Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Sorry I’m late, I’ve been enjoying the tender attentions of the busbabies. I’m feeling OK, just a bit tired. I have a telephone appointment with the Asthma nurse on 20th. It’s all go innit. Can’t stop, wishing everyone well.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,037
    Options

hi Joan thanks, you take care too x.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Morning everyone!

Mike....hmmmmm so the icky sicky on the carpet was not dealt with dreckly then?!! 😉 Very wise indeed even if a climb back of the floor is needed afterwards. 🤢

Shame she did it after Sue had been! Lemon drizzle one of my favourites! Glad you are having your booster best of luck🤞

Morning Reshmi! the chocolate is definitely vegan I checked because sometimes a little bit of chocolate is what we all need😘thank you for the tip!

Flares are the worst aren't they. Nothing like them it's so difficult to get through, but touchwood all is pretty well now just whatever we are left with after the flares are done with us. Hope you remembered your physio.

How was LLF? Ok I hope and not too odd. Good she tried to ring you because she needs friends too especially if her main contact is only her son. If you need a crutch sometimes use it I believe it is far more important for us to keep moving than almost anything.

Thank you for asking Lucy's appt went well not got to go now for 6 months!!!! She is ver the moon her skin is really good at the moment she is so happy. A good birthday present for her it was.

Oh gosh no don't send raw meat pics to a veggie or vegan! Poor BIL's Mum!!😣

Voice control was very well behaved yesterday no rude words🤭

Oh Lord A how right is he? Everyone's best friend he would be mine too if I met him I am certain ((()))🤗 I am thinking about your Mum and hoping she is feeling ok about her imminent procedure everything will be 🤞

Hi Joan Lucy had a lovely birthday thank you we also got the Christmas tree up but not decorated. Is yours up? Love to you and Sue and hope the carers are all doing ok ((())) xxx

Morning Kitty. Madame la Sleekipuss has been over to swap your bush-babies, but they both said they wanted to stay another day so sorry you now have 4 of them! Luckily she did a quick Tesco trip and fetched you extra jammie dodgers.

Oh it is all go! Asthma nurse, extra blood tests for kidneys 🙄How is your breathing. I haven't seen the respiratory nurse now for 2 years just one phone call that's all. I do wish this COVID would settle down so we can get back to whatever normal will be.

I read that we will have a call the midwife Christmas special!! I am so pleased. Must get me a RT like you so i can have something to look forward to!

Right I had better get me dressed and showered....maybe not in that order though🤭

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath (()) I hope you and Chris have a good weekend love to Anita ((())) and Val (()) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) I hope everyone has a good weekend sue is going to the optician's today I'm waiting for a Dr from the hospital to phone me I have too much calcium in my blood. Love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((()) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) have a good weekend all of you. Sue has male carers some times two at a time she don't mind they wash her she just wants to get up. love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good weekend and your mum ((())) take care

Mike ((())) have a good weekend and vixen I'm sure she keeps you busy ((()))

love to Carol ((())) and Mr T ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

hi Kathleen how are you? hope he has my appointment goes well xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni how are you today? You’re Welcome about the chocolate tip. Yes I did remember The physio thanks. LLF was Okay thanks, she is quite odd by nature, lol, but she wasn’t was not extra odd thanks, she’s got a temp job in Reading very related the job she used to do, which was some kind of design lecturer, this job is just invigilating and I have a feeling she is staying in quite a posh hotel for a few weeks now and then just to do this job?! I know she can afford to go to but definitely not cost-effective, she could easily have stayed with Roger for example, but her strangeness has many facets that and I doubt anyone is brave enough to tell her that, lol. It was a nice meal thanks for asking, just a semi- veggie Fryup time type, thing but quite tasty, nice hot food on a cold day. Mum is okay thanks for asking not long till fear op. Ok I’m Leaving it there Toni as methotrexate is getting the better of me take care. Xx

hi Barbara ow are you today? did you manage to order those M&S socks? are they helping? bye for now keep warm xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    edited 10. Dec 2021, 18:19
    Options

Evening all

Not a good day my tooth bridge that hold three has come away and broke the teeth holding it together 😭I have a dentist but there's not much they can do before Christmas..

