Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,034
    Options

hi again Toni 🌺

I am able to send a proper message to you now that I’m back upstairs with my iPad stand and in a warm room 👍

i hope the Insurance paperwork wasn’t too time-consuming

tbh big baba was being a bit of a handful though of course I would never resort to biting unless of course I decide to study phlebotomy with a certain knows nurse we know and love 😂

LA actually departed about 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon my parents took him back to Maidenhead I didn’t go because I didn’t want another backache plus I was already tired

yes we do miss him of course but it’s also nice to be able to sleep properly

my sis told my mum that ever since the little visit of tiny BR which was quite recent, he’s been saying mima constantly and when he saw my parents he looked near the door for Mima -bless him ❤️

despite the cheese sandwich factor LA is of course very glad to be home even though he doesn’t get quite a spoiled there but I think grannies have a special license to do that don’t they? 👍

when he was here he said that Santa has put Riley and BR in his sack and when he goes home he’ll have to rescue them

He’s also convinced that the Grinch controls the heating

so that’s what’s happened to this thermostat! good to know if a bit worrying 😂

I just need to squeeze in a joke here about the rheumo doc at the hospital that I’d seen before of course I won’t put his real name on here but let’s just say it’s fast food related and of course I won’t call him B King but I think I will call him give him the name onion ring i’m in slang manner, The first time I saw him he really wasn’t that great in my opinion didn’t really seem to be listening or taking on board what I was saying this time he was definitely a bit better I still think lots of the things I said he probably wasn’t listening to but the main thing is that he did take on board past stomach ulcer and my wanting to self inject so that’s the main thing really and also in some ways it was of course good that I got to see a doctor this time (last time it was a nurse).

RR was at group - all present and correct, it was great to see him well, he really is extremely lazy though about some things though he’s bought his Christmas dinner fully prepared food from cinnamon barks - more slang - including a tomato salad he’s trying to save money and also says he’s quite good in the kitchen but he can’t even cut tomatoes to make a salad for one person? V odd

I think he and Bill need to meet really as long as somebody hides the choc tho, let’s hope that person isnt LA cheeky monkey though 🙊

Otherwise all that choc will be going straight into his tummy and he’ll do his tremendous drama king act saying “mummy tell Santa to bring me the Gaviscon The whole bottle please! Lorenzo‘s mum gives him the whole bottle” oh dear me 😂

Mum doesn’t seem too bad today thanks Toni she had a rash and I gave her some Sudocrem and it seems to have solved the problem 👍thank goodness

anyway I think I’ve waffled enough for now I am def in sauna mode but much better than Igloo mode of course

oh just wanted to mention that will be nice when Lucy is on holiday for a few days is she coming to your place for Christmas Day?

Bye Toni and Tc xx

ps I’ll have to tell LA to eat his pears otherwise they might eat him! Lol xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

how are you and Sue doing today?

Thanks , yes I will be self injecting once a week

thanks about my mum she had a rash but Sudocrem sorted it out 👍

I was worried in case it was start of a severe allergic reaction- she had that once but thankfully she’s ok now

I hope you both have a good evening bye tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,123
    edited 21. Dec 2022, 23:47
    Options

Just a quick goodnight from me, I did not get my post done & into the afternoon collection so conscience dictated I still finish everything and get it into the wide-mouthed box tonight. Even if all that happens is that it's picked up, you never know. I did have a tracked24 delivery or 2 back on days that were technically strike days because they will do or try to do those apparently so at least a parcel I sent yesterday may get through. Anyway it's meant abandoning ship in terms of getting much else done tonight but will have v little to do tomorrow I hope so will call in then & catch up properly 👋

Frog is back home and hopefully asleep by now 😊 having done brilliantly and getting some well-earned better sleep with a bit of luck, love to all & to Sleek, hope she was happy with 'her' shopping 😺 xx

Joan I too will be v interested to see if I get a card back 😉, not yet, if I don't well that's out of my hands I can't worry about it. Love to both see you tomorrow :) xx

'night to bosh, after talking before about it being the solstice (and I think I got it wrong and said it was the 20th) I haven't had a chance to mention it today, but hoorah for the shortest day I can look at the beautiful (and beautifully people-less) moonlit lane you posted knowing it will be a bit less moonlit every evening now 👍️🌜️ see you tomorrow look forward to catching up on all the chat then 😊 have a good night xx

Quick hello to Kitty and Barbara, hope you are ok 😘 xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,417
    Options

Morning everyone wish that was my tree! I am safely at home recovering from the last few weeks.

