B doesn't have to wait long either.

Antoinette, I'm dosing myself daily with Sleek's potions and Poultices. Guess what, the DN came yesterday to steal some blood. I have 2 narrow veins very close to each other and she got the wrong one, no blood. So she tried the other one and got loads. No bruises. 😋

Reshmi, I hope you have a good day.

Best Vegan Cauliflower Cheese

HELLO THERE!

British Prep Time: 5 minutesCook Time: 20 minutesTotal Time: 25 minutes Servings: 6 people Author: James Wythe

Ingredients

• 1 cauliflower
    • 50 g cashews soaked for 5 minutes in hot water
    • 200 ml unsweetened almond milk (I use rude health as it's quite thin)
    • 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
    • 1 tbsp olive oil
    • 1 tsp dijon mustard
    • Pinch salt & pepper

Instructions

• Pre-heat your oven to 200C
    • Slice the cauliflower into large quarters, no need to remove the leaves or core (reduces food waste and it adds texture and flavour)
    • Place the cauliflower into boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes
    • Meanwhile soak the 50g cashews in hot water for 5 minutes
    • Drain the cashews, add to a blender cup along with 200ml almond milk, 4 tbsp nutritional yeast, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp dijon mustard, salt and pepper and blend until smooth
    • Drain the cauliflower and place into a baking dish or skillet pan
    • Pour over the cheesy sauce and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 200C until golden

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh

Hi Toni, thanks about the sibling info, feeling a bit rundown today but it’s not arthritis related, just the female stuff und so weiter can I speak insert German phrase for variation ? probably not, (just means et cetera “auf Deutsch”. I will Indeed make tea though I’ve not even had one cup today, well I’m sure I will survive, lol.Have a Nice day Toni, I promise I will reply properly at some later point. Tc xx