Toni a massive Happy Birthday to Lucy 🎂🍸🍨xx..hope she is spoiled rotten ..and I know Aidan will be thinking about her..yes apparently they will fit a bigger stent for my brother ..he us so tired tho now xx

Reshmi thankyou Mr B is my hubby..he's the one waiting for an hip . Well 2 to be honest .I had both mine replaced so I can help with advice..I don't fancy raw meat and I'm not vegi.. hope your tummy is behaving xx

Kath I saw you had both jabs hope you have been OK with them ..take care xx

Joan I hope your appointment goes OK..did you say it was a telephone one..to much calcium I wonder what they do to bring that down ..I don't have enough xx

Carol our eldest son has been poorly with long covid he is recovering now thank goodness...I hope your granddaughter will be OK..hope you feel more yourself soon xx

Mike glad you are giving your booster..I just had a sore arm with that one...its a shame you have to pay to get there xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone 😊

Joan your Sue is good accepting male carers I wouldn't but that's just me (and Barbara I think!) My Lovely neighbour copes with whoever too she just wants nice people. Hope all was well at the optician's for Sue too and can the hospital do anything about the calcium?

Oh dear me Barbara bro is tired? I don't like the sound of that. Has he said how the cancer is doing? Maybe he is tired because he isn't getting enough to eat just at the moment? I hope so and that the stent helps ((())) for you

Thank you Lucy did have a lovely birthday she got what she wanted bless her. Aidan loved Lucy he wanted to be there when she ever went to choose a wedding dress...😕

Yesterday Kari and her DIL came over and we made Christmas wreaths. Mine were for the village as was Kari's Kari's DIL's for herself and it was FAB U LOUS! To quote Craig Revel-Hall (sp). I also did one of the two crosses needed for one of the people in the village. These wreaths (apart from Kari's DIL) are mostly for graves.

I am so very sorry about your bridge! That's such bad timing a lot of closed mouth smiles for you until after Christmas and careful eating. No nuts. Mind only almonds for kidneys anyway so I doubt you eat many of them 🙄

Reshmi thank you I am pretty well thank you I hope your MTX side effects have worn off today?

Sounds like your LLF might also have more brains than are good for her if she has lectured and is now invigilating? Confirms our theory about watching our waistlines and brain sizes! Maybe she is looking for a nice treat in a hotel and a change? Hopefully if she can afford it it will do her good. Glad she was no odder than usual🤭. I think we are all odd in our own ways but there is odd and really odd isn't there?

Veggie fry-up would go down a treat with me today and I bet it did with you too being your post MTX day yesterday. I know it's naughty but really there isn't much better. Your BIL would have loved it and had seconds and a live cow to go with😁

Today we are having a small family meal for Lucy's birthday. I hope your day is good. Don't forget your physio!

Mike did you have your booster? Are you doing ok after it was this your first pfizer (even if it has got a different name)? Hope all is well.

Kitty me duck I hope you are doing ok? Madame la Sleekipuss has been over and intended to do another Bush-baby swap, but they wanted to stay along with the two new ones! So how many have you got now? ((()))

Any news yet on your repeat bloods?

I am starting to feel sorry for Curtis on Coronation street he clearly believes that he is ill bless him. I think he thinks they've missed something.

Take care everyone

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Barbara ((())) I'm so sorry you have so many problems ((())) you did not want that to happen with your teeth at Christmas the worse time ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and fiancé ((())) I have to drink plenty of water calcium makes osteoporosis worse. I could go to Oxford and have the calcium drained off.

Toni ((())) does Lucy ((())) have to work at Christmas. and Tia ((())) I hope you have a good weekend I bet that was good doing the wreaths. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((())) I have to have a body scan I've had them before.

Reshmi ((()))have a good weekend take care

Kath ((())) have a good weekend all of you.

Mike ((())) have a good weekend love to vixen

love to Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike did you have your booster? Are you doing ok after it was this your first pfizer (even if it has got a different name)? Hope all is well.

Morning. Yes I had the Pfizer as a booster on top of my previous Oxford Astra Zenica jabs, this time I had a sore arm for 3 days which was nothing drastic and a damn site better than getting the virus, not that there is much chance of that anyway! Still plodding along with my castle and it is looking hopeful that I will get it finished in the next couple of weeks. Got to start wrapping pressies this weekend as it hurts so much it will take a while to get them done. I have friends who I regard as my surrogate parents (Ted is 93 and Joan is 83) who are exiled in Devon so I must get their parcel in the post on Monday to make sure that it gets there in time. When I had my car I would go up to see them every couple of months but it has been 3 years since I have seen them, we do natter on the phone sometimes though. Anyway, that's me for the day, have a good one peeps.