Morning Joan how are you doing today? Is your knee better after your fall? All is well here I am home. Hearing form my friend regularly she seems ok. ((())) to you both xxx

Heard from Kitty yesterday we had quite a chat she is so happy with her eye surgery just waiting to see the optician to sort out some reading specs now. Bless her. ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi you have been finding some lovely photos of our hair! Where did you find them? We look amazing😁

Awww I bet you all miss LA quite a bit, but really he is treated very well at home. Just as you know no cheese sandwiches for breakfast😉 He is so funny and must have really lightened the atmosphere at home for you. Ah well he'll come again another day I'm sure. He must do it's Mima her loves best. At least you will sleep now though on the upside.

Of course Grannies are allowed to spoil their Grandbabies totally it's in the rule-book. I think chapter 2🤔 He will be happy to be home of course bless him.

I hope he can rescue his friends from Santa's sack (what an imagination!) and could you get teh Grinch to sort my thermostat out please.

Well done getting to group. I got home yesterday afternoon and had my shop due so only managed a tiny walk I'm afraid. It was a perfect day for it wasn't it? Glad you enjoyed yours and got to the group too well done. Any sign of RR? I hope he's ok and if he was there that he was nice to people. Ah I see he was there and not too strange that's good. A Christmas dinner ready made is maybe a good idea even if he is the next jamie Oliver everyone needs the day off😂

Can you just imagine him and BIL together? They would just eat rubbish all day and all night until they collapsed. Large bottles of gaviscon extra can be bought, but a whole bottle?😯

Thanks for asking I am ok recovering from all my helping these last few weeks. It's lovely being home I am so happy to be here with my own husband and cat. Saw Lucy yesterday. Charley and Annie both tested positive though (they have to test before work as they both work in the care sector) although both are 100% well. I am scared now as they were at the funeral. Tested neg yesterday, but will check again tomorrow not today don't want to waste tests.

Take care and keep warm doors shut! ((()))

Morning Toady how are you today? Well done getting the post off into the wide mouthed frog postbox. You have given it the best chance you can. I have given up for this year completely everyone will get their cards next year.

It's lovely to be home Sleek is thrilled with that and her shopping. Quite a lot of cockles and herrings?🤢 nice. I was in bed before 9 and fast asleep by the time you were posting. Heard from my friend she is doing ok.

Did you let Bosh have those pics of our good hair days? I felt quite pretty in the first one🤭now I see it on line I am less sure....

winter solstice yesterday.

Hope today you relax a bit (me too) you deserve it feet up a bit maye? ((()))

Of course I am sending my love to Carol and Barbara hoping they are both (and their families) really well and ((())) xxx

• bosh
    Options

Hi everyone hope you’re all doing ok today? Xx

wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,926
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I’m pleased you are happy with your cataract operation good (()) have a good day. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) have a good day. Good you got your cards posted. It shows you care about your neighbours even if they don’t.

