hi Charlestown

how are you today?

glad you enjoyed the movie

hope you have a good evening bye take care x

ps sweet pea tea or something like that lol x

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,711

Hi toady my amphibian friend

I hope the storm isn’t ravaging your garden and house right now?

I went on a short walk today partly to avoid any storm - related problems

I’ve been inside for a while now so I’m unsure about storm - damage as yet but the wind certainly sounds gothic to me 😱

anyway if a tile comes off the roof dad can sort out the insurance etc, on second thoughts mum and I had better do it lol

Glad you liked Kermit 👍

one of the Balzac characters is wounded by insults from a lady but he keeps quiet as he wants to be invited to an aristocratic abode, i say, “Forget that, where’s my invitation to the next birthday party?” Outrageous really haha

Ok I’ve been organised for once today with the messages so I’ll reward us both with a pic of ELTB’s little baby elephant pals working out at the gym or something like that lol

have as good an evening as possible toady, be careful and take care xx

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Hi everyone. I do not like this weather. Currently snugged up in bed listening to Christopher Cross greatest hits. A very underrated guitarist and thoroughly all round nice chap. I’ve nodded off twice and a sudden gust has woken me up.

very grumpy.

• bosh

good night everyone take care in the storm

I’ve gotten myself into an elephant mood now lol

so good night from the baby elephant I like to call BR 😂xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Night all, internet has been going off and on like a yo-yo all evening 🙄 if I can't get in tomorrow, assume all my wiring has snapped or twizzled itself into knots or something. Weather absolutely hateful, yes agree with all, seems to be the new normal unfortunately but we jolly well better get a decent summer.

Good luck with your fences @Charlestown I know the feeling it used to be a tradition wrestling a couple of the wretched things back in til I got some (slightly) better ones. Hate fences full stop really. I don't know Charlestown the place, though I am half Cornish, I never lived there I just know some areas with family connection, but haven't been back for many years. 2 cats, oh marvellous 😊 xx

See you tomorrow bosh hopefully🤞hope all's well at Reading you have a reputation to keep up as holiday destination extraordinaire, can't have the roof half off 😱 ..gothic weather, you said it.. "it was a dark and stormy night" etc xx

Hope all's ok at the bunker too SK and things calm down enough for sleep, it can pack it in now please 🙄 or it'll be the tea night shift at this rate ☕ xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,792

Morning Joan How are you and Sue? Does her ankle feel strong enough to her now? How awful about that lady where people avoided her because she was bereaved😕 The poor woman! She certainly didn't deserve that. To be fair my friend tends to avoid people herself rather than the other way around. I thank God for those little yorkies every day. You take care ((())) xxx

Morning Reshmi how are you doing? Your Mum is doing so well with her sugar levels atm isn't she?

I love all the elephant pics they are so adorable.

I do get what you mean about the smell of fish it is worse than cabbage when I used ti cook it for my girls I used to put a shower cap on or it got in my hair.

Simple recipe for the kaposztás tészta (Car- poss-tash-tesster) Diced half a white cabbage diced one large onion. salt and ground black pepper. In olive oil for me some use butter you very gently over quite a while maybe half an hour? sauté until they turn golden and become sweet to the taste. If you make your own pasta (but you can use shop bought pasta to fusilli or farfalle work best)Mix flour a little water and an egg to a fairly dry but smooth dough (I don't do exact measurements just use my initiative). Then you roll it flat until it's very thin and flour it before cutting into small squares. The squares are popped into boiling water until they rise to the surface (very quick this bit) then all you do is drain and stir the cabbage mixture in.

Sometimes I do a whole white cabbage if I am not making vegan coleslaw anytime soon. The cabbage and onion mix can be frozen once cooked. I'm so glad you fancy cooking again it can be very therapeutic and peaceful - if you get the kitchen to yourself of course!

Oh gosh your poor mum eating a raw onion! 😣 makes my eyes run even thinking about it. Bless her wanting to copy the workers. I bet they were healthy though eating their onions like that.