• Kitty
    edited 11. Dec 2021, 10:56
    Options

Morning all, I still have sore arms, but had no other problems with either the flu jab or the Pfizer. Like Mike, our first two were AZ - now they were awful, but as you say Mike, better than the virus!

Barbara, how is Mr B coping with the wait for details of his op? He must be nervous.

Joan, I have to take Calcium and Vitamin D for Osteoporosis, I've never heard of it making it worse, but I know you can have too much sometimes. Do you have hypercalcaemia? My eldest daughter was born with it and I had to leave her in hospital for a week, she couldn't come home with me, 😥 😪

Reshmi, I am much better now thank you. I think tje sneezing was my allergy to molds (rotting leaves) so I'm still sneezing. 😫

Antoinette mi duck, I am blessed with all the bush babies (26 last time I counted) they take it in shifts, but eating all my jammy dodgers! I'll have to put the on a diet. But they look so appealing I can'tsay no. 😏

Caramelised onion, pine nut and cauliflower pasta

40 Minutes Serves 2Easy

Roast cauliflower, juicy raisins and slow-cooked onions come together to create this easy vegan pasta dish, ready in 40 minutes!

By Anna Gloverfom Olive magazine.

Ingredients

• olive oil 1 tbsp
    • onions 2, finely sliced
    • cauliflower 1 small, cut into florets
    • wholewheat pasta (spaghetti works well) 150g
    • raisins ½ tbsp
    • sherry vinegar (ensure vegan, if needed) 1 tbsp
    • pine nuts 2 tbsp
    • flat-leaf parsley a handful, chopped

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan over a low heat and fry the onions with a pinch of salt for 20-30 minutes or until golden and caramelised. Add a splash of water to speed up the process or if the onions start to darken too much.
    • STEP 2
    • Meanwhile, heat the grill to high. Toss the cauliflower on a tray with the remaining oil and season well. Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning halfway through, until the cauliflower is golden and crisp, and the stalks are tender. Cook the pasta in a pan of boiling salted water following pack instructions until al dente.
    • STEP 3
    • Stir the raisins, vinegar and pine nuts into the onions. Fry for a minute more until the vinegar evaporates and the nuts are toasted.
    • STEP 4
    • Drain the pasta, reserving 100ml of the water. Tip the pasta into the onion mixture along with the cauliflower. Toss everything together well, adding a splash of the reserved water to loosen. Scatter with the parsley to serve.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    edited 11. Dec 2021, 13:47
    Options

Hi Barbara Mr B is your hubby okay got it I hope he gets his hip surgery soon that’s good that you can give him advice, I know what you mean about raw meat I too eat meat but that doesn’t mean I want to see a raw plate of it or a cow at lunchtime, lol. My stomach isn’t really behaving but thanks for asking but I think that’s probably just methotrexate and poss the time of the month . I hope you have a nice day. Take care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni how are you today? I’m glad you’re feeling well I took the methotrexate on Friday so still experiencing a bit of side-effects just really feeling fairly shattered but at the moment my mood isn’t too bad not sure how long that last though, tried the barley sugar idea the ones I ordered are maybe not that great tasting there’s a bit of a cough lozenge taste, but that’s good really because it makes it less tempting so I tried my mum‘s idea of just sucking the sweet and then taking it out of my mouth it’s okay it’s not too bad but it’s complex really, anything that tastes really good sweet wise is it is not good for you or me, but it’s good to have them around though because my mum has a bag of jelly sweets with her just in case as she feels her blood sugar is too low but The problem of course with this is that you have to swallow them but boiled sweets good idea so far at least I do enjoy the taste of normal, boiled sweets, the fruit ones or whatever, but I’m just trying not to tempt myself too much but like I said at least the sweets are around so if I’m really feeling nauseous I have a strategy 😄, i’ll let you know how things go though because if I feel that the sweet temptation is growing, i’ll have to dispose of them possibly put them in the charity box at least to me but so far it’s not such a bad idea in my opinion. That’s funny about the brain size thing. I haven’t measured her brain yet just joking, of course, lol, she’s obviously an intelligent lady whether she’s extra intelligent it’s hard for me to say but she’s always has been very very eccentric I don’t think it’s necessarily a kind of scatty mega intellectual thing I could be wrong but I think she’s just generally pretty odd even odder than me, even odder than Toni and everybody in Val’s café so there is a measurement for you only joking of course, yes the invigilator job is quite strange basically she’s in her 60s and she took voluntary severance because of a physical health problem and she wanted to keep herself busy but she’s been doing the invigilator job on and off even through the worst parts of the lockdown she says misses contact with people and I understand that but contact with kids (the super spreaders) when she doesn’t have to do it financially, not sure that’s a good idea. Yeah it’s nice to have a break in a nice hotel if you can afford it I agree but the thing is she was going on and on about saving money so travelling to another town and paying for expensive accommodation that just doesn’t make any sense to me she’s enjoying it fine but why she’s calling in a money-saving exercise well that’s that’s that’s only something that the LF understands, lol . Hey I’m just going to take a break for a second because I’m in the middle of doing some stuff and my mum should be coming back very soon from her successful cataract surgery, yay! Okay I’ll stop for a minute or two possibly longer bye for now Toni I’m not ignoring you I will reply to the other things when I’ve got a minute take care.xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni I’m back again but just extremely briefly feeling quite tired now mum is doing okay thank you I hope Lucy has a nice birthday celebration meal, when was her birthday was it today ? I’m just asking because my mum‘s birthday is today as well! But she said she doesn’t really want a fuss until she is able to celebrate properly probably next week when the excess family come (oh my Goodness,), okay I’m getting really tired so hi to Joan (and Sue) and also to Kathleen hopefully I’ll have more energy tomorrow bye for now ladies and Mike take care. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone!