Barbara (()) I hope you are having a good day love to Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and his girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s nice you are back in your own bed (()) That was hard for both of you your friend got through it with your help (()) love to her (()) I hope Charley and Annie are alright.yes my leg still hurts it’s better when it’s had a rest and I take Tramadol. Have a good day (()) any news on the camper van. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (())and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you feeling today love to your mum (()) I hope she is well have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

👋toady 🐸

winter solstice that’s interesting hope you had a nice moonlit walk

bye for now xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

im not too bad thanks mums ok thanks a bit angry but tbh that’s not that abnormal lol

bye for now tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni 🌺

how are you?

glad you’re safely home 👍

hair - I just searched for bad hair or something like that lol but thanks 🙏

it’s been quite a day here already Toni was a v sluggish morning but that was normal really considering I had such a good day yesterday if I felt really good today too I would’ve been on some kind of high - you know what I mean - but thank goodness that didn’t happen

then a lot of not so good things happened mums in a terrible mood- could be stomachache but she wont communicate with me atm 🤷‍♀️

thing is RR paid an extortionate price for salad he was complaining anyway need to stop now because it’s 22.5 degrees Celsius in the sauna 🥵🥵

will post again today hopefully

bye Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni 🌺and toady🐸

how are you both this evening?

is been a bit on ooky day for me I’m afraid

im not feeling too bad now though apart from a bit of back pain mum had stomachache earlier but she’s ok now 👍

just another poetic offering from me while I remember

this one’s called Christmas Tea and Toast / Nut Roast

even though your neighbour might not be the perfect host

invite her round for some nice nut roast

other she will spend Christmas day alone

pester you via the rotary phone

asking if catnip -flavoured eggnog cups are available in Styrofoam 😡

• bosh
    Options

Hi again Toni 🌺

sorry about the situation with Lucy I hope she doesn’t test positive again 🤗

Bill and RR together would be indeed be a v toxic combination at least for their GI health thats true 😂

I also noticed recently that Bill is not even wearing a winter coat when he goes outside some of the time I know that he has lived in America I think prob around California area and also he was born in India of course in Calcutta presumably so the thing even though historically he wasn’t used to coat - wearing I’m not sure why wearing he’s not wearing one now because he’s lived here for at least five years, especially when he’s got this terrible acid reflux cough which seems to be getting worse - he’s getting as stubborn as dad in some ways oh well I don’t interfere of course I know my place distributor of jelly babies in LA’s world at least 🍬🍬

for Christmas Day we will be going to EF in Maidenhead my mum is preparing some of my food the food and my sister is doing the rest and she’s also baking a nice chocolate cake because it’s of course Bill‘s birthday on Christmas day itself I may not be partaking of the chocolate cake I’m going to attempt not to because it’s methotrexate Friday tomorrow. I had a plan to get up really early tomorrow and get the methotrexate over with but my mum said not to do that 🤷‍♀️

basically it’ll just be a kind of torture for me for the eating part of it but what’s new in this family?

LA got very angry with me when I said that I saw BR’s friend Leola driving the taxi while he’s was on holiday, he said that I didn’t see that and he shook his finger at me very much like big baba…oh dear

Poor Leola tho someone needs to do the holiday cover driving don’t they? I don’t think that was very nice specially considering that one day she’ll be sister-in-law 😂

yes don’t worry Toni I shut the doors in this kind of weather it’s only certain family members who have maybe had a bit too much eggnog who do otherwise haha

i’ll go for now because it is getting a bit sauna - like again and I need to do one or two things bye for now Toni take care xx

ps our not -so - friendly thermostat- controlling Grinch lol xx

• toady
    edited 22. Dec 2022, 20:38
    Options

Hello folks 👋 well it was indeed a dark & dreadful morning for me, when the postman caught me out 😬 more fool me talking about them delivering RM24 parcels today, having not the slightest idea some silly, I mean kindly, person sent me something by that service and I was doomed to be dragged to the door early once again. In fact had to flag down van which was just pulling away, making an even bigger spectacle of myself, and he said he was just going to fetch a pen to leave a card because he had nothing to write with (eh? 🤨🙄) oh, and lives up the road. So the postie I've made the biggest twit of myself in front of lives round the corner, lovely. I half wished I'd left the door off the catch all night so he could leave it, but no that would not have worked either, had to be signed for. Talk about wish the ground would swallow you. And no other post at all, thank you very much 😕, not a card. I'm simply having a wonderful Christmas time 🎶😂.