Oh no GI Joe! I will be extra polite to him and pretend I will do all the dietary things he wants me to I promise. Macros micros whatever!

Terrifying array of hairdressing torture implements there Reshmi, but the poem is brilliant totally describes your visits to said torture chamber😁�

I also did a shorter walk yesterday , but today I am walking with Kari. Electric bikes too if the wind doesn't blow us off! Thank LA for helping with the hatch battening. He did a great job and only needed rewarding with Paul's 🧀

take care ((()))

Morning Skinny K how are you?

I hope you're ok and not too sad about Sucré and Anda being at Nannie's just now.

The storm settled in the end so all being well you slept too a bit at least.

I used to like Christopher Cross' music too. Have you met him or had you heard he is a nice man?

Morning Toady oh yes but the wind and rain certainly blew up last night didn't they? Wow! Sleek was not at all flustered she never is about such matters.

She did ask whether you were ok though. Bless her she is getting ready to come over and is bringing some doughnuts as she can't wait until Tuesday. Hope your shopping is pretty well done now.

I know what you mean about google's differing blood figures. I gave up after about an hour or so! I think I can manage the two hours by taking the iron tablets straight away then waiting a whole hour(!) for my morning cuppa. I think it's possibly even to do with the arthritis anyway. Plan is to take my own tablets at a level I can cope with not theirs. At least my B12 was good. They are always on at us veggies and vegans about B1 although this is an NHS statistic:

1 in 10 people aged 75 or over and 1 in 20 people aged 65 to 74 are deficient.

Take care and i hope when daylight dawns you are all ok after Isha's visit.

Morning @Charlestown Thanks for the little bit of background on you☺️ I like Lancashire, but very sorry to hear how your villages and towns are all swallowing up the green land. Houses are doing that here too. Time we humans steadied back on having children I think.

I loved the snowman pic and the one of your son.

Glad to hear your sciatica has eased off a bit due to you being very sensible. Shame to have to sit in unnatural positions though instead of comfy ones.

You like the sachet cappuccinos? I keep some of those in for my non-vegan visitors.

Anyone else having trouble at all posting? I am getting so it won't post and for some reason above it highlighted in RED is a version of my post????

Not to worry probably me or my laptop.

Take care everyone

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,094

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers (())

Toady (()) I hope everything is alright where you live. Our broadband is a fibre cable. Have a good day. Take care if you go out.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) thank you for asking about Sue she goes for another ex-ray in February. Have a good day go careful on your bikes both of you. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) Have a good day go careful on your walk. Love to your mum is she getting on alright.

Skinny Keef (()) have a good day go careful if you go out. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

Charlestown (()) Have a good day go careful if you go out. I have a recliner I’m sat in writing this every morning to rest my legs ( I get up at 6 oo my sister has carers ) I have my mug of cappuccino pods. My dog sits on my lap.

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• bosh

Hi Charlestown

how are you today?

sensible about sciatica exercises 👍

I’ve got a friend who has sciatica, she didn’t do any exercises for years and got a massive flare up - seems a bit of a strange attitude to me lol

i get backache sometimes, not sciatic - but I find that a hard - backed chair helps my posture

im in the southeast Reading to be specific

have a nice afternoon tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you?

yes mum is doing well with her blood sugar thanks

despite dad trying to offload multiple mince pies on her 😱

im ok thanks apart from dad banishing from downstairs as he’s doing a late online gym class 🤷‍♀️

I was comfortable downstairs temperature- wise for once

but now I’m back in the cold room but just quite temporarily thanks

Thanks so much for the recipe Toni

you’re welcome about the pics

that’s a good idea the shower cap

I seem to have hurt my left hand a bit from hauling a load of stuff upstairs at short notice due to demon dad

plus it is quite cold in here and I’ll have to relocate again soon and then perform ablutions lol

So I’ll try and be brief

thats sad about your dad experiencing real poverty too

Yes the builders had a strange diet but healthy too I agree

Yes it sometimes seems to me that both Lorenzo and GI Joe are everywhere- maybe we should use Charlestown’s cappuccino packets - just to be safe .