Mild out there today.

I will be on edge. Paul's brother and sister are coming. I have worked out how to sit us all 2m apart, it can be done, I will put heating on and windows open too. I will also volunteer to fetch Lucy from work which will minimise contact with them whilst looking like a nice friendly person - I hope🤞

Morning Mike oh yes achy arm, but who cares about that.... waaaay preferable to COVID isn't it? I agree with you 100% they could jab me daily if it would protect me!!

Well done Making so much progress with the Castle😊 That's a little faster than I expected you must have been quietly busy. I am so sorry you can't see your adopted parents that's so unfair, but Devon in a taxi would be an awful lot of money. Thank goodness we have telephones these days.

Morning Joan yes Lucy, Tia and Charley will all be working over Christmas at various times, but i do hope I will see them all if not together. Probably safer anyway don't you think?

I will do a special wreath for my lovely neighbours I am going round to see them on Tuesday to see what she'd like and have a cup of turmeric tea. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Kitty that pasta looks lovely I think l would like a large portion with an option on seconds? Kari too please.

Oh dear 26 Bush-babies I am sorry i think Sleek just left with some more. I will cat-chat her to bring some back with her if she can. I hope Chris doesn't mind they are house trained. Oh Sleek had a sack of jammy dodgers with her and some custard creams I hear they are partial to the odd custard cream....

Not bothered about sore arms are we? better that than covid any day.

I hope you are ok not too much trouble with the sacroiliac joint ((()))🌈

Morning Reshmi how are you today hopefully the MTX effects have settled for another week. Jelly babies are supposed to be fairly good calorie wise my sister says models use them if they need a boost like your Mum. Obviously we have the figures of models🤥

😁

If LLF is 'odder' than us lot them she is really very odd indeed bless her!!! That is odd🤭 So you didn't take your tape measure with you when you saw her? I think brain and belly measurements need to be taken if you suspect issues....Paul's brother and sister are coming today (help!! I don't want excess family!) my tape measure will definitely not require my tape measure😉

LLF has more money than sense I would certainly dodge children ATM if possible, but maybe she feels that is where her 'skill set' is. Invigilating. Like that? Skill set. Mine is in eating I think😁

I am so glad your dear Mum is now safely home and well after her cataract surgery. Did they do both eyes? HAPPY BIRTHDAY to her

Diabetic of course.

Lucy's real birthday is 9th December, but everyone was working so celebrations slightly delayed. She had her dermatology apt on her birthday.

Love to you Barbara I hope you are doing ok ((()))

Better get on need to run the hoover round...help!