Oh well next year, eh, frog 😉 sorry you have had to abandon the rest of your xmas post but it really can't be helped. Going to bed by 9 is a lot more use to you than stewing over card writing and I expect most people you are in touch with anyway, or ring them up &c, they'll understand. No card from next door and tomorrow there will be the riveting question of who will or won't bring in whose recycling bin. Oh well I can do no more. Quiet day here today apart from the nasty start, I have been Back to the Downstairs Lavatory, and had a very much needed tidy up elsewhere. Lovely pic they were all enjoying themselves at Stonehenge I believe, I would have been better off there, no postmen 😂. I have been outdoors a little while too, Mrs B was there 😀 I tidied up a tiny bit as well just rounded up a few things that will need digging up out of pots - will be able to plant sweet peas etc soon (I swear I will get the cold frame up while there still is actually any point 😄). Hope you have had a fairly quiet day too and is there any crumb of motorhome news I wonder 🤔. I should have said sooner, sorry Charley and Annie have tested positive 😫 oh no that must be complicated by being with the other funeral attendees I suppose it means the whole contacting business (do you even have to report a positive test in now?) I hope they are still feeling ok and you too, do make sure you have a neg test tomorrow! 🤞🤞See you then, have a good evening :) xx

Hello joan, no card yet, I suspect maybe there won't be - it's a bit like a soap opera isn't it 😂 oh gosh, who has the energy for this sort of thing. Hope you are both ok and the knee keeps on improving every day , hope you don't have to go far for any reason. Will seem odd no post tomorrow and because of xmas day being Sunday it will be 28th at the earliest I think 😔 I was hoping something would have got through today, there are people I won't know how they are until I get their card. Have a good day tomorrow if we see Sue here we will make sure the kettle's on :) xx

Hi bosh hope things are quiet with you at least there should be more chance of some sleep with no energetic LA around. I can quite see how him being bright means yes he's not easily pacified about things or can be fobbed off as you say, I suppose that's a good thing in some ways 🤔 but yes such hard work, surprising he has so much energy what with his sad Dickensian existence at home being denied cheese sandwiches for breakfast 😂. Glad he is being philosophical about being in the clutches of his parents again 😄 and v sweet that BR is so fond of you 😊. Glad your walk to the group was in nice weather, and it was good there, RR seeming ok &c & planning his upmarket xmas lunch haha. It was colder going to the postbox last night I did not hang around long. A cyclist was coming along the pavement in the dark & I stood well out the way for them, but they just turned straight up the very drive in front of me; why me. Not sure if I will go out later or not into the 'moonscape' 🤔. Yes Pinterest is full of amazing stuff I can never find my way around though! I actually love that 2nd ladies hair I admit she does not seem too happy about things herself but I would have that myself any day. But yes controlling everything, now that's a very distant hope. So sorry LLF is not really an asset as a friend, LL or otherwise 😔 it's a shame because she's losing out by that too, people are a mystery to me pretty much. Btw glad (reading back) you had more help from 'onion ring' than the previous time 👍️ and the Tales from the Waiting Room were amusing, oh it would be fascinating to hear what the receptionists say about people among themselves 😂 must get all sorts. Hope your mum will feel better from what's bothering her at the moment and therefore be less cross 🤞. Have a good night see you next time :) xx

Love to Kitty and Barbara 😘 xx

hope everyone else is doing ok. xx

• bosh
    Options

Thanks toady 🐸

don’t worry I have many spare writing implements for scatty posties lol

with pencils sharpened to a razor sharp point, oh sorry shouldn’t have mentioned that 😂

its v much bedtime for Mima lol so I’ll say good night bye tc xx

Ps tardis art and a Buddhist image etc which is of course not meant to cause offence but if censors or anyone minds I’m sure they’ll let me know (it’s just an objective pic not really designed to offend anybody) xx

• toady
    Options

'night to bosh, whose earlier post I didn't see as is probably obvious, catch up tomorrow :) xx p.s. did just go to the postbox and a bit further, quite nice, a breath of air anyway.

Sleep well all 😴 xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

Joan I am so sorry your leg is still hurting it's such a good job you have tramadol to help ((())) I have heard from my friend yesterday quite a bit she is keeping busy. She enjoys football so was watching it last night. I am catching up here. Wrapping pressies and organising delivery/collection of them too. Hope you are ready now? We have the motorhome back! sending love to you and Sue ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing today?

Lucy is ok Charley and Annie are doing well, but Tia's Grandad (in a nursing home) has contracted COVID now. He isn't well at all being immobile and having diabetes etc. It was his birthday yesterday and we should have all gone over to see him. Paul and I took his birthday and Christmas presents over hope he does ok. The home had been in lockdown so he caught it there. They did so well and had no cases at all dusing the height of it.

Shall we keep RR and BIL well apart from each other? Otherwise the local gastroenterologist will be extremely busy.😉

With regards to BIL and his not wearing a coat. Just like your dad. Interesting they do say that we choose a partner like our own parents.....perhaps don't tell your sister that🤭

Of course it's his birthday on Christmas day (get him a coat maybe?😁hehee!) I had forgotten that. I am sure going to Maidenhead will be a good thing just remember your passport won't you? LA will be so so pleased to see you as he now 'owns' you Auntie Goddess Mima supplier of the heavenly jelly babies. your names is growing! I hope you do manage to enjoy the day in spite of your MTX.

Whatever makes him think that Leola wasn't driving the taxi?

she might want to work on Christmas day sure she'd get extra tips.

The Grinch is doing a good job with our thermostat atm I am quite impressed with the aid of our blankets too of course from time to time. keep warm but not too stuffy if you can and take care.

Morning Kitty it was lovely to hear your voice the other day I am hoping you are doing ok in your little bungalow. Still enjoying being veggie too. Sleek has been and bought some vegetarian food for you both. Veggie 'mole' and veggie 'vole' sounds delightful. It seems there are cats out there who are wanting a healthier and more compassionate way of living🙄really? 😂((())) xxx

Morning Toady how are you doing this lovely day? I see you went late night to the post box again? Not so me early morning did the job along with delivering my round of the village magazine which contained a pic of yours truly who won an enormous Polar (Poala) bear at the village Advent sale.

Oh no!

In your PJs? What kind of an idiot uses RM24 to get YOU out of bed in front of your neighbour postie? may I suggest the following to be kept nearby:

very effective.

Oh wow you got outside and saw Mrs B!! well done at least getting things ready. Sure the coldframe will get done soon.

I am just dealing with family this year I think it's for the best oh and my friend of course, but no pressies for her she wants nothing this year. Understandable. We will be off in the motorhome tomorrow up near hers visit her on Christmas morning then back here to Lucy for Christmas day meal. She is keen to host. Don't worry I'll help her.

Charley and Annie are still fine - just goes to show you really can be asymptomatic. Yes we are all in danger so being extra cautious here. Still testing negative. Poor Tia's Grandad (in a nursing home which is currently in lockdown) is now positive bless him. No idea if you have to contact trace I think not - mad isn't it?

No card from next door? Oh well I hope the recycling bins reappear as they should 🤞more attention paid to the downstairs loo too? You are being quite virtuous I must say. I am going to clean the fishtank today and load up the motorhome.

A quick wave to Barbara and Carol hoping all is well ((())) xxx

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) I hope you have a good day today. How is your eye will you have the other one done. Love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I know how you felt I would not go out side if a neighbour was out there. Now I just think I’m has good has anyone else. That’s good you saw Mrs B. a friend we have known years said I will bring your card next week. Have a good day thank you for thinking about me.

Barbara (()) Have a good day I hope everyone is alright there (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and is girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) that’s good your friend has something to put her mind on. Have a good time in the motorhome and a lovely day with Lucy (()) Sorry about Tia’s grand Dad (()). That’s good Charley and Annie are alright (()) Love to your friend (()) and Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day you are doing well with the MXT love to your mum (()) how is her arm

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    Options

👋toady 🐸

ho are you?

you didn’t make it to the postbox, fair enough

let me know your thoughts on my poem when you’ve got Time please

thanks about Tales from the waiting room - love that title lol 😂

the postie episode was v interesting lol

not sure if I’ve already mentioned this but once I had a similar awkward experience when my dad was ill in hospital in London but I was in Reading at the time and this uncle from India and his wife suddenly appeared on my doorstep early one Saturday morning wanting to visit dad as they thought he was at home! I was just in night attire plus dressing gown - didn’t even have time to change or have breakfast!!

had an early mxt today so far not doing too badly thanks 👍

(but last night wasn’t so good)

that’s it for now I think

bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

Thanks about the mxt

I’m not too bad today thanks

mum is ok atm thanks (she had a stomachache last morning tho and was possibly feeling a bit weak last night )

I hope you both have a good morning / afternoon bye tc xx

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni 🌺

how are you today?

Just A tiny reminder I know I wrote lots of confusing instalments yesterday but I did write a little poem it was the one accompanied by the eggnog pic you might want to read it if you have time please - thank you 😀

im glad about Lucy and A, v sorry to hear about T’s GD tho

Yes I agree RR and bill definitely need to be kept apart 😂

no I def won’t tell my sister about the partners resembling dads thing lol otherwise I have a feeling she will excommunicate the from the family 😱

i do have my trusty Maidenhead passport but thanks but no Visa so whether I’m allowed entry is at the discretion of chief of border control LA, oh dear I think I’ll bribe him with a few cheese sandwiches 🧀

Yes possibly a coat for bill that’s faux fur lined with cashmere or on my budget maybe empty compressed toilet tissue rolls held together with melted jelly babies lol 🍭🍭

LA will indeed be very happy happy just as long as we’ve got brought all his favourite junk food 😂

my title and job description does indeed seem to be growing haha

LA’s also ordered mum to bring some cheese for Christmas Day so my dad purchased some brie or something like that I can imagine his next tantrum “I wanted cheddar big B, cheddar I said, now I don’t want to bite you on Christmas Day do you but I will if I have to🧛‍♂️🎅”

Yes grinch does a good job lol

ok I’ll leave it there Toni as I had an early mxt and am feeling a bit tired now 💤

bye and Tc Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan

sorry forgot to mention that my mums arm is better now thanks 👍

bye Tc xx

• toady
    Options

Hi all 😊 well I have had a quiet day 🤫 yes really, no disturbances! in fact it's too quiet you wonder what will break the silence first 😂.

I was not quite in my pyjamas for the postman frog, but only because I threw my trousers on over them, well what he didn't know didn't hurt him 😂 I could absolutely have done with the handy bag over head though. I always think well why can't we all just go round in whatever we feel like, a chicken suit say, and no-one take any notice - we're all far too hidebound. I, me, brought in the bins this morning, in the rain, never let it be said I can't rise above things - and at least it scotched mrs m from pointedly leaving mine 😉. Hope it did not rain on you on your village magazine round, has 'poala bear' settled in, assuming you're keeping him, well done anyway prizes are fun 😀. Very dull today! what's that line from (is it Omar Khayyam) something about the upturned bowl of night, it has been like being under an upturned bowl all day no light at all. Don't be fooled into thinking I'm being busy and virtuous, it's a half hour of something here & there I assure you, the rest is mucking about on the internet, napping, tea & biscuits 😂. Sleek has been very good taking veggie dishes to Kitty (glad you've been in touch) and if there is going to be vole on the menu then it follows there will be vole-au-vents for party food, obvs. Glad your shopping was ok and good luck in advance for the joint (sort of but mainly Lucy) xmas catering. So sorry to hear about Tia's Grandad, how awful when they've been so good for all this time, fingers crossed let us know how he is & sorry you couldn't see him, too. 😔 Just a quick thought, I was wondering about @dreamdaisy (as I haven't strayed far from the cafe lately), I was sorry to see she isn't here nowadays, do we know how she is? Have a good xmas eve, I will start in on the end of year cafe tidying as I will be the one with no commitments 😄. See you whenever you are in. I love today's jolly little snowmen btw and the similar ones you posted before. ☃️ xx

Hello joan, hope you are both well. Neighbours, it's always a bit of a funny thing really because it's nice if you get on but it's just a matter of chance who you live near, there's no real reason you should like them more than anyone else. People probably do just think I'm unfriendly to be fair but there are only so many days I ever actually feel like being chatty & you can't expect them to understand that on others you just want to mind your own business and scuttle inside the house. Maybe a t-shirt system, one for Talk To Me, one for Don't (no offence) 😂. Have a good xmas eve tomorrow both of you :) do you get the dogs presents, I can't remember sorry xx

Hi bosh, I have not been out today but I did get to the box late yesterday and walked for a way in the other direction for a change and to see some of the other christmas lights. Some are quite good and artistic I have been mentally awarding 1st 2nd & 3rd prizes 🥇😄. Sorry to hear that you are destined/doomed to spend xmas day with the EF 😬 could you possibly nip back in just when you're leaving saying you've forgotten something, deadlock the door and say you'll see everyone after Christmas 😂 joking sorry I hope it goes as well as possible, not too much brie no biting no fighting etc.🤞The awkward experience with your uncle and aunt was way worse than a minor postie episode 😱 oh gosh, don't know how you kept any form of composure whatever. Did I really not comment on the eggnog poem 🤔 mind you I have missed a few things I think, I know I had things in mind things to say as I read it, inc. wondering what the appeal of eggnog is (never having had it) or is it one of those things people have just because it's seasonal even though they wouldn't any other time. Anyway I laughed 😂 I have not invited my neighbours in for nut roast or anything else, terrifying thought, that's probably part of the problem they never get asked round for coffee & chats 🤔 but I can't help that and it's the same for everyone, so it's not personal. Anyway these difficult ones are a couple they have each other for company (sooner them than me, enough said). Anyway festive themed VC poems always welcome when the muse takes you and you have a nice sharp pencil ✏️ :) Have a good evening & tomorrow, hope your mum still not too bad. xx

Love to Kitty nice to hear via Toni 😊 have a nice Christmas Eve xx

and to Barbara hope all family are well 😘 xx

best to all, whatever your plans over the weekend xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi toady 🐸

thanks about the poem I don’t think you commented before but I’m in a bit of a post mxt haze so could’ve possibly made an error myself lol

i certainly wish I could make an excuse and stay in etc no need to apologise lol

but unfortunately my family doesn’t work like that

ive never had eggnog either seasonal food etc can be off putting sometimes though can’t it?

i know of course you don’t eat meat etc but I don’t always like turkey id be much happier with a piece of fish🐠

Yes that was awkward omelette - lady aunt was nice but the uncle (her husband) was in a terrible mood wouldn’t even accept the tea I’d offered! I myself hadn’t even had a glass of water was just thinking who in the name of all that’s cheesy is knocking on the door at this time in the morning?? Oh well.

I wish you an uninterrupted sleep 💤 that’s just that - not the lull before the storm ⛈

bye tc xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone

The countdown begins.....

Morning Joan. Yes my friend is keeping busy bless her I think she will never have such a clean house. She will need to think about work in the new Year. Charley and Annie are still ok, but very very tired. I am over To Lucy's this morning with everything ready for her to cook (with my help) tomorrow. I hope you are ready? ((())) xxx

Morning to Kitty I know you don't actually celebrate Christmas, but I expect it's unavoidable for you to hear about it and know it's getting close. Still I am sending my love and best wishes as usual. Hope the carers are well and looking after you ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi - how are you doing today? Is your Mum still improving as well?

How did you make that lovely cat coffee?! I love it!!❤️

Oh I did miss the poem yesterday what a lovely little ditty! Sleekipuss loves it. She reckons she is happy enough with mackerel lattes and promises she won't touch the eggnog😁thank you😘

It's true though about us choosing partners like our parents I am (in personality) very like my MIL was. Paul is short like my Dad and hard working, but luckily not anywhere near as bad tempered. Definitely just look next time you see BIL, but keep schtum😉

I think at this time of year you can bribe the Maidenhead border control quite easily with the prospect of Christmas gifts? I might be wrong of course - as long as your passport is in order which I am sure it is.

I see you are also taking food supplies with you. Not sure about the brie (which used to be my absolute favourite and I so so mean that....sigh) I think BB is in real trouble you know.😣

Your title is definitely growing and will probably continue to grow commensurate with your extra responsibilities. The pay grade unfortunately remains the same🙄

I think taking MTX early was a good plan.

Toady i am so very pleased that you had a restful and peaceful day yesterday☺️. Keep the paper bag by your front door for future use. To be fair some people have been breaking 'the rules' a bit going to Asda and the school drop off in their jamas... I have many times when Lucy was ill shoved clothes over my nightwear for the arrival of the emergency services. They don't know or care probably.

It did rain on my magazine round, but l didn't mind too much. I am very glad to hear you are not being too virtuous you are entitled to enjoy some rest like everyone. Well done bringing both bins in👏

Also the Poala bear has been rehomed to my great niece's along with a purchased baby Poala bear in a box (with airholes) for her birthday 28th December. I have enough to cope with here with my Aldi carrots, family of elves including one almost as tall as me!

Vole-au-vents!🤣yup plenty of them, but only for meat eaters fish for those who eat fish (Kitty does), but she's not allowed egg nog. Not safe for small cats.

Kari has made some vegan Baileys😋 She had to suspend her etsy shop due to postal strikes and is making the most of the rest.

I am in touch with DD. She is doing really well indeed. Her husband retired a year or so back and she is able to do quite a bit more now with him around. I had a message from Speedalong too asking after her, so I will pass on your best as well shall I?

Thank you I will enjoy my Christmas eve some of it spent in the motorhome some of it here in our hometown. You enjoy yourself too ((())) xxx Have added another snowman!

Morning To Carol I do hope all is well with that huge family. That Mr T is being a good boy and not at all moody. That you managed to get all the pressies for your Gkids that you wanted and above all that you are WELL! Love as usual ((()))

Morning to Barbara. I am almost certain you will call in today to wish us all a Merry Christmas. I wish the same back to you and hope you are coping ok. Love to you and all the family Mr B and all your Grandaughters and sons ((())) xxx

the vgans just get the toast 🙏 sorry

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone. Happy Christmas to everyone and the mods

Kitty (()) have a good day (()) love to Anita (()) and Val (()) and Emily (()) and your Dad (())

Toady (()) I remember my friend was married she used to go dancing with her husband one day there was a knock on the door when she was up stairs changing to go. her daughter who was small said mummy is can’t come to the door she’s up stairs getting undressed. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) have a good day with your family how is Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your brother (()) and is girlfriend (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) have a lovely time in the motor home. Love to your friend (()) have a lovely time with Lucy (()) tomorrow. How is Tia’s granddad ((())) how is Paul feeling now (()) love to Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Annie (()) and the carers (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) how is her stomach ache (())

take care
    joan xx
  • clonsea
    clonsea Member Posts: 12
    Options

Good Morning (still, just!?)

Another of my little knitted tree decorations. I was making batch back in October for a children's charity stall. I think I would have been humming 'While Shepherd's Watched their Flocks by Night' and thinking 'Angel of the Lord' or something.

It's not been the greatest of years for many this year. With family all over the place and several 'doing their bit' over the actual Christmas period, we're keeping it pretty minimal here. Bring on a New Year with hopes that things will be better for all of us.

Best Wishes, Ciel