Thanks about the poem

sorry about the hairdressers equipment- I didn’t think that image through lol

I have a hospital b test Tomorrow- just routine

glad your house was ok after storm

I’ll stop now as I’m freezing 🥶

👋toady SK and Joan

will write more after shower and igloo - vacating procedures lol

bye for now all tc xx

• Skinny Keef

Hi Charlestown. I don’t know if I would describe it as loneliness. I feel sometimes people don’t realise how bad I am pain wise, although I think most around me now do actually know now even if they didn’t.

I do however feel that my physical state and inability to walk far or travel by car means I get left out of doing stuff with my family and as a result I get very lonely. I am the first to say that my two go do stuff even if I can’t so that they don’t miss out. I travel better by motorcycle so as the weather improves I will be able to include myself more often.

I find loneliness an absolute crippler though. Once it gets hold of me and I am miserable that’s it, no point in trying to do anything at all.

I used to suffer with performance anxiety or stage fright before gigs and I found an effective exercise to cope with that, I wonder if there is something similar to deal with loneliness?

one last thing, my loneliness has become worse and more intense lately and I think it is because I used to fill my alone time with wall to wall guitar playing or piano or whatever and now I can’t as my pain is worse so I have more down time resting and that’s when it starts to creep in and get hold of me.

i think a new guitar would help no end 😉

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both doing today?

I walked but the weather wasn’t too bad here luckily 🍀

mum and I are ok thanks

it’s just the clashes with dad that get her down sometimes

I hope your house was ok in the storm?

bye for now tc xx

ps Rose truffles xx

• bosh

Hi toady

how are you today?

the holiday destination seems to be ok thanks

how is your own abode?

it’s very much sauna temperature here

but of course that’s not the worst problem

mum is ok 👍

I didn’t actually have a haircut by the way, just wrote about a fictional one, need to book one though

LA told BR that when he becomes 4 or 5 he can holiday alone in Reading lol, 3 is too young 😂

BR agreed - how funny

Im wearing some green nail polish in your esteemed tradition

B test for me tomorrow just routine- but at the hospital- so no vampire nurse

ok a bit busy with stuff, so have a good night toady and tc xx

ps lavender truffles xx

• bosh

Hi Charlestown

about loneliness, when I was first diagnosed I felt very alone as I didn’t personally know anyone with arthritis, well not anyone I could talk to, this site helps, in my case being on the meds for approximately a few years helped, physio can help, other than that not sure what to say exactly, I suppose taking each day as it comes

sorry a bit busy now with all manner of things lol, but I hope you have a nice night tc. xx

ps sorry about breakfast pic - glitch with the other one lol xx

• bosh

Hi Skinny Keef

how are you and your family today?

did your house have any storm damage?

I have a non - vampire nurse blood test tomorrow so I should get things organised

have a nice night tc x

• Skinny Keef

Hey Reshmi, thanks for asking, my little cottage sits in the shadows of bigger commercial buildings as I’m in the high street and it provides a lot of shelter from the high winds so i am very lucky. No damage thankfully and none to my precious bunker.

All good with you?

all the best for tomorrow.

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 22. Jan 2024, 23:19

Hi all 👋

Just to quickly say hello and all's ok here, still blowing but no damage 👍️ glad everyone ok. I have had the internet on-ing & off-ing all day still though 😕 and I had my grocery shop to finalize and made a nosegay sale so I had to fight to get these things done. If it could go off mid-checkout, mid-bank login, mid book postage in, mid verify myself for something, then needless to say it did so 😣. Thank heavens and thank Sleek for doughnuts, I don't think I could have made it otherwise 😂.

Love to all and I will see you hopefully when the internet has stabilised and/or I have, preferably both, I must get my head down for 5 mins before post & shopping delivery 😬 good luck for bloods bosh, my abode is holding up thank you 👍️ and have a good night as poss everyone 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Oi Toni!!! How come Sleek never brings me any duffnuts?