**************RIP our Dear Friend Aidan****************

2 years ago today he went to be with his parents Pepe, Cookie and Tosca 🌈

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) how is your sacroiliac joint now I hope it is less painful ((())) is Chris feeling better now ((())) I take vitamin D The Doc said that's different. I don't know if when I have the body scan I have to wear my mask in the machine. love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val (((())) and Emily (((())) and your Dad (((())))

Toni (((())) i think that would be very frustrating for you Paul's brother and sister coming all sorts of things would be going around in your head. I'm sure it would be alright have a good time ((())) That's gone quick 2 years since Aidan went to see is lovely cats (((())) love to Paul ((())) and Charley (((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari (((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

Reshmi ((())) have a good day that's good your Mum has had the op Happy birthday to her ((()))

Barbara ((())) and family thinking about you and your problems ((()))

Mike have a good day and vixxen ((()))

love to Carol (((())))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Morning my lovelies. A new poem, you might think of P while reading it,

Sing No Sad Songs

Sing no sad songs for me my dears,

no dirges,

no mournful faces. 

Don’t look for me in the darkness,

or search the empty spaces,

Remember  me as a cheerful song

no dirges, 

no mournful faces.

My future is assured, I will see Joyful places.

So sing no sad songs for me my dears,

no dirges,

no mournful faces.

Remember me with hearts of joy

and look for me in light and sunny places.

Kitty Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni yes I think my photo side-effects have settled for now thank you, how are you today? It’s about the jelly babies yes I have been a model figure all my life 🤣. No I did my tape measure in my handbag, got a new handbag actually that I got at night on that at the Next sale online, sort of slightly dressy not every day one but it was a good bargain, I just thought I’d mention it as I used it went to the café meal with LLF et cetera and also because LLF said that she has another part-time job as well now working on the till at the Next in the seaside town where she lives! So I think she is going to scan a few extra barcodes so no more shoplifting for you and I Toni, all the fashion we can find free of charge courtesy of LLF, okay that last bit may not be speed my not be strictly true, lol. You may have a point there, maybe doing the invigilating reminds her of her previous job, yes dangerous and strange to put it mildly oh well there’s no real point me saying anything she would explode, haha, she also told me how much she’s been walking miles and miles really impressive sometimes she walks 26 miles a day but she hasn’t lost any weight whatsoever you know I think her diet has become really faulty but then again this is something I also keep to myself, two could become a professional eater, lo, i’d happily do the overtime too, with or without pay. I find I’m getting some ulcers and Sore gums which I didn’t really used to have before at least not so much the nurse mentioned at one point it could be due to not having enough folic acid but I can’t do anything about obviously I take the tablets I’m supposed to at least I try to but the problem is mouthwashes like Listerine I find really unpleasant and strong and I sometimes end up throwing them up so Im trying using the kids’ mouthwash, which is pretty mild and I’ll see how that goes I was just wondering Toni do you have similar problems with else’s if so how do you deal with it please thank you? I know of course folic acid can be increased naturally through diet, but as for leafy green vegetables and all that kind of stuff feel I’m having a lot of those already, I don’t really eat enough nuts because they tend to upset my stomach that’s another problem okay that’s the end of the folic acid enquiry, lol, thank you. Thanks so much about my mum I also pass on the birthday wishes I hope Lucy had a nice birthday too and that the meal went well. I hope the Excess family visit isn’t going too badly, oh dear. I better go for now Toni my mum was really happy after her surgery for about five minutes but now she is in a terrible mood again I don’t really know why I just said that when my XS family visit happens which is Friday of next week, sister et cetera that she should take it easy no need to cook spectacular meals indeed no need to cook anything at all my dad and I can manage I’m not a Masterchef but I can cook sufficiently when the need arises et cetera and that off volcano eruption number 5000 oh well at least she can see properly hope you have a nice afternoon take care. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi Kathleen that was a very lovely and moving poem I liked it a lot, glad you’re generally feeling better but sorry to hear about the sneezing due to mould allergies I also have a fair few allergies like strangely enough lilies but sometimes my dad brings them into the house anyway typically “nice” of him bye for now take care. X

• bosh
    Options

hi Joan how are you and Sue today? thanks so much about my mum I let her know about your birthday wishes, weather is quite mild here thankfully how’s it where you are? have a nice day and care. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Barbara how are you today? Sorry to hear about your teeth I hope you manage to get a dental appointment fairly soon . The weather is a bit milder here thankfully didn’t even need a thermal vest when I went out for my walk. My mum‘s operation went well thanks but she is quite Grumpy, oh my goodness. Tc. Xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all..I will ring the dentist tomorrow but don't think they can do much before Christmas

Toni I am trying not to smile..😅not me though I smile at everyone 😁

Glad Lucy got what she wanted si well deserved bless her..and Aidan will be pleased..my bother just hasnt the energy ..he Say's his blood's are ok but he's lost so much weight ..

I don't blame you fir being cautious about having family round ..its mot worth it ..xx

Kath you are clever what a nice poem ...the one that leave us are always there in some form xx

Joan I am sure they will tell you if you can take your mask off in the scanner..hopefully you won't have to travel to Oxford but I know it's a really good hospital ..and thank again fir all the hugs ((((()))) xx

Reshmi I had to laugh at you and your rape measure must say I think I have a bit if a pea brain now 😜...hope your tummy is easing ..I used to suffer badly every month till I had my sons ..I am getting mixed up now who us

Totally agree Mike about the booster much better than getting covid ..I can't wait to see photo of the castle you are building xx

Love to all xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

There you go Barbara you can smile like this for a while if the dentist can't help before Christmas.

It's going to be impossible for you not to smile when you are usually so smiley. Thinking of you today🤞

Reshmi's tape measure is essential for measuring brain size and belly size neither of which should grow too large to be a healthy and 'vaguely normal' person😉

I think Kitty's poem works for Aidan and of course at the moment our P. It's lovely.

I hope your brother just needs extra nutrients and the stent will help, but you know i really do not like the sound of him ((())) for you

Joan we managed I had the windows open and we made sure the chairs were all 2m apart so that no-one was close to each other. Safety first. Boris only told everyone to get jabbed I thought he would do more to be honest did you?

Let's hope this doesn't mean it ruins Charley and Annie's wedding. Love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Morning Kitty. I just love the poem I can imagine P would have loved it and agreed with every word especially looking for her in light and sunny places oh yes. Of course our Aidan will be there too doing his laundry bless him. Feather duster in one hand.

I hope you have saved that poem somewhere safe because it is very comforting and could help people in the future as well as now.

Sleek has been over this morning to see how you are doing and whether she should some bush babies back? There is a mum with two babies in the sidecar who insisted on coming along though.....sorry

Good morning Reshmi. LLF has a lot of energy ⚡ pow! 26 miles? What is that about? I hope she is ok🤨 and not one but two part time jobs😮 The one at Next would be great wouldn't it? Just think of all the goodies we could buy at 10% off a whole new wardrobe full! Lucy is after new bedding too....🤣

Us supermodels need plenty of clothing to keep up our images don't we?

I wonder whether your Mum is feeling a little worried that you could manage without her? She has her place and role in the family which is probably cooking and running around after everyone. If her op prevents her from doing that she might feel a bit cross and frustrated, really with herself, but she took it out on you. All being well she will feel way better in time for excess family visiting and if not she will have the sense to let you and your Dad help.

Yes the meds can definitely affect our mouths. I use a mild mouthwash anyway day to day because listerine does sting. Folic acid can be taken every day except MTX day - how often do you take it? BUT did you know (if they are suddenly worse) they can be a sign of hand foot and mouth disease? My preferred treatment is igloo or is it iglu anway the stuff which goes over the ulcers like a plaster. BLISS!

Well I had better get in that shower while I have the energy....

A quick woo-oo! to Mike and Vixen

Actually I am starting to feel a bit Christmassy - shall we get the decorations up in the cafe?

• Kitty
    edited 13. Dec 2021, 07:55
    Options

I’ve edited the poem and I hope it is improved.

Sing no sad songs for me my dears,

no dirges,

no mournful faces. 

Don’t look for me in the darkness,

or search the empty spaces,

You will hear  me in a joyful song

My future is assured, I will see Joyful places.

no dirges, 

no mournful faces.

So sing no sad songs for me my dears,

no dirges,

no mournful faces.

Remember me with hearts of joy

and search in bright and sunny places.

Tell Madame Sleekipus I can cope with all the bus babies she can deliver and I need their support today as I am having a telephone Asthma review.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kath ((())) a mother good poem thank you. I hope you are feeling better today ((())) love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) we were born in Oxford. Sorry about your brother loosing weight (((())) I hope the dentist can help that was the wrong time for that to happen to your teeth ((())) love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) yes you did more than some people would they would not care (((()))) love to Paul ((())) and Charley (((())) I hope it's alright for their wedding and Annie ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Mari ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((()))

Reshmi (((())) how is your mum feeling today ((())) have a good day take care

Mike and vixen Ave a good day ((()))

Love Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx